• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Intravenous Crack vs. IV Powder Cocaine HCl: Pros & Cons?

Dr_F

Bluelighter
First of all, I want to say in all sincerity that if you’ve snorted coke and are considering shooting it, PLEASE DON’T. (And if you haven’t used coke at all, GOOD FOR YOU! Stay the fuck away.)

For that matter, if you’ve never IV’ed before, count your blessings and keep it that way; there are plenty of other viable ROAs with high BAs and quick onsets, e.g. plugging is comparable to IM for many drugs.

Alright, to be clear I’m not dissolving crack cocaine in water (I believe it’s insoluble in H2O as freebase, right?), but rather taking crack--- cocaine minus the HCl molecule--- dissolving it in distilled white vinegar which adds the HCl that is stripped when crack is cooked, adding a roughly equal amount of alkaline bottled water to the amount of vinegar used to cut the acidity (i.e. water with a pH > 7; Fiji has a pH of 7.8, however I prefer Iceland Pure with a pH of 8.88 ), filtering and shooting.

There are several reasons that I choose to IV crack (+ an added HCl molecule of course) rather than simply IV’ing powder:

1) Prior to the first and only time I’ve IV’ed powder, I checked BL and what I took away was that heating it didn’t even make a difference as unlike with dope you can’t kill all the bacteria. Fortunately, I had very (very) high grade, quality uncut coke; the only hands that touched it were gloved ones in a foreign country and mine. Still, I did put a flame to it briefly…

2) Although high quality coke such as above is available on a very limited basis (and albeit not on the corner, lol) in select big cities in my state, it’s not available in my current city, although it used to be 8-9 years ago. IDK why, fucking “war on drugs?” Who knows. Point is that crack is not only pervasive where I live, it’s virtually the only form of coke that your regular junkie can get, despite “connects.” Now, I could get powder, I’ve seen batches cooked up to rock… however, that powder looks nothing like fish scale much less something I’d risk putting in my veins without being able to kill all the bacteria! Even the best “hook-ups” who used to have access to the high quality shit will show me the powder and suggest they go ahead and cook it because of the cut… and I agree.

3) So based on the above, it seems that I have 1 of 2 options: I can IV cut-up powder cocaine HCl of a questionable sanitary standard; or, I can dissolve crack in vinegar as above, allowing the vinegar to kill all the bacteria.

[Granted, a third option is that I could simply smoke it… Except that I honestly don’t really like smoking crack. I find the high short-lived and less intense than IV; and whereas IV’ing a 20 in one shot has me “breathing ice” and if I’ve got coke already in my system possibly “hearing the train,” smoking a 20 gives me a kinda headache but not really a headache, I guess better described as a “head high” vs. full “body high.”]

So, with the option of either basically shooting a solution that could have bacteria vs. one that’s clean per the addition of vinegar, the answer seems simple… However, I honestly don’t know all the variables. That is, does shooting half vinegar/half water pose any particular additional health risks? Hell, to be honest I did 2 shots before typing this and to make it more concentrated didn’t add water--- I’ve never had straight vinegar plus crack burn, although I’m sure it would if I missed--- but does this fuck up my veins without me knowing? Hell, cocaine is an analgesic; I might not feel it, at least not in my veins vs. flesh or muscle.

I stated at the outset that I looked to BL before shooting powder; well, I did the same before shooting crack. If I remember correctly, at least one person said he’d rather IV crack than powder due to some of the reasons I listed above.

As this is a harm reduction site, the underlying philosophy being that people will make the choices they’re going to make, let’s simply try and help them to do as little harm to themselves as possible while not trying to proselytize or reform, I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback regarding the pros and cons of IV crack vs. powder; if there’s a safer, better way to IV crack than what I’ve outlined above; again, any and all related feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
~Faust~

One more thing: I believe there was a BL thread about how to convert crack to a snortable, powder cocaine HCl, and I believe someone said, "yea what's the point though because you lose 30%"....
When you use the above method to IV crack, do you "lose" any product?

I think you are getting a little overly caught up in all of this. First of all cut cocaine is fairly easy to clean up with an acetone wash (it's insoluble). Just place your coke into acetone, the filler will mostly dissolve, and filter to collect the cocaine salt. Some people who want really clean coke will even freebase it and then convert it back into a salt. However since you have easier access to crack but want to shoot it, you just need to convert it to the salt with acid as you have been doing.

Rather than just dissolving the crack in excess vinegar, you should place it in distilled water and titrate in acid until the crack is fully dissolved (i.e has become cocaine salt). This will help save your blood vessels from low pH level solutions. If you want purer product you could even wash the crack with water first to dissolve any water soluble cuts in the crack.

Note that if you want to store the final product for extended periods of time it is probably best to evaporate the solution and store it is as solid cocaine.

What I would give to go back to the days when my drug "binges" consisted of maybe 2 8 balls a month and a gram each weekend. I've graduated not only to H, but apparently figured that on it's own wasn't sufficient so I had to fall in love with speedballs, doubling the cost. It's disgusting what I've spent on it frankly. The one thing that somehow comforts me is I am not physically dependent regardless of how hard I've been going... I guess I'm a freak.

As for shooting coke, it's kind of a novelty but not exactly pleasant so I don't think that on it's own is a major concern. Mix in some good H though, and fuck me I'll do it for days and days. I've dreamt of speedballs... just nothing like waiting those 2 or 3 seconds after pushing down the plunger and getting the coke taste in your throat which tells you that you got a direct full hit in you. Also at least 4 times now that's the last thing I recall until waking up on the floor only about 10 mins later, which is odd, waking up 2 hours later in my car in a drug store parking lot - thank GOD cops didn't show and I'm surprised they didn't because I can't beieve no one noticed me out in my car as I was, and least pleasant with flashlights and paramedics at my parents house on Easter with family downstairs. Yikes. Last, at a friends place where no more than 15 minutes earlier another friend went out on the same dope and left in an ambulance - he's fine. My friend watched over me for hours monitoring my vitals and keeping me in recovery position. I woke up about 4 hours later.

There's not much rhyme or reason to why I went out these various times, I partly attribute the car to lack of sleep because I only used 3 bags of dope which isn't much for me, the basement floor no idea, and Easter becasue I was a moron and shot one speedball, then figured wtf, I'll do another within 1 minute of the first using very good H probably with fentanyl in it. Friends apartment I think was due to xanax, sleep deprivation and strong dope.

At least I've gained some wisdom and realized that when doing this combo, it's absolutely not necessary to use near as much as I was in a shot, about half as much does the trick when combined. Safer, stuff lasts longer and goes further ... I would never have guessed less is just as good with substances because, well, it never usually is.

So, I'd say if you have willpower try a speedball and maybe do it a couple times a month if you like, but if you fall too hard for euphoria then never ever try it because nothing else comes close. Oh, and if you're gonna do it, do try to use quality powder without cut. Don't use bar grade shit... if you can't get shit that melts in your fingers and shimmers then use rock, though it's not quite as good.

^ this is a harm reduction forum. Do NOT suggest that someone speedball.

OP, I agree with the person above. If those are your options, you're better off doing an acetone wash.

Vinegar is absolutely horrible for your veins. I was a very careful IV user for many years, using vinegar a couple times when I was unable to get powder and had nothing else to break down rock caused a lot of damage. If you must, pick up some absorbic acid. It's sold as Vitamin C powder in the vitamin aisle and at least it's food grade.

Applying heat with a lighter will not sterilize your drugs for injection. It takes long periods of time and high temps to sterilize with heat. You're much better served by utilizing proper filtration (order some wheel filters online) and sterile injection practices (washing your hands, clean water, alcohol swabs, new needles, etc).

What I would give to go back to the days when my drug "binges" consisted of maybe 2 8 balls a month and a gram each weekend. I've graduated not only to H, but apparently figured that on it's own wasn't sufficient so I had to fall in love with speedballs, doubling the cost. It's disgusting what I've spent on it frankly. The one thing that somehow comforts me is I am not physically dependent regardless of how hard I've been going... I guess I'm a freak.

As for shooting coke, it's kind of a novelty but not exactly pleasant so I don't think that on it's own is a major concern. Mix in some good H though, and fuck me I'll do it for days and days. I've dreamt of speedballs... just nothing like waiting those 2 or 3 seconds after pushing down the plunger and getting the coke taste in your throat which tells you that you got a direct full hit in you. Also at least 4 times now that's the last thing I recall until waking up on the floor only about 10 mins later, which is odd, waking up 2 hours later in my car in a drug store parking lot - thank GOD cops didn't show and I'm surprised they didn't because I can't beieve no one noticed me out in my car as I was, and least pleasant with flashlights and paramedics at my parents house on Easter with family downstairs. Yikes. Last, at a friends place where no more than 15 minutes earlier another friend went out on the same dope and left in an ambulance - he's fine. My friend watched over me for hours monitoring my vitals and keeping me in recovery position. I woke up about 4 hours later.

There's not much rhyme or reason to why I went out these various times, I partly attribute the car to lack of sleep because I only used 3 bags of dope which isn't much for me, the basement floor no idea, and Easter becasue I was a moron and shot one speedball, then figured wtf, I'll do another within 1 minute of the first using very good H probably with fentanyl in it. Friends apartment I think was due to xanax, sleep deprivation and strong dope.

At least I've gained some wisdom and realized that when doing this combo, it's absolutely not necessary to use near as much as I was in a shot, about half as much does the trick when combined. Safer, stuff lasts longer and goes further ... I would never have guessed less is just as good with substances because, well, it never usually is.

So, I'd say if you have willpower try a speedball and maybe do it a couple times a month if you like, but if you fall too hard for euphoria then never ever try it because nothing else comes close. Oh, and if you're gonna do it, do try to use quality powder without cut. Don't use bar grade shit... if you can't get shit that melts in your fingers and shimmers then use rock, though it's not quite as good.

"Oh hey guys, I'm addicted to speedballs so you should try them too."

Speedballs are a surefire way to die from your addiction within a few years max. Please don't ever do a speedball OP, stick with coke, H is a whole nother bitch, and speed balling is almost certainely going to end in death.

Please do not advocate harm on a harm reduction focus form, speedballs are inherently dangerous and should NEVER be suggested to anyone. You're new, so I'm taking that into consideration and since you replied to a thread that's four years old, consider this your only and last unofficial warning. We take HR very seriously around here.

" cocaine minus the HCl molecule--- dissolving it in distilled white vinegar which adds the HCl that is stripped when crack is cooked, adding a roughly equal amount of alkaline bottled water to the amount of vinegar used to cut the acidity (i.e. water with a pH > 7; Fiji has a pH of 7.8, however I prefer Iceland Pure with a pH of 8.88 ), filtering and shooting. "

That's making Cocaine acetate.... Vinegar is acetic acid while HCL is hydrochloric acid. Just clearing it up for hr sake even though it's a four year old post.

Shot up 3grams of cocaine i'm thinking of taking a sleeping pill.....is this safe or suicide??

dudes in for a world of hurt

Well, after buying a gram of crack to IV, I guess I can put in my input:

Coke around here is pretty cut. I was banging a .5 shot to feel it lately (2 week binge..). It got to the point where I needed to use so much water to actually get all the coke and even then I was getting other stuff dissolved as well.

So I grabbed a gram of crack. Same price as a halfball for me.

It's just as easy to set up/cook.. and its purer, and cleaner.. and the volume of liquid I needed was so much lower. The high was cleaner and better and the volume of liquid much smaller.

I will never buy coke to IV with again, unless its from a dnm and I know its purity is up there. Coincidentally price for price a g of high heat is the same as the street price for a g of crack.. heyy! Crack is so much cleaner. Yes there was cut but so much more less.

Heck you know, even if I wanted to snort it.. itd prob be nicer.

Please do not advocate harm on a harm reduction focus form, speedballs are inherently dangerous and should NEVER be suggested to anyone. You're new, so I'm taking that into consideration and since you replied to a thread that's four years old, consider this your only and last unofficial warning. We take HR very seriously around here.

Damn, I didn't see the date on this. I'm slipping.
That's usually the first thing I check. April was a hard month for me sleep-wise.

Yoo BLer's! Surprising I've just now made an account even tho I(and every other user who's semi intelligent)have used this sight so the beginning of my drug career.so yeah.I'm new,dont know proper "etiquette" for posting threads or replying and what's allowed and not allowed..if anyone's up right now and don't mind filling me in on some do's and dont's on BL! Thanks in advance!

Btw I was about to do a huge shot of prettty decent soft for what's usually around and I wanted to look something up about powder and ended up making this haha!

Really hope there isn't some douche bag trolls on here that wanna say completely fucking idiotic things about my post. And obviously I know the main DONT'S that should just be common sense for everybody.but just the other little things that makes me using this to discuss things and ask questions or start my own thread,just whatever I should know and need to know !

Don't revive two year old friends without a real question then expect not to get called out.

First of all, I want to say in all sincerity that if you’ve snorted coke and are considering shooting it, PLEASE DON’T. (And if you haven’t used coke at all, GOOD FOR YOU! Stay the fuck away.)

For that matter, if you’ve never IV’ed before, count your blessings and keep it that way; there are plenty of other viable ROAs with high BAs and quick onsets, e.g. plugging is comparable to IM for many drugs.

Alright, to be clear I’m not dissolving crack cocaine in water (I believe it’s insoluble in H2O as freebase, right?), but rather taking crack--- cocaine minus the HCl molecule--- dissolving it in distilled white vinegar which adds the HCl that is stripped when crack is cooked, adding a roughly equal amount of alkaline bottled water to the amount of vinegar used to cut the acidity (i.e. water with a pH > 7; Fiji has a pH of 7.8, however I prefer Iceland Pure with a pH of 8.88 ), filtering and shooting.

There are several reasons that I choose to IV crack (+ an added HCl molecule of course) rather than simply IV’ing powder:

1) Prior to the first and only time I’ve IV’ed powder, I checked BL and what I took away was that heating it didn’t even make a difference as unlike with dope you can’t kill all the bacteria. Fortunately, I had very (very) high grade, quality uncut coke; the only hands that touched it were gloved ones in a foreign country and mine. Still, I did put a flame to it briefly…

2) Although high quality coke such as above is available on a very limited basis (and albeit not on the corner, lol) in select big cities in my state, it’s not available in my current city, although it used to be 8-9 years ago. IDK why, fucking “war on drugs?” Who knows. Point is that crack is not only pervasive where I live, it’s virtually the only form of coke that your regular junkie can get, despite “connects.” Now, I could get powder, I’ve seen batches cooked up to rock… however, that powder looks nothing like fish scale much less something I’d risk putting in my veins without being able to kill all the bacteria! Even the best “hook-ups” who used to have access to the high quality shit will show me the powder and suggest they go ahead and cook it because of the cut… and I agree.

3) So based on the above, it seems that I have 1 of 2 options: I can IV cut-up powder cocaine HCl of a questionable sanitary standard; or, I can dissolve crack in vinegar as above, allowing the vinegar to kill all the bacteria.

[Granted, a third option is that I could simply smoke it… Except that I honestly don’t really like smoking crack. I find the high short-lived and less intense than IV; and whereas IV’ing a 20 in one shot has me “breathing ice” and if I’ve got coke already in my system possibly “hearing the train,” smoking a 20 gives me a kinda headache but not really a headache, I guess better described as a “head high” vs. full “body high.”]

So, with the option of either basically shooting a solution that could have bacteria vs. one that’s clean per the addition of vinegar, the answer seems simple… However, I honestly don’t know all the variables. That is, does shooting half vinegar/half water pose any particular additional health risks? Hell, to be honest I did 2 shots before typing this and to make it more concentrated didn’t add water--- I’ve never had straight vinegar plus crack burn, although I’m sure it would if I missed--- but does this fuck up my veins without me knowing? Hell, cocaine is an analgesic; I might not feel it, at least not in my veins vs. flesh or muscle.

I stated at the outset that I looked to BL before shooting powder; well, I did the same before shooting crack. If I remember correctly, at least one person said he’d rather IV crack than powder due to some of the reasons I listed above.

As this is a harm reduction site, the underlying philosophy being that people will make the choices they’re going to make, let’s simply try and help them to do as little harm to themselves as possible while not trying to proselytize or reform, I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback regarding the pros and cons of IV crack vs. powder; if there’s a safer, better way to IV crack than what I’ve outlined above; again, any and all related feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
~Faust~

One more thing: I believe there was a BL thread about how to convert crack to a snortable, powder cocaine HCl, and I believe someone said, "yea what's the point though because you lose 30%"....
When you use the above method to IV crack, do you "lose" any product?
I have a similar question to yours and don't exactly see the answer I'm looking for so I'll give my input. I've ive'd powder coke hundreds of times and always get a very strong euphoric rush and usually 0.1 .15 dose and on the other hand have only tried crack one time through a pipe and did not get the desired effect probably because I wasn't doing it quite right anyways my question is does a good big hit of crack out of a pipe feel similar to a shot of Coke?

" cocaine minus the HCl molecule--- dissolving it in distilled white vinegar which adds the HCl that is stripped when crack is cooked, adding a roughly equal amount of alkaline bottled water to the amount of vinegar used to cut the acidity (i.e. water with a pH > 7; Fiji has a pH of 7.8, however I prefer Iceland Pure with a pH of 8.88 ), filtering and shooting. "

That's making Cocaine acetate.... Vinegar is acetic acid while HCL is hydrochloric acid. Just clearing it up for hr sake even though it's a four year old post.
Mate
what is the best additive to increase the initial Rush please.

i read it somewhere but dont remember but it was cheap and safe?
Cheers.

If you are adding vinegar to crack to to convert it to salt form, you’re not making an HCl salt. You’re forming an ACETATE salt. Or a CITRATE salt if you are smarter and use citric acid.

Btw, I’ve IVed coke a few times. Glad I had the experience, but I have no interest in doing it again. Some of us do have willpower.