• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Interview with master Kambo practitioner Simon Scott

Very interesting yepyep, thanks for sharing. :) It sounds rather subtle other than the violent illness. I hope you keep feeling that positive energy. Maybe you can focus on that dream you told me about, the skydiving one? As long as you're taking some sort of step, you're going somewhere. :)

What's rapeh, by the way?

rapeh, rape (with that spanish thing over the e), pronounced ha-peh is an amazonian snuff. it's quite interesting. Give it a quick google and there is loads of into. I have been looking around today and I think I will be ordering some soon.

The skydiving dream was my 2nd life dream. And it became more of a suicidal dream if that makes sense when it became about wanting to BASE jump and Wingsuit BASE. Perhaps one day... but it's at least $10-$20k away and I'm tired of focusing on money.

My first dream was awakened when I first took MDMA and psychedelics. I felt an immediate affinity to these type of things. I wanted to learn from people who know more than me. I wanted to learn to help people, while helping myself. Perhaps this is the goal I should concentrate on! If you are interested in trying rapeh I PM me and I'll email you some links or whatnot. It's perfectly legal though, just have to be careful that it is sourced properly and the natives are not taken advantage of. Or some dodgy company is selling rubbish. (when did i turn british?)

@yepyepwoah:

Couple questions:

1) So, I know there's more reasons to do this other than to just get high, but would you say you ever really felt high during the sessions? Like that opioid feeling people describe? Or if not, would you say that the energy you have the days afterwards is really the high? Is it both of them?

2) Why do they need to give you the Sananga drops? Why are they really necessary for the Kambo to work? Is it just traditional?

3) So, it sounds to me like for you the end result was less getting high, and more that it gave you energy in the days afterwards to care more about your life huh?

I'd like to BOTH experience a high AND have it have a lasting effect on my life, but if one or the other I'd rather it just help with life.

Let us know if you still feel that positive energy in a few weeks, cause I'm wondering if it wears off eventually.

I'd hope for your sake it doesn't.

@yepyepwoah:

Couple questions:

1) So, I know there's more reasons to do this other than to just get high, but would you say you ever really felt high during the sessions? Like that opioid feeling people describe? Or if not, would you say that the energy you have the days afterwards is really the high? Is it both of them?

2) Why do they need to give you the Sananga drops? Why are they really necessary for the Kambo to work? Is it just traditional?

3) So, it sounds to me like for you the end result was less getting high, and more that it gave you energy in the days afterwards to care more about your life huh?

I'd like to BOTH experience a high AND have it have a lasting effect on my life, but if one or the other I'd rather it just help with life.

Let us know if you still feel that positive energy in a few weeks, cause I'm wondering if it wears off eventually.

I'd hope for your sake it doesn't.

Mycophile, I will answer to the best of my abilities, okay?

1) The closest I felt to a "high" was at the tail end of the Sananga. Which is weird because it burned so terrilby, but in a way brought about a pleasent headspace and relaxation. Perhaps also the rapeh. It cleared my head and made me feel grounded. Gave me a bit of energy to get through the day. The energy I have now... I didnt get until I got home. I had an 8 hour greyhound ride that sober/just kambo session me was not a fan of. I got home, took about 3 dabs in about 30 minutes, and felt amazing. it wasn't just the weed (i've smoked daily for so many years three day T break wouldn't make me feel that good). I just watched a little TV relaxing, letting the trip sink in. Giggled at the dumbest things. Had a really strange desire to order some DPT and Ketamine and trip like a MF, but I don't think I will be doing that.

As far as today. The "high" was me waking up, getting out of bed and being productive. WHen you have been so low that simple things like that are monumental chores, clarity of mind, focus, and a desire to better yourself are the best high I could think of.

I thought the opiods in Kambo were known more for their pain killing, but no high producing affect. Maybe email a few differnt practioners for their opinions. I personally never felt any opiod ish feeling. In fact I felt kind of sickish the whole time. How much of that was Kratom/alcohol/no disso withdrawal coupled with boredom anxiety and etc I dunno. It really felt more fluish/die off style though.

2) I am not quite sure. I know they don't force the drops on you, I don't believe. I know my practioner explained what they were and asked if I would like to partake. I do not believe you would be refused Kambo for not wanting to use Sananga. In fact, based on availabiity at the time you might not even have the option.

I think they are more of an aide to sink into the proper headspace to let the Kambo do the work it needs to do. Again, this one is something research and talking to many practioners could answer better than I can. All I know, is I felt more relaxed and prepared for the Kambo ceremony after the Sananga drops than I would have without. The guy who did the ceremony said he could tell I was more relaxed with the drops and breathing into the process or some such by the third day. I felt the same opinion.

All I know, is as initially painful as they are, so many people wouldn't use them for milenia if the vast majority of claims to their benefit were not true. That would be assinine and illogical.

I have also read, that using the drops pre Psychedelic trip, can vastly increase the inner headspace one can reach. That I am quite curious about. Perhaps all in due time.
d
3) I can't even say "days" afterward.I can say day. I had my last 7 dots of Kambo yesterday morning. All I know is today, I didn't fight waking up as much, and got up and did something beneficial (yoga asana) that I stopped doing over a year ago. To me, that was worth the whole trip if it sticks and I keep doing it. I cleaned the house, did yard work, other things, when normally I would lay in bed watching BASE jumping videos, sniffing o pce, taking Kratom, smoking weed, probably drinking, for 3-4hrs before I'd get up and do anything useful, if I ever did. The whole time laying their feeling so low every other thought was about death. That was a little over a week ago.
Just the thought of something possibly being able to better me made last week better. Even w/ding from Kratom (20gs a day) I stil felt more positive because I was finally TRYING to live instead of just trying not to die.

I know there is definatly something different. Maybe a lot of things different. Maybe a bit of energy, maybe a bit of more positive thinking, a bit more clear head, more of a drive to lose the negative things in my life. I dunno how to explain it. It's not like a punch in the face, but I KNOW it's their.

Does it last forever? No. I asked and he said most people that enjoy/benefit from the results do a treatment every month or two. IMO that is still way better than how I am living my life now. You migh not neceseralliy want /need 3 days. Maybe one will do. Or three days one, then 1 2 months later. Who knows, we are all different. I asked him how often he takes it personally. He said orginally about once a month, but now just whenever he feels the need. I'd rather be a beautiful nice person doing Kambo every 2 months than who I am now. It would even be cheaper substance wise. lol.

Say your issue is you don't want to pay every month or so. Awesome, you don't have to. You could be kinda stupid and buy the stuff yourself and maybe burn too deep and get "frog sickness" (or some shit) like the natives say, or fuck yourself up like some of the reports I've read online. Something something lymphatic system which is why the burns are primarily superfical top layer of skin something something.
If you did get benefit, and wanted to do it yourself, the qualifications for training by the IAKP aren't unreachable (a few sessons and assisting with a few, maybe more I dunno). The fee is not near as exhorbitant as you'd think (people spend more on one off AYA trips to Peru), and the training is two weeks I believe.

Now you could stick to doing it for yourself or friends. Or help others in need. Perhaps even make enough to live simply without having to have a "boss" (oh how glorious that would be). Who knows ya know?

Hopefully I answered some of your questions

^^^^

Thanks.

That's great you are getting benefit from it, and I know what you mean about not wanting to do anything as I get like that a lot.

I don't think at the moment I'm in as bad a space as you sounded before but I'm often wanting something to motivate me to do something more with my life and I always really want to have experiences that will make me feel worthwhile and alive and this sounds like one of those.

I often get the kind of energy to do things you are talking about from Kratom, but then again not if I do enough to get WD, but this sounds like something maybe a bit different from the Kratom energy.

I totally agree, I'd rather feel happy and motivated and wanting to live life and get out of bed even if it meant being totally sober.

Maybe that's why Kratom is my favorite drug as I find it to be the least intoxicating and I can go around and do anything on it, but I never let myself dose more than 3 days a week or I get Withdrawal and then I won't do shit.

But it would be nice to have an even stronger experience, and it sounds like this was.

I will probably do it eventually.

I definitely want to.

Glad I could help mycoohile! You really should give it a shot. I'd recommend 3 days, cuz if I woulda only done one day I'd have a whole different attitude.

I allready ordered some of the rapeh and will most likely order some Sananga as well. Something Intrigues me about them. The Kambo itself I will leave to people who know what they are doing. Until perhaps one day I am that person.

Mycophile: sananga is optional with my kambo practitioner, she gives the choice at the end of the session.

yepyepwoah: I enjoyed reading about your experience with kambo.

I'm nervous, I have 2 days of kambo booked next week, we'll do 2 or 3 sessions depending how it goes.

trogere: thanks, Hopefully my experience might encourage others who are curious to partake as well. My

Conversely, my practitioner starterd the ceremony with sananga, then kambo, close with rape. Dif' strokes...

Don't be nervous! You've allready done it once so you know exactly what will happen. An hour or two of ceremony and some discomfort and you will be left feeling better. Otherwise why would you be doing it again?

I am on day three of getting out of bed and doing yoga and trying to be positive. My job is kinda killing me though. I work at a bar for fucks sake. Am constantly being offered full drinks idiots order then never touch (which was awesome a week ago when I was drinking a pint to a fifth a day), new manager is a piece of shit and has no respect for me. I am supposed to start another job next week, bit lower pay, but if it's less of a stressful shithole I will be happier.

I have some rapeh arriving next week. Good cuz my o pce is about done, and I'd prefer to not get anymore. I have real faith that rapeh can help my life. I am gonna order some of the Sananga drops tommorrow as well. After reading more about them, and contemplating my experience, I can see, that if used properly, they will benefit my life as well. woooo

Close with rape...that has to be the most hilarious typo I've ever seen here =D

Presumably the rapeh (still sounds wrong, SO wrong) is the tobacco snuff? what is in the eye-drops? I'm curious enough to try this, although I'd have to go out somewhere off the beaten track and have a friend ready to help out with applying it, inflicting the burns etc. I'm somewhat iffy about anything in my eyes though, after a nasty accident that occured as a result of a pig raid on my place and a label being removed from a container. Tried to wash out what was thought to be NaOH, only most of it wasn't, most of it was Li amide and tBuOK, and a load of ammonium salt waste, plus some NaOH. Intended to be disposed of from a long way off, only it wasn't NaOH, you can imagine what happened when that container was filled with water, capped and shaken,,,,

Was wearing goggles, saw the inevitable coming, managed to run like hell to the back door and throw the thing as far as way as possible, but it went off with a bang, melting/bursting through the bottle cap, whilst at just the wrong point, pointing up and blasting the goggles up off my eyes, the rest of it going in my left eye and all over my face, head and upper torso. Scorched the cornea off my eye, and although that has healed, it has still left me really photosensitive in that eye (I was already, I'm generally nocturnal, partly because of that, and partly a sensory thing, being autie, one of the few downsides to it, but that eye REALLY doesn't like the light. I only come out at night if at all possible.

So anything making me more photosensitive, that is the last thing I'd want.

As far as the sickening nature of sapo/kambo wouldn't it be possible to avoid the GI effects by using a tachykinin receptor antagonist? anyone know which subtypes of the NK receptors the NK agonists in sapo target?

Don't be nervous! You've allready done it once so you know exactly what will happen. An hour or two of ceremony and some discomfort and you will be left feeling better. Otherwise why would you be doing it again?

I have the same kind of nervousness before taking psychedelics. I think it's an inconscious reaction of the ego/soul, knowing it is about to get shaken.

I have the same kind of nervousness before taking psychedelics. I think it's an inconscious reaction of the ego/soul, knowing it is about to get shaken.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the same. I haven't taken a psychedelic in over a year, and I'd be scared as shit to take one right now. Well, more nervous, and keen on properly preparing my mind.

Good luck, I am excited for my rapeh to arrive this week and the sananga later. I allready would like to do another 3 day's of Kambo in a month or two. I feel the benefits, and am trying to make positive life changes, but it is definatly not a "do it once and you're good for life" thing. I'm just glad I feel more positive again.

Close with rape...that has to be the most hilarious typo I've ever seen here =D

Presumably the rapeh (still sounds wrong, SO wrong) is the tobacco snuff? what is in the eye-drops? I'm curious enough to try this, although I'd have to go out somewhere off the beaten track and have a friend ready to help out with applying it, inflicting the burns etc. I'm somewhat iffy about anything in my eyes though, after a nasty accident that occured as a result of a pig raid on my place and a label being removed from a container. Tried to wash out what was thought to be NaOH, only most of it wasn't, most of it was Li amide and tBuOK, and a load of ammonium salt waste, plus some NaOH. Intended to be disposed of from a long way off, only it wasn't NaOH, you can imagine what happened when that container was filled with water, capped and shaken,,,,

Was wearing goggles, saw the inevitable coming, managed to run like hell to the back door and throw the thing as far as way as possible, but it went off with a bang, melting/bursting through the bottle cap, whilst at just the wrong point, pointing up and blasting the goggles up off my eyes, the rest of it going in my left eye and all over my face, head and upper torso. Scorched the cornea off my eye, and although that has healed, it has still left me really photosensitive in that eye (I was already, I'm generally nocturnal, partly because of that, and partly a sensory thing, being autie, one of the few downsides to it, but that eye REALLY doesn't like the light. I only come out at night if at all possible.

So anything making me more photosensitive, that is the last thing I'd want.

As far as the sickening nature of sapo/kambo wouldn't it be possible to avoid the GI effects by using a tachykinin receptor antagonist? anyone know which subtypes of the NK receptors the NK agonists in sapo target?

That sounds like a horrific incident Limpet, especially if it was due to nanny state/police bullshit. FUCK THEM. I've been Swatted, that shit sucks and is mentally scarring. Haven't ever had a bunch of chems explode on me though, fuck :-(

I am expectant that perhaps the Sananga eyedrops could actually help heal your eyes. I am quite the novice and have no real clue what I am talking about. You would be much better off contacting someone certified by the IAKP (there was another one I reada bout yesterday. It's a 3 word society I forget the name of), and working with/asking them questions. Have you checked their site? They might have someone in your area. I honestly only feel comfortable working with the Sananga and Rapeh myself, after having them administered to me by someone that is trained. (i mean it's just drops and snuff blown in the nose, but then again it's not...). I really wouldn't want to apply the actual Kambo myself just because of the fear of burning too deep and causing irrepreable harm.

As far as avoiding the "sickening nature" of Kambo I belive there are many scientific teams around the world working various patents based off Kambo. All that is over my head. For me, I will stick with what has worked for people for millenia and just not fuck with it, ya know?

Sorry I don't know how to make that fuckin little mark over the (e) in rap(e') or whatever. It's prounced ha-peh I believe and I've seen it spelled rape, rape', hapeh, rapeh, etc. Get your mind outta the gutter ;-)

From my limited understanding, each batch of rapeh and sananga is different. You basically never get the exact mix twice. Each tribe has their own way of making it, adding things in, leaving things out. It is important to find reputable suppliers who have fresh, sustainable, fair trade sourced product from the tribes. I've read things that purport Sananga has some of the same alkaloids as Iboga, hence the spiritually cleansing nature of it, and why it is used before AYA ceremonies and such to induce different/deeper visions. The drops need to be refridgerated and are good for 3-12 months (seen differeing opinions). The rapeh, I am not sure of it's "shelf life"

\well you can see the humor potential for something that is written so like 'rape' :p And anything in my eyes, its just one of those things that shouldn't be, you really don't want your cornea roasted off with a slop of searing hot alkoxide, alkali metal hydroxides, ammonia and everything else caustic and corrosive, alkali metal amides, etc. that really oughtn't to be in someone's face.

So I got some rapeh today.

To give an example of its effects, I'll go through my day.

Wake up around 6am ish, can't go back to sleep. Fuck. Dose like 2mg etiz and take a dab and lay back down. Finally get up around 8am b/c sleep isn't happening. Smoke more, mope around (but am excited b/c tracking shows package at my post office)

Sniff a tiny amount of o pce, go out and replace a tube on my bike tire and some other shit. Ride to the store by some clear plastic tubing for rapeh administration.

Get home, get rapeh. Still like "bleh, I should do yoga, I really just want to sit down and not do shit though". Go outside, take what I think will be the most mild of the rapeh. It didn't hurt, no bullet to the head feeling. I'm like, hrm, I bet i just need more. Lol.. take about 2x the dose again in each nostril. It was minty and clean. Almost feminish .Lay down to try and meditate.

Within 30 seconds my body is like "yo, get the fuck UP and do SOMETHING". I start some yoga asanas with no hesitation, which even at my best usually never happens.

Finish a bit later. Still feeling a nice clean energy. A desire to do SOMETHING productive. Plants look a bit nicer (perhaps placebo, or just me taking the time to appreciate), I enjoy being outside.

Smoke a bit and it kinda brings the energy level down a bit. Eat some. Figure I'll try another type of rapeh. So that one hit like a train. Eyes start watering. Definatly used a much smaller amount. More macho feeling. More earthy smell. I'm like FUCK I REALLY need to do something right now.

I'm hearing thunder but I really wanna ride my bike like 10 miles atleast. Say fuck it and get ready, it's black as fuck comming my way. Go back inside, sit down, say fuck it again I'm going anyway. Just then a nasty clap of thunder hit right over my house.

So here I am wanting to do something physical and it's kinda an awesome feeling.

I finally done 2 sessions of kambo. 4 dots on the first and 6 on the second. It was intense. I was exhausted after my first and I lost consciousness for a few seconds in the last session. Usually, I do some sananga right after the kambo, but on the second day, I felt it was enough with the kambo. So, I waited several hours before doing the sananga. And, wow it was powerfull, I was feeling the energy in my legs and my body. I tried some rape after, it calmed me down and I had some visions while falling asleep. I remember seeing a flying saucer and some grey aliens. It was in total calm, without fear. I felt awesome the morning after.

I totally stopped cafeine and slowed a lot on raffined sugar. There's so much more calm in me now. I feel at my place and I even enjoy being at work.

Wow! I had been burned by psychoactives substances in the past. Kambo is not easy but it was totally worth it. :)

I am glad to hear your update. For me, after about the one week mark, I started noticing positive affects going away day by day. At like two weeks I'm feelin pretty shitty. I mean, I'm still not taking Kratom, O pce, or alcohol everyday like I was, but each day the desire to do them again gets stronger.

I've changed some life habits, but it's like I'm just getting sucked back down to shitty. I dunno. I allready want to do it again. The guy I did it with said he could teach me to self administer, but would want me to have six sessions first. It seems safer just waiting, but I'm so broke, and depressed again to the point I don't care about trying to get more $$$$. It's kinda fucked. I felt so fucking good for a little while, I can't go back to feeling like shit anymore I'm so tired of it.

What exactly is the "rapeh"? Did you say that was some kind of snuff?

And you guys seem to be talking as if the rapeh and Sananga actually have mind altering effects that you enjoy.

Is this the case?

I thought that the Kambo sticks themselves were pretty much the only thing that actually brought on an altered state of consciousness and that the rapeh and sananga were just parts of the ceremony but a few of you are talking about really looking forward to using them and enjoying them.

I can't say I use it exactly as prescribed, but I try to. Probably about 3-4 times a day. Clear plastic tubing from the hardware shop works great for self administering. I was still feeling no energy after Kambo so I was still using o pce a few times a day in low amounts intranasallly. I ordered 3 different rapeh's and since the day I've got them I have not had any o pce, used my vape at all. I mean, most of them contain a fair amount of tobacco, but I have no desire to even touch it really. I used to sit and vape like 5ml a day easy. Uhh, I dunno about the spirituality/plant teacher aspect, but for me, it makes me feel less shitty and gives me energy to do things. The 3 dif ones definatly have different effects. One is super Minty and smooth, the others, even in smaller amounts stings like a bitch and makes my eyes tear up sometimes for a few seconds.

The Sananga... i'm curious to see if I enjoy any eye benefits. I wear glasses, and after my original Kambo sessions (that involved Sananga 3 times) I swear I could see some things better without my glasses, and my night vision seemed a bit improved. Also, even though it's super intense and painful for 3-10 minutes, it turns into a peaceful, focused feeling. Like it scares the shit out of me, but I've used it the past 5 days out of 7, just because I feel a bit of a lift and focus in my mood. Enough for me to turn on some music, get some tissue (cuz, for me, it cleans out my sinus like crazy)and enjoy the ride.

I read something about Shamans saying the more it burns the weaker spiritually and whatnot a person is and it can turn into something that is pleasant and not painful. I read a lot of things though. I figure whole tribes of people wouldn't be putting Sananga in their eyes if there wasn't something to it, because it's not exactly "fun", but then again, it kinda is!

Also, my next Kambo session turned into 3 more days, this time the person is gonna teach me to self administer it on the condition that it's only for me and not others. I'm cool with that. I'm just like, this made me feel so much better, I have to be in control when and where I get to use it because... it just feels right. They say the more you use Kambo, the more you come to realize it has a spirit to it, that is as powerful an ally as any plant teacher or what not. I kinda allready felt that before I even read it, it's hard to explain but yah. I dunno. I'm just stoked to see how the next bit of my life goes. I fully believe that Kambo can get rid of all the negative bullshit fucking my head and life up, and have me end up in a better place. If not, can't say I didn't fucking try, and it's better than buying a bunch of nembutal and saying fuck it.

I'm lazy so I copy and pasted from one of the first websites I found. I would list it, but it would def. be sourcing.

"Rap? is legal sacred ​shamanic snuff medicine, which is pronounced ?ha-peh? in English. Also, it?s known to be casually referred to as ?hape?, ?hapi? or ?rapay? by some Western people.

They are very rare, sacred, powerful, precious, profoundly healing and cleansing miracle medicines. They are made in a very sacred and labour intensive process, and consist of various Amazonian medicinal plants, trees, leaves, seeds, and other sacred ingredients. Some types of rap? are made by various indigenous tribes, who originate from different South American countries ? primarily Brazil and Peru.

Traditionally, they are applied by using a pipe made from bamboo or bone, which is blown through each nostril on both sides. They can be self-administered using a V-shaped self-applicator pipe, which connects the mouth to the nostrils. Alternatively, the can be administered by another person using a blow pipe, which connects the blower?s mouth to the other person?s nostrils. The self-applicator pipe is known as ?Kuripe?, and the blow pipe is know as a ?Tepi? in the Brazilian tradition.

General suggestion is to use a pea sized amount (50% for each nostril) of medicine for beginners, and dosage can be increased after prolonged use of a specific rap?. Also, it?s suggested that you use them within a quiet sacred space without any interruptions (optional sacred music playing) ? sitting upright, either cross-legged or in a chair with eyes closed after application. Also, suggested slow breathing after application through the mouth/nose is very important. The use and application of our products is solely at the customer?s responsibility.

Generally, they have the following effects ? profoundly helps to re-align and open all your chakras, improves your grounding, releases any sickness on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels, opens-up the third eye, de-calcifies the pineal gland, clears any mental confusion, releases any negative thoughts, removes any entities, connects you to your divine breath, and elevates your connection with Spirit.

Please note that you may experience purging, vomiting, bowel movements and excess saliva, which is normal ? where stuck energy, toxins and sickness are being released from your energetic and physical bodies. You may need a bucket, toilet tissue and drinking water close to hand.

Each different type of rap? has different vibrations, notes, qualities, subtleties, and very different effects on the energetic field. Furthermore, after you develop a deeper relationship with each rap? ? ​they are powerful Plant teacher spirits, where you can ask any questions or hold specific intentions for each sacred session.

Traditionally, during Yawanawa, Kaxinawa-Huni Kuin and Katukina (Brazilian Indigenous tribes) ceremonies, they normally use Rap? and Sananga eye medicine during Ayahuasca (aka- Uni or Nixi pae) ceremonies to help with purging, releasing sickness, moving any stuck energies, opening-up the visions and for clear sight.

Storage: they need to be stored in airtight containers, such as plastic containers or jars with lids. Please keep away from wet, damp and humid conditions, and away from direct sunlight.

"Is it important to have a specific intention or question when using rap??

Yes, it can be very useful to hold a specific intention, or asking a specific question during each rap? session. They are very powerful teacher plant spirits. Thus, as you develop a relationship and connection with each one, then they will cleanse, heal, teach and guide you personally.

They are very sacred, precious and rare medicines, which should always be treated with respect, love, gratitude, and used within a sacred ceremonial space."

This next one comes from https://psychedelictimes.com/sananga/
"

For traditional Amazonian tribespeople, sananga is a powerful eye medicine used to sharpen night vision. For modern seekers of spiritual healing, however, sananga does more than help with hunting. Often used as a precursor to ayahuasca ceremonies by the Kaxinawa and Mats?s tribes of Brazil, these powerful eye drops have a healing power that?s more energetic than physical, and that has the capacity to increase spiritual insight in the minds of those who use it. Sananga is potent medicine, and while you can administer sananga for yourself without undergoing a guided ceremony, it?s important to find a reputable source and to educate yourself on its proper usage beforehand.
Benefits of Sananga

Sananga is still used by many tribes in the heart of the Amazon, but its benefits are reaching the rest of the world as these tribes open up ceremonies to outsiders and train those who are interested in the administration of the eye drops. Used either in conjunction with ayahuasca or as a stand-alone treatment, sananga shows powerful potential to treat a spectrum of physical and psychospiritual illnesses:

Treats and prevents ocular diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, farsightedness, nearsightedness, astigmatism, and blindness
Detoxifies the body
Increases visual perception and enhances colors
Clears long-standing inner anger
Used in conjunction, helps with mental disorders such as addiction, depression, and anxiety
Resets energetic field
Treats spiritual diseases (?panema?) caused by negative energies in the body. These spiritual diseases can accumulate in a person?s energetic body and make a person depressed and anxious.

Administering Sananga

The human eye is a particularly sensitive organ, which means a sananga ceremony can be painful. These sacred, shamanic eye drops cause an intense burning that usually lasts a few minutes, but experienced practitioners say this pain is an important part of the healing process. Shamans advise you breathe deeply into the intensity to gain the most from its benefits?it is by leaning into the pain that you can cleanse not only your eyes but your mind and spirit as well. Once the pain leaves and the sananga is no longer in your body, you?re left with a feeling of immense relaxation. Because of its cleansing properties, sanaga is often used in preparation for an ayahuasca ceremony.
Proper Conditions for Use

Sananga can be used alone or in conjunction with ayahuasca or kambo. If you?re interested in experiencing the healing power of sananga, you can administer the eye drops yourself, but it?s important to find a reputable source and to educate yourself before use. If you want to learn more about the proper set and setting for your personal sananga ceremony at home, we can help guide you through proper set and setting, intention, and integration. Contact us for more information about finding a reputable sananga source or to learn more about setting up a sananga ceremony for yourself."

There's also this

"sananga is also thought to share some of the same alkaloids with another famous visionary medicine?the African shrub iboga. The implications of such a relationship, while still tenuous, would explain a lot about how sananga enhances visionary experiences."

and before anyone ask "why not eat it" Sananga is purported to be deadly when consumed orally in even quite small amounts.

Last edited:
What exactly is the "rapeh"? Did you say that was some kind of snuff?

And you guys seem to be talking as if the rapeh and Sananga actually have mind altering effects that you enjoy.

Is this the case?

I thought that the Kambo sticks themselves were pretty much the only thing that actually brought on an altered state of consciousness and that the rapeh and sananga were just parts of the ceremony but a few of you are talking about really looking forward to using them and enjoying them.

Rapeh is a mix of herbs that is pushed in the nostrils with a special pipe.

It is easy to take the effects of the sananga/rapeh for those of kambo if you take them all in the same session. But they have their own effects. They are subtle, you have to focus and be open to what you feel.

Various rapeh have various effects. Some are stimulating, some are calming, some are visionary. I took rapeh one time, the blend I took was calming and with subtle visions.

yepyepwoah: I don't know where you found that sananga is deadly orally. Just look at this website: https://www.naturalether.com/product/snuff-n-stuff/sananga-eye-drops/
Remember Sananga is only 100% effective within 2 months, but can continue to be used for up to 6 months if well refrigerated. Amazonian Indians from the Ticuna tribe mix the latex from a closely related species, Tabernaemontana sananho, with water in order to treat eye wounds. In addition to be applied to the eyes as the Matis and Ticuna tribes do, it is most commonly taken orally by the Mats?s.

I'm not sure, but I swear I read it somewhere. Mayyyyybe it was something else but i'm 99% sure it was this. I read a lot of stuff and it gets all mushed together. Find me somewhere else that talks about taking it orally, I bet you can't ;-)