Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Interesting report by a former meth user

lynnie

Bluelighter
Up until this event I was a coke addict. My usual dealer wasn't answering his phone so I called a new guy who said was out of cocaine and offered me and my 'girlfriend' some crystal meth. Of course we we're simply dying to get high and although I thought about it and was somewhat uncomfortable with trying something new I agreed when he told us he'd give us the first gram for free and even told us how much to use (according to how much cocaine we normally would sniff over 2-3 days, to cut it down by 75% because he said this stuff was much stronger) Well. We didn't listen, about 2 hrs after he gave us the first gram we called for more, this stuff was intense!!

I felt great, kinda like I did when I did lines of cocaine but sooo much better, I didn't get my usual restless feeling where I couldn't stand a song for more than 30 sec or the paranoid feeling where I thought every car behind me was a cop car. (I had been doing coke much too long and too often and my good buzzes we're long gone) I felt absolutely amazing, full of energy, happy, every song on the radio was my favorite and my girlfriend and I just wanted to drive around talking and laughing, bouncing around to our 'favorite' song. And when cocaine would usually entrape us in my car for 3 days in a row without wanting to face anyone, we already knew this drug was a party drug and actually wanted to stop people on the street to talk or go for a drive with us. THIS stuff was good, so we got 3 more grams (despite the dealer telling us that was WAY too much for 2 people) and called it the start of a weekend!

I was really high on this stuff and don't remember too much but I do remember going back to my 'old' appartment which I had moved out of that same month and only had 2 weeks left there so the eletricty was cut off and there was no furniture left but in order to escape my live-in boyfriend and his questions, we settled in with candles and a mini portable radio

We called around and invited 2 guys over to party for the first night, drove around all day and night the following day (just the 2 of us), we didn't leave the car much, we we're just so damn happy and in the moment. We finally decided to go back to my appartment when my eyes we're bugging out on me and I couldn't see the street lights and stuff properly (stupid I know)

That night (2nd night)I started feeling paranoid, I spent all night looking out the window thinking every car or footstep was someone after us, I then start feeling anxious and had some difficulty breathing but nevertheless we kept going. By morning I was completely stoned, beyond recognition. We retired to the floor, laying there talking when I noticed my breathing was getting crazy, I couldn't take deep breaths. My shoulders started to throb and my arms felt numb but I didn't want to freak my girlfriend out so instead of saying anything I asked her to go for a walk with me, the entire time I had shooting pains in my arms and shoulders, my lungs hurt every time I took a breath and my throat felt like it was closing in on me. I was freaked out!

I confessed to her that I wasn't feeling right and needed to go home. We drove back to my my place and I told my bf about what I did and how I felt. He told me to have a shower and lay down so I did. The entire time my body was feeling really odd, everything felt numb and tingly and I couldn't explain it but I thought something was seriously wrong!

When I was in the shower I noticed that my knees we're looking a bit blue but since my vision was so altered I ignored it. BIG mistake!

My bf helped me into bed and I laid there alone for about 5 min while he talked to my girlfriend about how much I did etc because at this point I was convinced I was overdosing. While I was laying there I got a sharp pain from the tip of my middle finger up to my elbow in my right arm...It was the strangest feeling ever. I was crying and scared so I called my bf to the room, by then, my arm was turning white and tingled, my fingers we're wrinkly and also very white so I told him I needed to go to the hospital.

On the way there my arms and legs got REALLY numb, I kept trying to shake it off to get my circulation going but it wouldn't work, about 5 min into the drive my hand turned blue, it was the freakiest thing I ever saw and it only lasted about 30 sec but my bf also saw it and started to panick. I told him I was dying, that I knew it and I was sorry, I started telling him my final wishes as both my arms and hands we're now completely blue...This was it I was dying!

So many things crossed through my mind, not only was I high as a friggin kite but I was gonna die before I made it to the hospital. All I remember after that was everyone yelling in the emergency room, yelling at the nurse to hurry up, that I was overdosing and needed immediate help, everyone was looking at me funny and someone asked me what was happening to me, I told him I had no circulation in my body anymore, I was crying.

They immediately stripped me down and put heating blankets all over me because my body was freezing, I was hooked up to a bunch of monitors and had about 10 nurses and doctors around me. I remember at one point there we're 3 doctors discussing my situation and one of them called another hospital, he was saying he had never seen anything like this and asked what he should us as as a poison control or something like that then I heard him say, 'you think she needs a bipass??' and hung up and left the room with the other doctors. They returned what felt like hours later to say that they had to give me something (can't remember what or why) and would wait to see if it worked before attempting to open me up.

I was convinced I was dying, all I could hear was monitors and people talking loudly. I kept asking the nurse if I was gonna die and she had tears in her eyes, all she would say is 'I don't know' She looked at my heartbeat on the screen and rushed to talked to a doctor, I was told my heart beat was very irregular and my blood pressure was not looking too good (I can't remember the exact words to anything but my bf told me some stuff later too)

My entire body was still blue and freezing and no matter how many blankets or heat they applied, it wasn't working. I was told my system was shutting down but my heart was still beating, what that means I still don't know. A doctor told me I could lose my limbs, all of them, if my circulation didn't start back up.

I spent the next few hours (minutes!?) praying, praying to be given another chance and that I would never touch drugs again.

I was given something to make me pass out 'relax me' and was wheeled into intensive care, all I remember after this was having my blood taken once because it hurt like hell, I later found a bruise the size of my arm there.

I was in intensive care for 3 days, highly drugged up with my bf at my side every single waking moment. He later confessed to me that he didn't think I would make it, after all, the doctors told him it wasn't looking too good, I can't imagine what he had to go through because of me.

I still don't know for sure what happened to me because when I was released I was still drugged up and couldn't ask questions and I don't remember any of the doctors that took care of me, I choose to forget it all, it has been 1 yr and a few days since this episode and I am now engaged to my bf and have a newborn baby, needless to say I never touched drugs after this event and don't plan on it.

Was posted on erowid

Has anyone in bluelight ever experience anything simular to that?.

Jesus Christ! thast sounds fuckin awful, glad your still here.

Havent tried meth, and the more i read the less i want to.

Though I sometimes think that I'll continue to rattle coke like a total fiend until something bad happens to me that is irreversible. Daft eh!?

Thats a fuckload for some one to use who has never done it before, I'm not surprised something went wrong.

It's reports like these that make me angry that basic dosage levels of drugs aren't easily available to those using them. That said, the users in this report also showed no restraint or responsibility in their usage of the substance. Bad things can happen when you take huge amounts of a drug you've never tried? I'd have never guessed 8)

Yeah, experienced something similar, not quite as bad though. It was the last time I used crystal (and hopefully the last time ever :))

I'm still really embarrassed about it, to be honest, since I of all people should know better. Just goes to show nobody is without fault.

people who dont want to take some kind of responsibility in there dosing deserve all the trouble they get

Hospital is for people who made a mistake not for idiots who dont think

^It is possible to make a mistake with your dosage you know, specifically if you're injecting and you're not 100% on quality or what ever.

That post is fair ignorant; What about the skateborder who breaks his arm? ect..

Using your logic, hospitals should only treat people who didnt cause the harm to themselves, so if you accidently inflict some sort of serious injury to yourself, you deserve all the shit that comes to you and dont deserve to be treated.

Also there isn't much difference between making a mistake and not thinking. Sorry not trying to hyjak this thread.

that sounds like a really horrible experience, and i really feel for you...

i hope you stick to your decision bout quitting for ever..

also as others said, your usage was very irresponsible, and obviously its too late for you to heed this warning- but hopefully just one person read your post and has since learnt the importance of responsible drug use

I have used meth for years and never had anything like that happen. Because I didn't ignore the people who knew, when they told me what was too much back when i started out. Fucking oath 3grams is too much ...

Thats like skulling a bottle of vodka and then trying to say how bad vodka is because it nearly killed you.

Edit- Removed unnecessary content. lil angel15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slateroz said:
I have used meth for years and never had anything like that happen. Because I didn't ignore the people who knew, when they told me what was too much back when i started out. Fucking oath 3grams is too much

Edit- Removed unnecessary content. lil angel15.

Thats like skulling a bottle of vodka and then trying to say how bad vodka is because it nearly killed you.

Button on the money, end of the day, if you are going to do these sorts of drugs, like EVERYTHING else in life. Baby steps... Baby steps...

Or youll fall over and die.

Last edited by a moderator:
lynnie said:

sort of I had to go to hosipial once after a 3 day bing on meth cause my whole body went numb and all my fingers and toes were clenched into a fist and i could not open them up. when I went to hospial the doctor said i was breathing too fast and and the Carbon dioxide level in my body was too low so all they did was put a plastic bag over my face and told me to brath in and out of the bag. Within 2 minutes all symtops went away

thats an insane story. when I first started to IV ice I never really had any really good shards. One day I bought a halfweights of some wicked white shards and rocks. I danged up 2.5 points then the other 2.5 1 hour later. This shit was awesome. 8 hours later at 5am I was laying on the couch when my face started burning, it felt like I was on fire. I was still reving balls, I decided to jump in the shower to cool down, it felt like I was burning up. In the cold water it felt like my organs were shutting down, my liver ached then felt numb, my breathing went very shallow and I laboured to breath in air. I couldn't move my arms and they were stuck up near my chest. All of a sudden I went very cold and I thought fuck this is it. My only thought at the time was to get out and get dressed so they wouldn't find a naked corpse. I got dressed and staggered out to the front lawn with the phone and called a mate who was experienced with ice, he just laughed and said I was having a harsh comedown and came over. I remember laying up against the brick letterbox as joggers went past staring at my pale lifeless face. I closed my eyes and it was the most amazing feeling of being at peace. I heard birds chirping and felt the warmth of the sun on my face. Mate came and put me to bed with some water where I crashed hard. Woke up later feeling drained but ok. Not a nice experience.

I tried ice last night for the first time. I'm making it my last time. Easy to see why it could become addictive.

lynnie said:
Was posted on erowid

The American in the story made a judgment call to ignore her dealer's warning and made an error in not knowing more about the drug she was using. I read this story quite a few years ago and perhaps at the time, meth was not as well known as a such a strong drug as it is now.

Whilst meth is a strong drug and has a justifiable reputation for it's ill effects, I feel in this case the person and her partner in the story, brought a lot of this on themselves by ignoring warnings.

Hence my comparison to the drinking of an entire bottle of vodka in one sitting and complaining that Vodka is a "bad drink".

My concern is that the people who have never tried meth before, who do try it, read this and think they have a special tolerance because it didn't happen to them.

I want them to keep in mind, 3 grams is about 15 x the amount I would use in a night, especially in the beginning. Imagine someone telling you a horror story about pills...and they told you they swallowed 30 in a night...is it the pills or is it the gross misuse of the drug? or is it both?

Others may use more or less...either way, the person in the story really went over the top.

Don't ignore warnings about meth simply because your experiences don't mirror this persons.