• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Interested in Trying (Diphenhydramine)

Thank you tpd.... I'm on my phone so it's hard to type a full out explanation, but you definitely drove in the nail I set up for ya

Edit: wait wait wait wtf??? You are seriously suggesting he try to use something like Belladonna? Something that causes 3 day comas? Permanent vision damage? Etc? Those compounds are not safe to dose like that. The compounds responsible for their effect are available through a pharmacy with a prescription, but I left the names out on purpose as they are literally the most dangerous path of the 4 major spirit plant/fungus/cactus.

I suggest going into erowid and reading the trip reports for these compounds if you really want to learn about them. Especially the train wreck reports. If you want to experience them then wait a long time to you're old enough that if you do manage to do permanent damage you won't have to live with it long.

Last edited:
Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine blocker. It is also given to psych patients to help them sleep. Next time you take it, drink an entire bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 or some sizzurp and then smoke some Fuzzies.

Oddly enough, they are actually basically the same drug. Benedril is diphenhydramine (bonded in a hydrochloride salt formulation). Dramamine is also diphenhydramine, but bonded to 8-chlorotheophylline, which whoever put the two together decided to give a different name altogether: dimenhydrinate.

You are one strange dude to be giving advice based on anecdotal evidence without empirical evidence. The most it would do is suppress your hypoxic drive if you have sleep apnea then you should worry. You really need to rethink this.

I clearly stated it's not worth trying. It's dangerous to get the effect you're seeking and that compounds dangerous to do it with. I didn't even want to point out the other drug being named that should not even be attempted to use as it's much more dangerous as well as a few others scripted meds and the plants they come from. It is just not worth it.... You'll likely end up waking up in a hospital with a coma if you use the right compound.

Seriously these compounds are no joke... Their traditions go back to use in witch doctor practice where the only one I was describes didn't even involve ingesting the plant, but just rubbing a paste containing a mixture of plants on the person's forehead and the forehead of two lizards with one having it's eyes sewn shut and the others mouth and the trip is supposed to be experiencing the desert through the eyes of one lizard and the mouth of the other. That should just show you that it's not just an experience one can get into willy nilly. You really need to rethink this.

tacodude's feedback above is very valid and on point though. The fact of the matter is that these kinds of substances really dangerous and cause a lot of people a lot of unintentional harm. It's crucial their use is approached with EXTREME caution. There is no other way to safely deal with deliriants, and frankly the qualifier "safely" doesn't really lend itself to association with deliriants to begin with (as in, in many cases safe deliriant would be an oxymoron).

That said, it is possible to explore such drugs more safely than not. It just requires a lot of preparation and education with material on BL and Erowid. Dosages must be approached extremely conservatively as deliriants are far from a forgiving class of drugs. Taking too much can lead to incredibly harmful situations, so it's all the more important to start low and slow, carefully work your way up to a dose that produces the desired affects.

Then again, most people won't find the effects of deliriants desirable at all. Outside of specifically using them for shamanic purposes, "desired effect" combined with "deliriants" would also be something of a contradiction.

Thank you tpd.... I'm on my phone so it's hard to type a full out explanation, but you definitely drove in the nail I set up for ya

Edit: wait wait wait wtf??? You are seriously suggesting he try to use something like Belladonna? Something that causes 3 day comas? Permanent vision damage? Etc? Those compounds are not safe to dose like that. The compounds responsible for their effect are available through a pharmacy with a prescription, but I left the names out on purpose as they are literally the most dangerous path of the 4 major spirit plant/fungus/cactus.

I suggest going into erowid and reading the trip reports for these compounds if you really want to learn about them. Especially the train wreck reports. If you want to experience them then wait a long time to you're old enough that if you do manage to do permanent damage you won't have to live with it long.

I'm suggesting that, if they want to explore deliriant use, there are more effective substance than DPH. Deliriants, while they can be incredibly dangerous when not used properly, as you point out (I wasn't clear enough about this aspect of their use in retrospect), do have a place in the shamanic arsenal. I've found appropriate doses of datura to be quite useful in terms of my spiritual practices. That said, as you point out, it is difficult to use these kinds of drugs safely or properly.

Extreme caution is advised with all deliriants, especially plant based ones like datura and belladonna.

Erowid would be a must do for anyone interested in exploring these kinds of substances for sure.

I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread, as I'm of two minds when it comes to keeping it open or closing it. I like the idea of having a thread for people to discuss issues with DPH and deliriant use, but I'm not sure how productive such a discussion will end up being considering there is such a small window when it comes to safety using those kind of substances.

We'll see. If you (tacodude) feel like it ever crosses a line RP something or PM us to let us know, but I'll try to keep an eye on it too. It will probably end up getting close eventually anyways, but we'll see...

this may be a bit off topic but i tried 500mg dimenhydrinate (which is dph+something i guess?) along with 2 shots of some herb liqour and 1 beer. it was a very nice buzzy feeling and i felt like it really strongly potentiated the effects of the alcohol, i also had minor hallucinations while smoking a joint such as seeing my cat when it was actually a part of a tree, and seeing my lighter on the table slowly moving and stuff like that. also i could hear sounds very well and had some auditory hallucinations. communicating with my friends who were sober was also difficult, i felt like my mind was clear and i could think straight, however i was not able to talk normally with them - as in i just didnt know what to say.. almost like feeling stupified. i got the feeling that it would almost be better to be in a darker place without too much light while on this substance cause the visual effects were quite fun but light seemed to bother me

i should mention i first popped 250mg and then after 1 hour proceeded to take 50mg every 10-15 minutes..
i realize this isnt what you actually asked about but its just a little insight on what you might expect on lower doses (i read reports on erowid of people taking >1000mg).

Last edited:
Datura seeds are one thing, but Belladonna berries are beyond dangerous. There's a report of a guy that just squeezed some berry juice in his eye on accident and ended up in a psych ward after becoming extremely intoxicated before leaving the park. Datura seeds should just be used micro dosed as an admixture for Ayahuasca, but on their own it's just too dangerous with the wild seeing in quality. Atropine and scopolamine are really the best choices as at least they are standardized micro dosed pills, but still a terrible dangerous idea.

Look up a documentary called Colombians devil's breath. You'll learn why these substances are truly horrible.

Dude dont do it its not fun! I have IVd countless times and eatin up to 50 pills at once stupidly trying to enhance sedation from opiates. Its very disorienting. People will be talking to you one second and disappear the next, not in a 'oh shit thats trippy' way but a 'what is happening to me i dont know whats going on' way. I know you probably think you want that but dude i am almost positive its not what you are expecting by a long shot.