• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Interested in Trying (Diphenhydramine)

arksenu

Bluelighter
Before I start: I am not seeking any euphoric effects from this drug. I am interested in taking this drug to experience what delirium is actually like. I'm curious what is feels like to experience hallucinations which are so vivid you believe them to be true (ex. talking to people not there, going on your phone then realizing you're not holding anything, etc).

I have a lot of experience with psychedelics (lsd mainly, but shrooms too). Though I understand that deliriants are not psychedelics, I assume having experience handling an altered state of consciousness can't hurt.

My plan was to take 500mg of DPH with a trip sitter, but then I decided to bump my first trial dose to 300mg.

Questions:

* Since my first time I'm only planning on doing 300mg, do you think it is VITAL that I have a trip sitter present?

* Does set and setting apply to DPH?

* How will I appear to my friend on 500mg? Will I be able to communicate normally at all?

* Is there anything I can do before hand or during to make the experience as positive as possible?

Who tf knows?? What i will do though is do it with you haha! 300mg down the hatch!

Don't... I just ended up pissed of feeling like my arm was uncomfortable. If you were to try anything the safest would be cannabis at the most. There are other less intensive herbs like kava and skullcap, which can be quite strong especially in those not desensitized by drug usage.

Edit: just re-read your post. Stay away from deleriants unless you can trust someone to literally tell you what to do and hold you down and get you to the hospital if you are a danger to yourself or go jaundice as these compounds can be very toxic.

Dramamine is much more of a deliriant trip. Dph is more of a sedative feeling. Dramamine makes you see spiders and people, dph not so much

I've tried Diphenhydramine - it's sold OTC as a sleeping aid. It can be good for getting to sleep but I can't say I enjoyed it when I took more than the recommended dose. In fact it felt a bit alarming and disconcerting and I didn't enjoy it much. It felt similar to Quetiapine

if you're looking for the deliriant experience, go for Dramamine. Look up the doses on erowid and don't start with a high one. People piss themselves and talk incoherently for hours. very dangerous

I tried a high dose of Dramamine in junior high. It was awful. I felt like utter shit, and yeah, I was hallucinating, talking to in inanimate objects and all that. I wouldn't recommend trying it to anyone, and the only reason I don't feel completely ashamed of following through with such a bright idea is the fact that I was like 13 or so. My advice is to not do it, you're not missing anything other than a shitty, and potentially dangerous time. Delirium is spoken of in negatives contexts for a reason.

Im at like 300-350mg point right now. Feeling very calm and moving is very heavy. Not really delirius at all. I feel like i,d have to take atleast 600mg for delirium

When did you take it? Have you seen anything that's not supposed to be there? Any noises that are delusions?

Very good at releaving anxiety. Feel calm. Dont feel heavy anymore. Just feel calm. No nods or hallucinations :/

I did about 400 mg in high school and it was strange, You feel very heavy and can't move much but the hallucinations are the most intense I have ever experienced. I looked towards my door about halfway thru the exp and there was a full grown lion sitting about 5 feet from me, he growled towards me an deff had me in awe. The hallucinations are mad real but there is a part of you that knows they aren't real. In addition my best friend would have talks with people that weren't actually present and do things he would forgot about until the morning. a very strange exp.. wouldn't do it again but deff glad I got to exp it
edit: I just realized that I took more like 600mg

This isn't a substances to be messed with. Really this topic should be closed after that

I clearly stated it's not worth trying. It's dangerous to get the effect you're seeking and that compounds dangerous to do it with. I didn't even want to point out the other drug being named that should not even be attempted to use as it's much more dangerous as well as a few others scripted meds and the plants they come from. It is just not worth it.... You'll likely end up waking up in a hospital with a coma if you use the right compound.

Seriously these compounds are no joke... Their traditions go back to use in witch doctor practice where the only one I was describes didn't even involve ingesting the plant, but just rubbing a paste containing a mixture of plants on the person's forehead and the forehead of two lizards with one having it's eyes sewn shut and the others mouth and the trip is supposed to be experiencing the desert through the eyes of one lizard and the mouth of the other. That should just show you that it's not just an experience one can get into willy nilly. You really need to rethink this.

I've taken huge doses of DPH to with opioid to potentiate them, easily some days 1000mg DPH. Although it's different with opioids in your system, DPH never had much effect on me other than a fuzzy sort of sedation, but that seemed connected to the opioids.

I actually believe that deliriants have their place in the entheogen arsenal. But we're talking like datura and stuff like that, not DPH. DPH seems like it is a pretty poor choice for a deliriant.

Questions:

* Since my first time I'm only planning on doing 300mg, do you think it is VITAL that I have a trip sitter present?

* Does set and setting apply to DPH?

* How will I appear to my friend on 500mg? Will I be able to communicate normally at all?

* Is there anything I can do before hand or during to make the experience as positive as possible?

A trip sitter would be a good idea but probably isn't absolutely necessary in this case.

Set and setting most definitely applies to trying to "trip" on DPH.

You may be able to communicate normally, but it may be different and social interaction should probably be avoided with people who aren't aware and supportive of your use of this drug.

Something that always helps me is organizing my living space, making it clean and tidy, and then preparing my body, showering, cleaning up so that I'm fresh for the experience. A clean body and environment can make a positive difference in both set and setting.

If you want to experience "real" delirium try belladonna or datura, but be very very careful with your dosing. The content of alkaloids in these plants varies significantly. With datura seeds, I've had them from one plant where I only needed to ingest 30 of those tiny seeds for the desired effect, while with other datura plants I've had to ingest 100+ seeds to get any effect at all. So, the variation in potency needs to be checked before going full on with the experience.

Questions are now answered. Any reason not to close this thread?

Last edited by a moderator: