• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Interest for a Harm reduction Group in sydney

well if there is anyone else who wants to volunteer for code blue sydney can they please let me know............

just booked my flights for sat afternoon, see you all there :)

Been around a week or more since I replyed to the last e-mail from you guys. It's unfortunate that I have not recieved a reply with the correct address of the CodeBlue meetup. As I stated in the e-mail a simple whereis street directory search came up saying that the suburb you gave in the e-mail (which I will not disclose here) was incorrect and that the street name you gave (which I will not disclose here) had a number of corresponding suburbs none of which were close in spelling to the suburb you gave.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the address you e-mailled out is looks incorrect as it is not listed in the street directory. I'd love to go but we need to know where it is!! Can you guys please e-mail out the correct address for the meetup?

Cheers
Ekstasis-//7

sorry about that, i was just going on what i was told :)
will see you there

Ok luckily one of the Mods has sent me a message informing me of the correct suburb. I have since looked it up in Whereis.com.au and can see that there is an adjacent suburb with a very similar name suburb to the one in first e-mail for the meetup. So yes it was definately a misspelling and a mistake. (I won't disclose the suburb here but lets just say...) The "o" in the suburb in the e-mail should really be an "e". Also this is an adjacent suburb not the actual suburb the street is in. So it can be a little confusing to people not familiar with that part of Sydney who are using a street directory.

Note to CodeBlue organisers: In the future please double check addresses before mailouts to avoid such problems and also you may want try responding to e-mails a little quicker especially when it concerns whether people are given the correct address before meeting.

Cheers.
Interested to see how the meeting goesand hope to see you there (work permitting).
Ekstasis-//7

[Edit: No, I hadn't considered that aunty establishment. I've never used nor had a need for spam filters so it didn't occur to me. I retract the statement on the grounds that my initial message may have simply gotten lost. - YD]

Last edited:
^ Did you send a follow-up email? Sometimes things get diverted to the spam folder accidentally, and it seems like other people have been getting replies, so *shrugs* don't be too quick to judge :)

The Suburb is Wolli Creek.

Its a brand new suburb, and i'm guessing not in all directories.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me, as i'm the Sydney contact for CodeBlue.

Look forward to meeting people on Sat.

DJC*

^^ You are right it's Wolli Creek. Unfortunately it doesn't come up on a Whereis search. Also it I found it on the Whereis.com.au map but it looked like it was written Welli Creek because it wasn't printed clearly. So sorry my mistake.

PM me please when you find out more information and I'll let you know if I'm available. I'm not the most knowledgable, however I'm sure when compared the the norm I would be considered quite informed.

thanks to all those who atteneded and to all those who showed interest in joining code blue....:)

we are having another meeting on the 30th sept in town at around 6pm at a pub somewhere.. :)
while im up in sydney for club health conference

more details in a fortnight

thanks again

much praise to madmick and all the new codeblue sydney.
in a couple of weeks or so ravesafe vic will be having a month of celebrations to mark the tenth anniversary of our first public appearance on the scene. it'll culminate in a party - but you won't be able to miss details and i don't want to preempt stuff to much.
i just thought it incredibly appropriate that as we (importantly, and justifiably) turn our eyes and what's left of our memories back for a couple of weeks, party people doing harm reduction in another city have their eyes firmly on the future.
Its a great early b'day present for us. :D

Well done Mick, and I wish Sydney codeblue workers all the future success. Hope it's a fun night with your well earned celebrations mibrane.

I guess it's a bit early to ask if the Sydney branch would be venturing as far north as the central coast, but I was approached this week asking if the northern alliance of RaveSafe could conduct workshops in this area. As a team, we are quite well known in the area and been involved in many events over the years.

So far there seems to be around 30 interested parties, ranging from ambulance workers to promoters and security personnel. We're planning on conducting this early November, so if there is any interest from the Sydney group, in either participating or presenting, PM me. At present I'm preparing a questionnaire in order to find out exactly what interest there is and what people hope to gain from the workshop.

Hey just checkin to see if a CodeBlue meetup is happening tonight. Haven't recieved an e-mail but just wanted to make sure of what the go is.