• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Insomnia / Knockout strains (im from the UK though)

Darksidesam

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Hi so I was hoping that someone from a location where cannabis is legal and they are able to try medicinal strains that are bred to help specific symptoms or conditions can tell me if a true knockout strain exists and if you know the terpene/THC/CBD/CBG Indica/Sativa ratio of these strains, please list.

Ive suffered with chronic insomnia for a good 10 years now or more, and zopiclone , zolpidem dont even touch it, never gave me a restful sleep at all. The biggest problem i have is actually falling asleep.
I had a look on leafly and it would appear that some of these strains that could help me would be:

Madagascar : fast acting, helps you to fall asleep
Starbud : one of the strongest indica dominant
Pink bubba: "Pink Bubba delivers a body-melting blast of physical relaxation alongside dreamy euphoria."
Anonymous OG: "This strain is incredibly relaxing and sedative, and should be consumed in the evening for best results."

please share your experiences

I've only run across two strains that will do what even hospital drugs (other than sodium pentathol) can't do, knock me out. One is called K.O. Pink and the other is Passout Pink. The K.O Pink sat at 35% THC and is a pure Indica. I don't know the other compound ratios but I'm betting the terps sit at well north of 3%. Think of K.O Pink as Pink Kush on steroids that knows someone important. The taste and smell are similar but much stronger in the K.O. Pink.

Passout Pink is also a pure Indica sitting at 37.4% THC with 4.89% total terp content. It tastes and smells like no other Pink I've tried.

Before I smoke either strain I have to do my pre-bedtime routine or else I just won't be able to after. And I say that as someone who has been smoking daily for over 35 years.

I've only run across two strains that will do what even hospital drugs (other than sodium pentathol) can't do, knock me out. One is called K.O. Pink and the other is Passout Pink. The K.O Pink sat at 35% THC and is a pure Indica. I don't know the other compound ratios but I'm betting the terps sit at well north of 3%. Think of K.O Pink as Pink Kush on steroids that knows someone important. The taste and smell are similar but much stronger in the K.O. Pink.

Passout Pink is also a pure Indica sitting at 37.4% THC with 4.89% total terp content. It tastes and smells like no other Pink I've tried.

Before I smoke either strain I have to do my pre-bedtime routine or else I just won't be able to after. And I say that as someone who has been smoking daily for over 35 years.
thanks for sharing, i will look for it or some seeds maybe i can grow again and get to experience it ,
A question though, did it make you feel groggy the next day or did you fall asleep so fast that you got enough sleep and say within an hour of waking felt perky enough the next day?

Anything high in CBD. I often (last night for example) will take a small dose of THC accompanied by a large dose of CBD right before bed time. The THC stretches out how long the CBD keeps me asleep and the small amount of THC assures that I don't wake up with cotton mouth.

It doesn't matter which strain you use you will become accustomed to the strain after three days of usage ime.

White widow was good for me then I alternated it with another strain, any of the one's going in the coffee shops (two) ten miles away.

Your route of administration is equelly as important.
Properly decarboxylated without losing any terpenes then added to milk for 20 minutes was the most efficiant and total bliss for me.

For me the cbn cannabinoid was important if it would allow me to doze off.
Edit: the myrcene terpene is important as well, been years since I've anally researched it all.

One user will say cbd, the other thc...

Last edited:
I never know what strains I'm buying, but they all knock me out without fail.

I've now got access to homegrown weed at £30 an eighth or imported Californian at £90 an eighth, and tbh I can't see much difference. The Cali stuff is definitely cured better, but it's not worth the 300% price difference.

I find that all weed helps me sleep. The trick is to not wake 'n' bake.

thanks for sharing, i will look for it or some seeds maybe i can grow again and get to experience it ,
A question though, did it make you feel groggy the next day or did you fall asleep so fast that you got enough sleep and say within an hour of waking felt perky enough the next day?
There's a wee bit of crunchiness when I first wake up but it doesn't last long. By the time I splash my face with cold water and administer some caffeine I'm feeling fine.

Hi so I was hoping that someone from a location where cannabis is legal and they are able to try medicinal strains that are bred to help specific symptoms or conditions can tell me if a true knockout strain exists and if you know the terpene/THC/CBD/CBG Indica/Sativa ratio of these strains, please list.

Ive suffered with chronic insomnia for a good 10 years now or more, and zopiclone , zolpidem dont even touch it, never gave me a restful sleep at all. The biggest problem i have is actually falling asleep.
I had a look on leafly and it would appear that some of these strains that could help me would be:

Madagascar : fast acting, helps you to fall asleep
Starbud : one of the strongest indica dominant
Pink bubba: "Pink Bubba delivers a body-melting blast of physical relaxation alongside dreamy euphoria."
Anonymous OG: "This strain is incredibly relaxing and sedative, and should be consumed in the evening for best results."

please share your experiences
Many people use marijuana to self-treat insomnia, anxiety, and pain4. Among these users, the effectiveness of marijuana for sleep is more ambivalent, though a study conducted on individuals with insomnia found that many participants reported relief from their symptoms5 when using cannabis.

You are from UK but that doesn't necessarily imply you mix your MJ with Tobacco. Over here everyone mixes them in ridiculous amounts.

My experience is that when i fill my pipe the last time and mix it with that it turnes the uplifting Weed high into some sort of narcotic sedating feel.

But if you don't use Tobacco I would advise you to keep as it makes it way, way more addicting and its bad for your health. Weed alone never worked as sleeping agent for me. its more like a mild motivating mood brightener.

You are from UK but that doesn't necessarily imply you mix your MJ with Tobacco. Over here everyone mixes them in ridiculous amounts.

My experience is that when i fill my pipe the last time and mix it with that it turnes the uplifting Weed high into some sort of narcotic sedating feel.

But if you don't use Tobacco I would advise you to keep as it makes it way, way more addicting and its bad for your health. Weed alone never worked as sleeping agent for me. its more like a mild motivating mood brightener.
as part of the nightshade family of plants it would make sense , but yeah i have no intentions to use tobacco

The cannabinoid CBN works wonders.

You want high myrcene content

The best strains for me have been
1)black domina
2)herijuana
3)black afghani

For me, and I've had insomnia pretty much most of my life any indica or indica dom strain. I get my bud mailed from Colorado. I tell my boy pick out the best indica they have and throw in a couple bottles of 55mg gummies. About 4hr before I wanna go to bed I eat half of 1. I'm a daily toker but usually only at night time. I'll only take a few small tokes out of a 1 hitter if it's during the day. 55mg gummy will have me in space if I take a full one.

I grew grape sorbet this year that was a really heavy stone and short 7-8 week flower. Got 8.5 oz harvested end of September.

Another unknown indica that was even more potent......I really wish I had my buddy clone it so I could do it again this year. It was literally the best plant I've grown as far as potency and no mold loss. I live in the northeast where we have damp cold weather at the end of the season. Not really possible to grow a good sativa and have it finished. Grew a critical cheese that is supposed to be close to 50/50 and I had to pull it early for mold.

Sorry for rambling but I would go with grape sorbet, grape ape, GDP stuff along those lines.

Indica recommended. Maybe have a look here:

Indica recommended. Maybe have a look here:
this is an extensive writeup of things to try, ill some of those a try