• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Insomnia after taking Oxy

myakitty2000

Greenlighter
I am having a terrible time sleeping at night after taking Percocet 10mg. I usually take 2 after I get off work around 4am but I can't sleep for hours! I've tried Benadryl and melatonin. The only thing that knocks me out is a Xanax bar or two. My doc won't prescribe them since they're a controlled medication (I get my oxy from a pain clinic whom also won't prescribe me the Xanax) Any suggestions? And I can't really skip my dose or I'll be up in pain all night. Thanks in advance!!

you really shouldn't get into the practice of mixing painkillers with xanax. that is an unsafe combination.

I am having a terrible time sleeping at night after taking Percocet 10mg. I usually take 2 after I get off work around 4am but I can't sleep for hours! I've tried Benadryl and melatonin. The only thing that knocks me out is a Xanax bar or two. My doc won't prescribe them since they're a controlled medication (I get my oxy from a pain clinic whom also won't prescribe me the Xanax) Any suggestions? And I can't really skip my dose or I'll be up in pain all night. Thanks in advance!!
From what I've read, and what I've heard, oxy can be a rather stimulating opioid. However, whenever I take it knocks the fuck outta me.

As for mixing benzos with oxy, be careful. You enhance your risk of respiratory suppression. However, it's depend on your tolerance to both drugs. Just don't do something foolhardy such as taking a large amount of oxy and combining it with 5mg of alprazalam.

Nothing surprising here.

even with my huge opiate tolerance.. Oxy seems to keep me awake also.. it's the most stimulating opiate out there, hence the reason for the insomnia.

I never take Oxy in the late night, for this very reason.

I take more sedating opiates late night, something like Heroin, Morphine, Methadone, etc.

This happens to me only after taking a break from oxy. When I start taking it again I won't sleep a wink the first night, it never fails. Every night after that I go to sleep but it's not a good sleep as I'm up every couple of hours pissing like a race horse. It's crazy how much a human bladder can hold. Good luck in the sleeping!

Oxy can be as good as coffee or psudeoephedrine, even when I take foolishly large doses. The addition of Alprazolam even seems to have a paradoxical effect when it joins the Oxy. But this is not always a consistent rule as the two really are dangerous when they play together. You should know your tolerances to both before doing risky things like combining them. If you are able to exercise it seems to help in returning the sedative effects. Just use prudence when pushing your limits as one can go from perky to sloppy quite fast.

I've met people who share my situation where Oxy other opiods/opiates is our ritalin/adderall

When I drink PST I stay up all night and clean my entire house spotless down to wiping the sink faucets, getting behind the toilets, vacuuming two or three times to make sure every crumb is off the floor. PERFECTLY folding my sheets. Doing all the laundry, dishes, and so much more. While a lot of this is OCD (perfectly sheet corners, symmetrical rooms, etc) the energy that comes from doing it is from the tea. When I have no tea, I sit on my laptop all day and either look up things regarding chemistry or work on getting my CompTIA A+ Certification (as you can imagine doesn't take any physical work).

You just might be one of those people who feel more productive or more "ready to go" when you take opiods. I know you say you get home at 4AM, but truthfully I would take advantage of it - just my opinion albeit probably an unpopular one. If you can't go to sleep be productive!

Your body will eventually recognize "okay this is far too much, go fuck yourself I'm out".

Ranting only from my own experience,
-MF4M

Funny how things change in time i was on oxy for over 20 years daily and i always took my last dose around midnight and would fall asleep ten minutes after. I started taking that midnight dose so when i got up for work at 6am i would not be hurting in morning and for my shower. I hated feeling like shit when waking up in morning.

Trust me you don't want a xanax habit or a opiate dependency nor any other dependency besides self dependent! Benzos with opiates can kill as said, but also high doses cause blackout and actions without memory, but fortunately it hasn't been known to cause people to eat each other although evolution might if this planet is aloud to die. Opiates are just hard to obtain and I find hyro/oxy codone is better for daytime and the morphine forms for night time. Although that's just me it seems.

oxy is a bit like kratom for me. more sedating around 30mg though (slight tolerance to kratom)

i can equate 5-7g of kratom to 25-30mg oxy.

however, i have not noticed this insomnia you speak of. i smoked weed on my few oxy experiences so maybe this is why i don't experience the insomnia.

i also smoke weed everytime on kratom but have experienced kratom without weed and experienced sleeplessness.

the main time i experienced this insomnia with opies was with 20mg Hydrocodone. i hadn't had any access to weed and noticed i could not sleep when the peak wore off into the night. (2hrs max- not worth it)

do you smoke weed? perhaps that could help.

i agree with the others in that benzos, potent like xanax are not a safe combo with strong opioids. that can easily create a bad habit.