• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

insensitivity to heroin

farmacista

Bluelighter
In the last months heroin doesn't get me high anymore... It's annoying... It can't be explained with tolerance, because last year when i was addicted to it and used it everyday still got me high, now i'm not using it everyday so my tolerance should be lower... and even a tolerant person should get some effects from it... I get absolutely nothing... just a waste of money... And it can't be explained with a low quality product, because my friends get high from the same stuff... So i wonder why is it ? Surely there is an explanation but i don't see what it could be... Also i got high from heroin even when i was using methadone... Now i quit the methadone so i should get even higher than before... I just don't understand

Long standing tolerance I would assume. Especially if you used heroin on top of methadone in the past for any length of time. Methadone is a lot stronger than people give it credit for and its "blocking" effect is actually just raising your tolerance to the point that street heroin might as well be pixie sticks. That's really the only possible explanation if others are getting good effects from the same gear.

I agree with the good Dr. here. How much Methadone were you on? It definitely raises tolerance big time on its own , and from what I gather, doses lower than 80 or 60 mgs act almost in conjunction with any other added opiates. I remember when I used to take 2 weeks off of oxy and do a Kratom taper in betwen. I would be looking forward to how great the pain meds would work, but was not the case and I ended up needing to take more. Imagine what the -Done does tolerance wise.

Also even in the early stages of doing H (Fent), my friend who used way before I started would be falling asleep on the train while I would whisper-shout at him to get his shit together while I barely felt anything.

Tolerance eventually hits a point where any sort of pleasure or relief is gone and you end up spiking your vein 2, 5, 10 times a day just to feel less like shit. "Danger Will Robinson!"

Tolerance sucks!! Unless it?s the quality of the dope, but you can still build an incredibly high tolerance faster than you think, I?ve definitely been there