• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Inquisitive Mind

Asparagus_Prince

Bluelighter
Hello everybody. I have frequented this message board before, but it's been a while. I have appreciated its practical, non-judgmental approach. That's the sense I've gotten from some of the threads I've read anyway. I have plenty of reasons to stick around and become a semi-regular contributor. Here in a second I'll get to what specifically led me to actually create an account

I work with clients that struggle with addiction problems and I used to come to this board to read. Personally I would consider myself an occasional user but I've managed to keep it under control. I could write a lot about why that is. But maybe some other time.

I am in my 40s and I have been using Adderall for about 5 years. Not every day, but close. I like to give myself minimum1-week breaks from Adderall several times per year.

But the specific question that brought me here... But recently I tried 18mg Concerta extended-release for the first time. I took it about 8am in the morning. It worked about the way I thought it should. All day long I felt a little sharper and more focused but never "high".

What I found incredible is that the NEXT day I had one of the best, high-spirited days I've had in a long time without taking anything. Again, I'm talking about the NEXT day, more than 24 hours after I took the Concerta. I ALWAYS feel fatigued when i get home at 5 or 6, but on this day I bounced in to my home and was eager to get things done around the house. This would have been about 36 hours after I took the Concerta!

Was this caused by the Concerta from the day before? Or likely coincidental and caused by something else? I mean, I NEVER feel this way unless maybe I've taken an Adderall late in the day. It wasn't a high or euphoric feeling... just a real good mood and the absence of fatigue that I ALWAYS have that time of day.

I slept really well the night before too. So it doesn't feel right that I would sleep soundly throughout the night and that the Concerta would still be working throughout the next day.

Coincidence? Or has anyone experienced this or heard of it? I googled it and didn't find anything, so I came here.

Welcome to Bluelight @Asparagus_Prince :)

No idea about concerta. I think adderall has the dextroamphetamine which is more feel-good than methylphenidate, but is shorter lasting.

That seems like a pretty nice experience - maybe you could write a trip report :)

Adderall is nice i tend to abuse it but it does give you a nice functional high for the most part.

You're right BL is pretty good about not judging but sometimes tough love is given which can be hard to differentiate.

Peace!

Same regarding Concerta: No clue but am interested in any/all answers.
I also want to welcome you to a site (the sum of its parts) that is very dear to me. People here are awesome all of them. We all have a little different perspective on life, had experiences that have left various marks on us and have opinions that may be very at odds. However, in all of this, we (I hope) can use our diversities to learn and grow as a whole.
Looking forward to reading any input you may have on any/all topics already posted or shedding some light on a topic that you may bring to the table. If not obvious, I love diversity and picking the minds of others. :)
See you around and be safe as now you have become part of the solution, IMO.
Much love,
Ptah