• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Inquiry into possible combination phenibut and adderall induced dystonia

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Recently I have come across a few BL threads and a few other sources where people who have used phenibut in combination with adderall and reported experiencing dystonic effects.

Please post any personal experiences around this and also experiences of just phenibut withdrawals. Im curious if the combination of phenibut and adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) increase the risk of this or if its more a product of the phenibut withdrawals.

Recently I have come across a few BL threads and a few other sources where people who have used phenibut in combination with adderall and reported experiencing dystonic effects.

Please post any personal experiences around this and also experiences of just phenibut withdrawals. Im curious if the combination of phenibut and adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) increase the risk of this or if its more a product of the phenibut withdrawals.

I've never had real Phenibut withdrawal and I've never taken actual Adderall but I have used Dexedrine probably over 100 times and I know that it's very similar to Adderall and is the major component of it, and I've combined Dex with Phenibut around 5 times give or take, some of those with Kratom in the mix as well (probably most of them it was in the mix) and one time also with a little alcohol in the mix.

I really like the combination of stimulants + Phenibut (I've also combined Prolintane with it).

So yeah, no dystonia for me from the combo of Dex + Phenibut but that's all I can say about it.

^Well dystonia isn't a common side effect, it isn't even listed as a side effect for either drug. The cause of dystonia and it's subform's are still unknown. Although They do list pharmaceutical drugs as one of the potential causes. It's neurologically based, and can be affected by gaba neurons, which are affected by phenibut. I also read that diazepam and DPH, can alleviate some of the symptoms. Society really needs to spend more time, money, and effort into researching these neurological disorders, sometimes I think us humans have advanced nicely, but other times (like this one), I think we're just outside the realm of primativism..

- Hopeless 7nos

I tried using (low doses ~500mg) Phenibut with a few TAAR1-agonists (racemic amphetamine, 3-FPM, 2-FA and others) and for each one of them felt, that they cancel each other out, resulting in an artificially reproduced sober feeling, but with very pronounced dysphoria. Perhaps that was the neurological prestage of dystonic side effects.

Here are some of the sources I was talking of..

(phenibut) Suicide thinking, sleeplessness, movemement disorders, speech problem

Phenibut

Case report: A somatically healthy man in his mid-20s with a previous history of substance abuse took phenibut for 2 months. He noted tolerance development already after the first week and increased doses up to 20 g/day. Already a few hours after the last dose the patient started to experience subjective symptoms, at the third day of abstinence the patient started to hallucinate and the following day’s symptoms were aggravated with increased hallucinations and confusion. After treatment with benzodiazepines the psychosis resolved.

Conclusion: Phenibut withdrawal symptoms can become severe and have similarities to Baclofen, GHB, benzodiazepine and alcohol withdrawal. Benzodiazepines and supportive care seems to be the most effective choice of treatment for objective abstinence symptoms.
Psychotic symptoms during phenibut (beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid) withdrawal
Phenibut is a γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) agonist designed and used as an anxiolytic in Russia. In Western countries, phenibut is not a registered medication but is available through online stores as a supplement. We present a case of a patient who used phenibut to self-medicate anxiety, insomnia and cravings for alcohol. While phenibut was helpful initially, the patient developed dependence including tolerance, significant withdrawal symptoms within 3–4 h of last use and failure to fulfil his roles at work and at home. He finally sought medical assistance in our addictions clinic. We have gradually, over the course of 9 weeks, substituted phenibut with baclofen, which has similar pharmacological properties, and then successfully tapered the patient off baclofen. This required approximately 10 mg of baclofen for each gram of phenibut.
Phenibut dependence.

Differences and similarity in the interaction of fenibut, baclofen and diazepam with phenylethylamine].

[Antiabstinent action of fenibut and baclofen on a model of abstinence induced by the benzodiazepine receptor antagonist CGS 8216 in rats receiving diazepam].

A case of delirium, motor disturbances, and autonomic dysfunction due to baclofen and tizanidine withdrawal: a review of the literature.

Baclofen