• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Inquiry for VICE: Benzodiazepine usage in Australia

I didn't go forward, though only because i would have been of little help. Maybe theyre busy saving the koalas? I wouldn't be paranoid about it.

I didn't go forward, though only because i would have been of little help. Maybe theyre busy saving the koalas? I wouldn't be paranoid about it.
It was apparently going ahead a few weeks ago; the account that posted this has been on here daily basically it seems to lurk, I think you were right to be paranoid and that it was an imposter.

It was apparently going ahead a few weeks ago; the account that posted this has been on here daily basically it seems to lurk, I think you were right to be paranoid and that it was an imposter.

I partook, are you saying the accounts fake? I'm pretty baked i have no idea

Hey everyone, I don't get notifications for this post so apologies for the delay. I'm definitely not a fake account. The article has been submitted and is going ahead at this stage (always here to speak to people as well.) If that changes, I'm happy to contact the people who were involved directly!

If you want to contact me directly, my email or a DM here is best. Thanks so much!

Thanks mate, apologies for my worries; things have been interesting lately

Hey everyone, I don't get notifications for this post so apologies for the delay. I'm definitely not a fake account. The article has been submitted and is going ahead at this stage (always here to speak to people as well.) If that changes, I'm happy to contact the people who were involved directly!

If you want to contact me directly, my email or a DM here is best. Thanks so much!

What's the interest in benzos in Australia?

Is it a personal interest or something that's on the rise?

Are you covering the research chem market in general?

Those things bother me unless they are psychedelics tbh.

Hey @sjnichols

I apologise for delay in returning pm, would like to know about your benzos article all the same.

Should be some time this week.

It’s a good article and I would definitely show it to someone I thought had a benzo problem but it seems like Vice articles are very often about the harm of drugs and play into the hands of abolitionists. Do they have an editorial policy regarding legalisation or decriminalisation? For or against as a matter of principle? Or just fence-sitting?

It’s a good article and I would definitely show it to someone I thought had a benzo problem but it seems like Vice articles are very often about the harm of drugs and play into the hands of abolitionists. Do they have an editorial policy regarding legalisation or decriminalisation? For or against as a matter of principle? Or just fence-sitting?

hey, glad to hear you find it a good read! I can't speak on behalf of VICE, but I haven't been shown of any official stance. For me, the take I wanted to get across with this was anti-restriction and the problem of prescription monitoring, but always good to hear feedback!

@sjnichols Perhaps you should have run it by some people with expertise in this subject matter. For instance, the article propagates the false assertion that flualprazolam is ten times stronger than alprazolam, when the figure is more like 3x. That sort of hyperbole is alarmist and unfounded and causes drugs to become the target of politicians and law enforcement.

The article also seems to confuse flubromazepam with flubromazolam (two different drugs), though it seems like a typo:

“[It] can last up to a full week in my experience,” says Jason*, a self-described long-term user, of his first time with the analogue flubromazepam—adding that flubromazolam can “knock a person out at .25 mg.”

@sjnichols Perhaps you should have run it by some people with expertise in this subject matter. For instance, the article propagates the false assertion that flualprazolam is ten times stronger than alprazolam, when the figure is more like 3x. That sort of hyperbole is alarmist and unfounded and causes drugs to become the target of politicians and law enforcement.

The article also seems to confuse flubromazepam with flubromazolam (two different drugs), though it seems like a typo:

“[It] can last up to a full week in my experience,” says Jason*, a self-described long-term user, of his first time with the analogue flubromazepam—adding that flubromazolam can “knock a person out at .25 mg.”

Hey thanks for the pickup on the typo! Jason was talking about two different substances here, but there is a typo. In regards to everything else, completely respect and value that. Obviously the intention of the piece to highlight the issue of restrictions and prohibition, and Jason's words are a direct quote, but appreciate you pointing this out.

[edit] There's not a typo actually on the transcript. But again, the intention here isn't to propagate false information or add anything to abolitionists. The angle here was legalisation. Anyone feel free to DM to chat further.

Last edited: