Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Inquiry for VICE: Benzodiazepine usage in Australia

sjnichols

Bluelighter
Hi there everyone,

My name is Sam, and I'm a journalist working with VICE (ironically, I wrote a piece on Bluelight a couple of months ago!)

I wanted to reach out to Bluelight to see if anyone was interested in contributing to a piece I'm working on regarding benzodiazepines in Australia. I'm hoping to hear some anecdotal insights on the topic it's for a piece I'm working on that explores the history of benzodiazepines in Australia. Any and every story is welcome! Anonymity can be provided on request as well.

If anyone is interested, I can be contacted via:
Email: nicholsgb [at] gmail [dot] com
Wickr: nicholsgb
Signal +1 (929) 216-8848
Telegram: nicholsgb
Or, you guys can DM me here!

Thanks, everyone!
Sam

When I brought a large amount of valium (from the US, prescribed in high doses not commonly seen in Australia) through the Adelaide airport (i was there for a long stay so i had giant bottles), they spent some time testing them (they were concerned they were some other drug perhaps). Australians seemed to have different preferences insofar as benzos of choice...perhaps its availability, but i think it speaks to something else...

When I brought a large amount of valium (from the US, prescribed in high doses not commonly seen in Australia) through the Adelaide airport (i was there for a long stay so i had giant bottles), they spent some time testing them (they were concerned they were some other drug perhaps). Australians seemed to have different preferences insofar as benzos of choice...perhaps its availability, but i think it speaks to something else...

Hey Negrogesic, do you mind if I DM you? I'd be keen to know more!

Hey Sam thanks for the post. Im sure there will be some people willing to help you out.
I am more than happy too. Will email you now.

Cheers
AT

Hey everyone! Just bumping this thread. Still really interested in speaking to anyone and everyone willing to make a comment, no matter how small it might be. Thanks so much!

Sam

Hey sam sorry ive been meaning to reply to your email. Will do tonight.

Andy

Know what, I have a theory behind brand name meds being made available and the efficacy and sanctioning on benzo's, I think now that there are two types of benzos going round (brand name and generic) there are two-tier processes involved in procuring apparently some of the worst. I guess the only other way of getting benzo's would be the black market. but you're not getting a solid product so I decided to stick to me guns here and just medicate anxiety. I don't think benzo efficacy has been proven since the year 2010 across a supply of meds. Eerie.

Hey everyone! My dm is still open for any and everyone interested in having a chat about this. Looking forward to hearing back from some of you!

Sam

Hi there everyone,

My name is Sam, and I'm a journalist working with VICE (ironically, I wrote a piece on Bluelight a couple of months ago!)

I wanted to reach out to Bluelight to see if anyone was interested in contributing to a piece I'm working on regarding benzodiazepines in Australia. I'm hoping to hear some anecdotal insights on the topic it's for a piece I'm working on that explores the history of benzodiazepines in Australia. Any and every story is welcome! Anonymity can be provided on request as well.

Signal +1 (929) 216-8848

Thanks, everyone!
Sam

I can most definitely assist you with that.

Are you talking from a publically funded script based or research chemical , illegal use?

Hi there,
Sent you an email (same as my username), my use cover virtually all forms of benzodiazepine use and way of obtaining them, with stories varied to boot, so shoot me back an email or message if you're interesting in hearing any more.

Hi there everyone,

Signal +1 (929) 216-8848

Thanks, everyone!
Sam
Hey, do you mind sending me (over other other chat) some kind of credentials?

How many people partook in any interview?

I've requested VICE verify this (several reasons.)