• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Input into content of new 'amphetamine-type stimulants' website

My boss just had a suspected heart attack.

He was raced to hospital where they found that he had combined his heart medication with some cold and flu medication (he has the flu) and a couple of glasses of alcohol. He is in his 50's...

Instead of targeting young people like everyone else, maybe you should target older people and get them up to speed with different drugs, and how they interact?

I think giving people practical advice for what they can do to protect their brain from neurotoxicity, their heart from cardiotoxicity, and reduce their comedowns from amphetamine type stimulants would be really helpful.

Tyrosine is magic for methamphetamine comedowns. 5HTP works pretty well for ecstasy comedowns. Food really helps too although eating can be a struggle for amphetamine users, advice on convenient liquid foods could be helpful though.

Antioxidants are useful for reducing neurotoxicity, the ones that are best supported by animal data are alpha lipoic acid, cysteine, vitamin C, vitamin E, carnitine and selenium.

Treatments to reduce the high blood pressure associated with amphetamine use could have a very significant impact on long term cardiovascular damage from amphetamine use, particularly calcium channel blockers like diltiazem and nifedipine.

Antidotes to counteract the effects of acute ecstasy overdose is an area that there really needs to be decent research done, as the current approved treatments like cyproheptadine and external cooling are pretty crap really, and from my discussions with hospital doctors they were far too scared of legal liability to risk trying out untested treatments.

The combination of prazosin and pindolol completely prevented ecstasy hyperthermia in animal models, as did carvedilol by itself, yet the official policy is that its not safe to use beta blockers in people who have taken stimulants even though this is only true for pure beta blockers used alone, while a mixed alpha / beta blocker combination can effectively treat hyperthermia and hypertension without triggering vasoconstriction.

Why are approved hospital practices and medical countermeasures for reducing the harmful side effects of amphetamine type stimulants still 10 years behind the current research in the field?

Thanks for your replies.
Great thread NickyJ.

Thanks mad scientist. Your suggestions to reduce a variety of harms are a good idea and a given I would expect. The way things are looking they could well end up being a significant focus of the site. This would include some of the examples you have given and would need to be linked to available research. Anecdotal reports may also be worthwhile?

I hope your boss is O.K. nabollocks.
We do often target young people. We know that they use at higher rates, but it does end up that those who are older don't get very much (anything?) specifically for them. If he was being prescribed medication then I guess traditionally it has been left to the prescriber to provide that education. Or even just the product information leaflet?
Were cigarettes part of the mix too?

Yeah something about healthy living. As you know its sooooo hard to eat the day after some amphs. Give ideas like milkshakes and smoothes and shit which is easyer to stomach. Iv always found to be unable to force yself to eat after ice. A banana smoothie however, I can handle and feel the better for it.

Also have a guest book where people dont need to register to post a comment. Have a note asking people about where your site can improve and what not. Youl be able to target your audance far better if you can give them exactly what they want

Actually having the truth rather than a bunch of scare tactic lies. Actually acknowledging that the government has tried to mislead people in the past, and is (hopefully) not now would be a start.

^ I'd love to see that, but seeing as how it's being funded by the Government I don't think that's very likely.

A Government funded program that acknowledges the racist roots of the outlawing of marijuana and cocaine (in the US, seeing as they seem to have set the bar in international drug laws) would be good as well.

dribble said:
have been making educational resources for the last few.
Cheers.

You weren't responsible for the Iceberg meth cards where you? Cos all they did was make me fiend like hell j/k :D