Injury recovery

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
My apologies if this is wrong section. I saw "Health and Recovery" for a subsection to post in, but I'm not sure it'd fit.

So I'm still recovering from an old injury. After quite a few opinions and MRIs they concluded at that some point I tore a portion of my hamstring. However because it's healed they state they can't necessarily just clearly see exactly what it is. The final conclusion is that the tear occured to parts of my adducter, semimemebranosus, and even did some damage to the piriformis.

I've come to the assumption that a lot of the healing that has occurred is what it will be. I regained my range of motion as it seem to snowball-effect and greatly put a lot of tension on my ITB. I foam roll and stretch a lot. Lately I've been doing good with overall pain, but if I was to run up my stairs like a drill in practice I can feel that section of muscle as it's almost like jerky.

My real thought was how others have dealt with more catastrophic injuries. What were recovery times? Did you ever really recover or did you just work around it and take extra precaution knowing the weakest link may be waiting to snap again?

Sorry for long read.

I only tore my tendons in my wrist and my hand
and that wouldn't even heal for one year and a half. Finally I had to have a cast put on to isolate so it could heal. Well, now it's fixed and does'nt seem to be torn anymore.
Injuries could take awhile if they need healing time to repair.

I only tore my tendons in my wrist and my hand
and that wouldn't even heal for one year and a half. Finally I had to have a cast put on to isolate so it could heal. Well, now it's fixed and does'nt seem to be torn anymore.
Injuries could take awhile if they need healing time to repair.

That sounds rough to tear something that relates to your hands especially if you lose your hand that you're dominant in. I had an MRI on the hip joint and the bone structure surrounding it to see if it was a torn tendon and had pulled a fragment of bone with, but I was lucky there.

Growth hormones in addition to BCP157 and TB-500 depending on the severity.

I’ve rehabbed three muscle tears, one of them being a hamstring last year, in the past 5 years with growth. All within a matter of weeks when I was told 6+ months. Friends have done the same and obviously ACLs are no longer career ending in football which is due to almost solely growth hormone

You should know this section is fine mate. Sorry to hear you're still suffering from that injury, though tears are a nightmare.

Have you tried any plyometrics? It's a good way to gradually 'untangle' (rip up) some of the fibrotic fibres laid down in the injury, though you need to start out pretty slow as the tissues will obviously be more inelastic (ie brittle/tear-prone) than uninjured ones with all that crap sticking to them.

The worst part is the snowball effect when I begin exercising/rehabilitation. Already had an episode of bursitis in my right knee as it tends to take the brunt of activity post-exercise when I'm fatigued. I'm doing it subconsciously, but it's slowly tearing away at the stability of my right knee. Thankfully though I don't weigh too much anymore. Only 170lbs

Yup, the growth hormone
could have been an option.
Tendons get shredded.
tJHz16X.jpg

I think I may explore an avenue of PED use, but it's a long ways down the line. My body as a whole isn't in equilibrium and putting myself in a supraphysiological state just for the perceived benefit of increased healing capabilities doesn't outweigh the risks involved. Not that I'm against it.

I think I may explore an avenue of PED use, but it's a long ways down the line. My body as a whole isn't in equilibrium and putting myself in a supraphysiological state just for the perceived benefit of increased healing capabilities doesn't outweigh the risks involved. Not that I'm against it.
I'd let your body heal on it's own really. Injecting gh would honestly only be a marginal benefit unless you do what some doctors do with local gh injections directly into the injury which has been shown to help a bit. Basically just eat right, rest, and take it easy. It's worked fine for millenia so I think it's still OK to do now lol. Just be careful about favoring a leg which you have already experienced. I remember after a bad quad pin I began favoring the other leg for a couple weeks and it left me sore as shit.

Piggybacking on this thread. How much benefit is local GH in general and local recovery for some injuries?

Background- I was in a car accident this past week (rear ended when taking a right turn, directional and all, had arm stretched out), and have a not insubstantial right rotator cuff tear...on imaging. I'm actually not in much pain at all but it doesn't look great. Then again this ortho practice said the same thing about my neck with thoracic outlet syndrome and I certainly didn't think I needed surgery.

I had mentioned concerns about surgery (more from the point of view of anesthesia from a bad experience), but the ortho interpreted it as recovery and mentioned doing GH shots. He also vaguely alluded to testosterone as well, and said I had some early signs of muscle atrophy, but I remain functional. Overall a strange visit, especially as I am not an athlete. I think he just wanted to talk at the end of the day or something- does seem to love the sound of his own voice. I digress.

BPC-157, MK677, TB-500 - what are the levels of psychoactive side effects with these agents? I'm on too many psychoactive medicines already.

Also, finding a good PT / rehab is worth its weight for any injury. I wish the one I used to go to didn't move 2 hours away.

Last edited:
It's just puzzling to figure out how to heal it 100% if that's even possible.

For instance, this morning I'm able to do full sprints up my stairs doing two steps at a time after a little bit of stretching without any pain whatsoever. A week from now nothing will change in my routine, but all of a sudden that small section where the tie in is for all the hamstring/hip ligaments and muscles just becomes rock solid. Even foam rolling it provides little to no benefit as I'm grinding a bag of gravel. Usually when it gets this bad I freeze a dixie cup full of water and sit on it. Rotating the spot and making sure I don't get frost bitten. I do it for about 10-15 minutes or until the section begins to tingle/burn from the excessive amount of cold.

I'm new to muscle injuries so this is just all foreign to me. Breaking bones is such a more convenient way to go about injuring yourself at least in my experience.

I've also done C.O.M.B.O and I'm currently trying to schedule myself another app to start making that a priority. I noticed when I did the electro treatment it was contracting groups of muscles that I haven't really activated in a very long time. It's quite strange, but I'm hoping for the best. If not then PEDs it is! I'm not going to be in my mid 20s giving up on physical exercise because I had some bad luck on first opinions from professionals.

To anyone with quality experience, I'm looking into the HGH ideology briefly. However, one singular study had a comparison between saline solution, HGH, and HGH+IGF-1 on mice. Not 100% through the study or with the notes I've gathered from it, but it seems there is more substances to utilize to create the proper synergistic environment for healing beyond normal capabilities. I wonder if you would also have to induce an environment physiologically to help promote the healing along with exogenous administration? Much like how you can prime before a cycle to create a more "explosive" growth phase.

As far as my experience, growth hormone heals and prevents injuries at a fucking astronomical rate. As stated, I’ve heales multiple serious injuries in a fraction of the normal healing time which has been the same experience as personal friends of mine. Personally I feel very comfortable in saying there’s nothing like it in medicine and I will never go without it when it comes to healing injuries