Injured in the Middle of a Cycle: Reluctant to D/C

seep

Bluelighter
Today's the 12th day of a superdrol/halodrol cycle I intended to run for a month. Saturday afternoon I went heavy on squat/jerk/dead-lift/high-row/front-squat/shrugs. So 3 hrs after the workout I start feeling acute lung pain unlike anything I've ever felt back there. Next morning I wake up to discover it's not my lungs, but my fucking cervical spine area, and this morning the pain was worse. It hurts to turn my head, but a psychiatrist today told me it was probably just muscular and advised me to rest 7 to 10 days. I can't tell the doc I'm doing a cycle cuz he's my boss. I don't want to rest, and I've lifted and footballed through injuries before. So then if it's maybe just a muscle pull and I'm pretty sure the jerks were the culprit, should I follow my boss's advice or should I follow my gut and get back in the gym tomorrow and do my heavy chest and back day? I'm on a fucking tear at the gym and gaining like a mutant and taking a week off now sounds cunty to me. But then again, should I seriously hit the brakes in case something actually happened to the vertebrae--and if so, do I finish the cycle inert or d/c it and start PCT immediately? And can the Dolphins beat the Ravens next week? Previous threads on similar topics are inconclusive, so I have to ask again.

Take the docs advice and don't roll the dice. A week away is not going to make a huge difference.

We are talking about your spine here, not a sprained wrist or a busted finger. Who knows what damage was done. Have someone who specializes in medicine/sport injuries check it out, a psychiatrist does not pass for one and you shouldn't take his word for it.

From what you have described, I'd hit those breaks. Recover, and start over. Good luck, hope you get back in the gym soon.

/Victor

I think you should probably rest a bit and feel it out from there in a few days. You could risk possibly irreversible damage to yourself by not taking to doctor's advice. Although thats not likely to happen - whats likely to happen is that you'd just set yourself back a little ways more...ie not make the gains you'd want to make anyways.

No one wants to ever take a break from the gym but sometimes you have to cut your loses. I would cool it for a bit otherwise you are going to further injure yourself.