• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids injecting the gel from fent patches

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
I'm basically telling you guys this so you can yell and scream at me about how stupid this is. Lately I've been dissolving the gel with heat and acetic acid and injecting. Its a very low dose patch and I have very high tolerance to fentanyl and other opiates. So I'm not really worried about the overdosing as much as the fact that I'm injecting something that there doesn't seem to be any record of doing online whatsoever, wondering if my heart is going to melt or get damaged or something like that.

I have a bigger opiate dillema I posted about in the dark side. but I wanted to start this thread because I'm doing something really stupid and never heard of somone trying this...will I be ok? I hope to go I never try this again and feel really ashamed.

".....I'm not really worried about the overdosing..."

....will I be ok? "

Well, which is it? With all due respect, not sure what anyone could really tell you. If you're concerned, stop doing something very unhealthy. If not, assume the risk.

I don't get these: "is it ok to inject fentanyl gel/combine ghb benzos and booze/ IV pills without a micron filter etc..." threads. I mean, you know it's a bad idea, do you want people to lie to you? Either take the risk or don't. I'd advise you not to.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I really don't see what productive outcome can come from these queries, honestly. Might I be ok if I drink a bottle of mouthwash? Maybe, maybe not. It's pretty straightforward. Especially when someone (such as yourself) is smart enough to know the risks involved.

Some things were not meant to be injected. Hell, most things were not meant to be injected. I'm quite certain that fentanyl patch gel is one of those things.

".....I'm not really worried about the overdosing..."

....will I be ok? "

Well, which is it? With all due respect, not sure what anyone could really tell you. If you're concerned, stop doing something very unhealthy. If not, assume the risk.

I don't get these: "is it ok to inject fentanyl gel/combine ghb benzos and booze/ IV pills without a micron filter etc..." threads. I mean, you know it's a bad idea, do you want people to lie to you? Either take the risk or don't. I'd advise you not to.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I really don't see what productive outcome can come from these queries, honestly. Might I be ok if I drink a bottle of mouthwash? Maybe, maybe not. It's pretty straightforward. Especially when someone (such as yourself) is smart enough to know the risks involved.

Of course I konw its bad for me, that doesn't seem to make me stop though, thats the definition of addiction. I don't have anyone in real life that I can talk to about this. I guess this was not the place to come to for motivation which was all I was looking for. I've also never read a report of someone doing this and wanted to ask if someone has. Sorry if it is a waste of your time but its worth posting the thread to me.

I'm not saying it's a waste of time for you to post, but there's not a whole lot anyone can really say aside from either "Stop it, that's bad" or lie to you and say you'll be fine.

As I said, I wasn't trying to be a jerk in my response. I'd like for you to be ok, happy and healthy. But I can't in good faith say that if I don't point out that what you're doing is a really bad idea. That's not caring or friendship, that's just enabling.

Very bad idea, coming from personal experience. My ex and I did this for about a year, culminating in the two of us blowing thru her entire month's supply of 100mcg/hr fent patches (15 total) in less than 48 hours. The things (like gel) that arent meant to be injected become a REAL bitch if (when) you miss. There's also the monster tolerance and extremely narrow margin between being high and being dead.

Stop doing it, get on subs or methadone, or even check into a detox or rehab/treatment center run by medical professionals. Good luck, and stay safe fent is extremely dangerous and even people who are regularly using it, and who have a tolerance, can OD and die from it.

Gel from patches is not designed to be injected.

Last edited:
^This. Do not IV Fentanyl if you like to be alive. Other than that it just skyrockets your tolerance for a very shortlived high without legs. Try to get on opioid replacement therapy.

I have severe chronic pain from a back injury. If I go onto suboxone I am in so much pain that I can't get out of bed and start thinking of shooting myself.

ITs the problem I have, that I require strong opioids to numb te pain enough to not kill myself....but I have an abuse problem also.

I have a permanent condition that will render me disabled for life and If I go to addiction treatment I will become labled an addict and never be able to get pain relief again for the rest of my life....which will certainly result in suicide. I cannot talke to any professionals about this for this reason. believe me I would have already.

be careful w/ that shit; I am a long term user (dope) and longer term user of everything, including fent, but its always mixed w/ dope. I only shot the patch once and it was a fucking hassle, man. so hard for me because I never did it daily and just had a one and day type day w/ it. it worked but had to be so careful w/ it all so I decided to stop using them after all; even tho I could not get them anymore anyway; nowadays dope/fent is so popular around my area its just PURE WHITE POWDER DOPE; all my drug tests come back heavy fent w. a tad of dope involved. nowadays I love the mix and cant imagine going without fent nowadays; kinda kills the buzz and I get so many more shots off w/ fent.

The gel fent patches can have hot spots in them too. Honestly I would be incredibly worried about accumulation of binders and gel in my circulatory system.

I sent you a friend request. You can always talk to me if you need someone,.

Anyone going to mention the danger of injecting the inactive ingredients in the gel. That's what the OP asked about