• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

injecting suboxone

hollyr239

Greenlighter
Hi today I suboxone because I was just sick and tired of doing dope. So I bought some suboxin and I'm going to detox myself. I shot probably 3-4 milligrams of Suboxone how long before I start withdrawing again? As soon as I did this I started sweating really bad and felt like I had restless legs and my anxiety was through the roof I took a xanax fell asleep, woke up and I'm feeling great now. was that precipitated withdrawal?

Hi holly i am no expert but if you google cows that may help for future dosing. Dependind on how long you waited before you took suboxone causes pw.Meaning if there was still dope on your receptors that causes pw.

Last edited:
Suboxone should be taken/used, and prescribed under the supervision of a doctor. I'm moving this to other drugs.

I just switched to suboxone (on Saturday) from daily heroin, I've done this a few times, even without "PWD" - it's quite common when you first switch to go through WD symptoms for a couple days (regardless of how much/little sub you take). I'm still sleeping pretty sweaty, though not near as bad as the first few nights.

It takes a few days to adjust to suboxone, but you will reasonably quickly. Also - the first couple doses you may find won't actually 'hold' you for 24 hours, but once you've taken a daily dose (try and take at same time each day) for 3-4+ days it will start to build quite a bit in your system and you'll find you can easily go 24-48 hours between doses without feeling sick at all.

injecting suboxone is the biggest waste; its only those addicted to the needle that may find anything positive.

I've been there, I've done that.. it was all for nothing because of my needle addiction at the time. same reason seroquel, benzos, trazadone and everything else was injected at one point in time.

if you truly plan to get clean and want the most out of your bupe, then put it under your tongue. you will not along get a BETTER feeling but it will last LONGER! esp. if you actually want to make a change in your life.

best of luck, man.

injecting suboxomne isn't a waste, on the contrary injecting it allows you to make it last longer. When I was a poor junkie, I used to inject my suboxone becasuse i couldnt afford to buy enough to use orally. I could make an 8 mg strip last me 8 or 9 days by injecting .1 mg doses every 8 hours or so.

and OP, yes that was precip withdrawal

As stated above there is no benefit to injecting suboxone, no rush and it works the best when taken sublingually as instructed. I know this because I used to do it.

You need to wait until you're starting to get dope sick to dose or you will get precipitated WDs. The usual timeframe is 24 to 48 hours after your last dose of opiates.

Hi today I suboxone because I was just sick and tired of doing dope. So I bought some suboxin and I'm going to detox myself. I shot probably 3-4 milligrams of Suboxone how long before I start withdrawing again? As soon as I did this I started sweating really bad and felt like I had restless legs and my anxiety was through the roof I took a xanax fell asleep, woke up and I'm feeling great now. was that precipitated withdrawal?

Sorry, but I'm about to drop a bombshell on you. It's something that you need to know, but you're not gonna like it, and it will rock your world. Prepare yourself for the information I'm about to put into your brain!

Suboxone is a legal medication when prescribed for opiate dependence by a medical professional and when used as directed. When you crush that sub up, cook it, filter it, and draw it into a syringe - when you prepare it for injection - that Suboxone immediately becomes ILLEGAL. You are actually BRAKING THE LAW by doing this!! Yes, when you have that tablet in your hand, as long as it's prescribed, it's totally legal, but when you prepare it for injection it INSTANTLY becomes COMPLETELY ILLEGAL/WRONG. You are COMMITTING A CRIMINAL OFFENCE preparing Suboxone for injection. I don't mean to scare you here, but I don't think you fully grasp the consequences of what you're doing. You may think I'm lying, but I urge you to look it up yourself and you will see that whenever Suboxone is taken in a way that it IS NOT PRESCRIBED FOR, it stops being covered as an exception to the misuse of drugs act, and therefore becomes ILLEGAL. Now, you may think it's illegal in the same way writing on money is illegal, but you would be completely wrong. It becomes JUST as illegal as HEROIN, and as soon as you prep that tablet for injection, you are then COMMITTING A CRIMINAL OFFENCE, for which you can be ARRESTED, PROSECUTED and then THROWN INTO PRISON. This on top of the horrible side effects of shooting Suboxone - I mean dude, even if you don't care about your health particularly, there's no faster way to fuck your veins up, so next time you're tempted to do Suboxone ask yourself if it's not only worth BREAKING THE LAW and potentially GOING TO PRISON, but if the high from shooting Suboxone is worth never being able to inject heroin ever again, because I promise you if you keep shooting tablets they will destroy your veins till you can't get that flash of blood anywhere on your body - and then that beautiful IV rush of heroin? Unavailable to you, forever. Is the shitty meager at best "rush" of shooting Suboxone worth never being able to IV heroin again for the rest of your life? Think about it, friend.

injecting suboxone is the biggest waste; its only those addicted to the needle that may find anything positive.

I've been there, I've done that.. it was all for nothing because of my needle addiction at the time. same reason seroquel, benzos, trazadone and everything else was injected at one point in time.

if you truly plan to get clean and want the most out of your bupe, then put it under your tongue. you will not along get a BETTER feeling but it will last LONGER! esp. if you actually want to make a change in your life.

best of luck, man.

Quoted For Truth....

If you really wanted to clean your life up, breaking your old habits (ie using a needle) is one of the first steps you need to make, or you will be doomed to repeat it. I have relapsed so many times because I wouldn't stop shooting my subs....which led to cocaine, which led to me saying screw it, might as well hav the real deal....same price at the pharmacy except I dont have to drop a paycheck everytime unless I want to.

Basically, change your addictive behaviors. Switching to subs is a great first step. Follow it up with a little therapy and start taking better care of yourself.

Quoted For Truth....

If you really wanted to clean your life up, breaking your old habits (ie using a needle) is one of the first steps you need to make, or you will be doomed to repeat it. I have relapsed so many times because I wouldn't stop shooting my subs....which led to cocaine, which led to me saying screw it, might as well hav the real deal....same price at the pharmacy except I dont have to drop a paycheck everytime unless I want to.

Basically, change your addictive behaviors. Switching to subs is a great first step. Follow it up with a little therapy and start taking better care of yourself.

Excellent advice! These guys know what it's like, for sure.

It is incredibly difficult to stop using needles but so worth the struggle.

Sorry, but I'm about to drop a bombshell on you. It's something that you need to know, but you're not gonna like it, and it will rock your world. Prepare yourself for the information I'm about to put into your brain!

Suboxone is a legal medication when prescribed for opiate dependence by a medical professional and when used as directed. When you crush that sub up, cook it, filter it, and draw it into a syringe - when you prepare it for injection - that Suboxone immediately becomes ILLEGAL. You are actually BRAKING THE LAW by doing this!! Yes, when you have that tablet in your hand, as long as it's prescribed, it's totally legal, but when you prepare it for injection it INSTANTLY becomes COMPLETELY ILLEGAL/WRONG. You are COMMITTING A CRIMINAL OFFENCE preparing Suboxone for injection. I don't mean to scare you here, but I don't think you fully grasp the consequences of what you're doing. You may think I'm lying, but I urge you to look it up yourself and you will see that whenever Suboxone is taken in a way that it IS NOT PRESCRIBED FOR, it stops being covered as an exception to the misuse of drugs act, and therefore becomes ILLEGAL. Now, you may think it's illegal in the same way writing on money is illegal, but you would be completely wrong. It becomes JUST as illegal as HEROIN, and as soon as you prep that tablet for injection, you are then COMMITTING A CRIMINAL OFFENCE, for which you can be ARRESTED, PROSECUTED and then THROWN INTO PRISON. This on top of the horrible side effects of shooting Suboxone - I mean dude, even if you don't care about your health particularly, there's no faster way to fuck your veins up, so next time you're tempted to do Suboxone ask yourself if it's not only worth BREAKING THE LAW and potentially GOING TO PRISON, but if the high from shooting Suboxone is worth never being able to inject heroin ever again, because I promise you if you keep shooting tablets they will destroy your veins till you can't get that flash of blood anywhere on your body - ahugend then that beautiful IV rush of heroin? Unavailable to you, forever. Is the shitty meager at best "rush" of shooting Suboxone worth never being able to IV heroin again for the rest of your life? Think about it, friend.

Besides the unnecessary condescending tone, legal discussion isn't permitted unless it's purely HR related (e.g. don't drive high...). What use was that post?

HR content - injecting any material is unsafe, bupe more than others like pure dope or wheel filtered ir oxy. Use subligually, there's an "alcohol method" you can search for here that might help stretch a supply to last longer if that was the goal in IV-ing it. Otherwise just take as directed but the prescribing physician. Street scored? Then look it up online please.

Edit: nobody's going to prison for loading rigs with bupe, if anything it's for loading rigs period, material aside, but really- prison? Maybe in your country, not mine. This is one excellent reason why we don't allow legal advice / discussion, posters and readers are from every corner and jurisdiction on earth.

Last edited:
Ikr...he's not getting it from a doctor so once it gets in his hands it's illegal,lol. BUT, if your going to do this do it safely...pill or strips? I've done the strips like this to save for the most part(because I still go on little vaycays without having to stop taking Subs and wait 3/4 days, get more of a glow, and did I mention save a shit-ton?) All my veins seem to be fine, cept one, which I'm pretty sure of stabbing myself with dull as hell needles WHILE also using the same spot EVERYTIME, but it still works...use micron filters if you have, if you don't just filter a few times(though a micron is still better!!!) Ummm..rottate. Oh, don't go over 2mg in a shot, it might take a while but start with 1mg every 12 hours, maybe less, or 2mg if you need that at first.

Edit: I do need to stop doing this, it makes me look forward to the dose cuz of the prepping, plus more of a buzz, it kinda got me into taking benzo's more to...but ya, if your gonna do it just rotate, new rig, micron(if you got, filter multiple times if you do not) AND BE CAREFULE NOT TO MISS!!!! I'ts hard as fuck to miss because you WILL know when your out, it burns, so go slow.

Last edited:

Suboxone is a legal medication when prescribed for opiate dependence by a medical professional and when used as directed. When you crush that sub up, cook it, filter it, and draw it into a syringe - when you prepare it for injection - that Suboxone immediately becomes ILLEGAL. You are actually BRAKING THE LAW by doing this!! Yes, when you have that tablet in your hand, as long as it's prescribed, it's totally legal, but when you prepare it for injection it INSTANTLY becomes COMPLETELY ILLEGAL/WRONG. You are COMMITTING A CRIMINAL OFFENCE preparing Suboxone for injection. I don't mean to scare you here, but I don't think you fully grasp the consequences of what you're doing. You may think I'm lying, but I urge you to look it up yourself and you will see that whenever Suboxone is taken in a way that it IS NOT PRESCRIBED FOR, it stops being covered as an exception to the misuse of drugs act, and therefore becomes ILLEGAL. Now, you may think it's illegal in the same way writing on money is illegal, but you would be completely wrong. It becomes JUST as illegal as HEROIN, and as soon as you prep that tablet for injection, you are then COMMITTING A CRIMINAL OFFENCE, for which you can be ARRESTED, PROSECUTED and then THROWN INTO PRISON. This on top of the horrible side effects of shooting Suboxone - I mean dude, even if you don't care about your health particularly, there's no faster way to fuck your veins up, so next time you're tempted to do Suboxone ask yourself if it's not only worth BREAKING THE LAW and potentially GOING TO PRISON, but if the high from shooting Suboxone is worth never being able to inject heroin ever again, because I promise you if you keep shooting tablets they will destroy your veins till you can't get that flash of blood anywhere on your body - and then that beautiful IV rush of heroin? Unavailable to you, forever. Is the shitty meager at best "rush" of shooting Suboxone worth never being able to IV heroin again for the rest of your life? Think about it, friend.
Um you do realize you are talking to someone that just stated they were a heroin addict? I don't think telling them that injecting a sub is illegal is gonna scare them !

As stated above there is no benefit to injecting suboxone, no rush and it works the best when taken sublingually as instructed. I know this because I used to do it.

You need to wait until you're starting to get dope sick to dose or you will get precipitated WDs. The usual timeframe is 24 to 48 hours after your last dose of opiates.

again dude, its a complete mind game. you can think what you want, but you are wrong here. believe me, I've been down this road a million and one times, and now that I am officially away from the needle, and dope/junkie days, I look back and see the mistakes made and the crazy thoughts I once had. and I am sure someone will come here and say I AM WRONG and go w/ your idea but its all the same, man! actually, you are WASTING MORE SUBOXONE WHEN SHOOTING/SNIFFING rather than going about it the normal way, man.

think/say what you want, I've been there, I've done that, many many times, and now look back and realize it was a mistake.

I dunno about wasting your subs by banging them...I mean, I can make a 8mg last 8 days, usually 6/7... I should have like 4 Subs left, but I have 3 boxes left because of this. Now I'm not saying do it, but I'm just saying, you can really stretch out your supply of this overpriced medicine if have no problem with shooting(please don't start if you haven't). But people say there is no use for IV Bupe, but they do have it in hospital settings, unlike say Oxycodone(or maybe they do have IV oxy I dunno). Captain H shot his bupe the whole time he was on maintaince, did it properly with wheel filters and all that...but IMO, there are advantaages to IV Bupe, al little glow when your doses are low, stretching out a months supply to last you months and months, hell, if you get one script for 16mg a day, that could last you a year probly...But I dunno, really don't reccomend it even though I do it, just saying I see why people do do it. Forgot what country but(switzerland..finland, can't remember) but IV bupe seems to be their oxy epidemic, that documentry whatever it's called...escape from santaland

again dude, its a complete mind game. you can think what you want, but you are wrong here. believe me, I've been down this road a million and one times, and now that I am officially away from the needle, and dope/junkie days, I look back and see the mistakes made and the crazy thoughts I once had. and I am sure someone will come here and say I AM WRONG and go w/ your idea but its all the same, man! actually, you are WASTING MORE SUBOXONE WHEN SHOOTING/SNIFFING rather than going about it the normal way, man.

think/say what you want, I've been there, I've done that, many many times, and now look back and realize it was a mistake.

Um... no you aren't. Bioavailability is 98-100% IV, how are other ROAs possibly beating that? Your argument makes no sense.

That's pretty basic and nothing you can say is going to make your what you say valid. On average you are getting 60-70% more buprenorphine in your system by IVing it versus taking it sublingually. And it's oral BA is even worse. Snorting it will beat both sublingual and oral.

What in the hell? Why are you even saying this shit. A bombshell? How is someone with 800+ posts on this forum making a post like this. I just don't understand why the fuck you'd bother mentioning anything regarding legality. This person BOUGHT the suboxone, that itself is already illegal. Who the fuck cares about legality, we are on a drug forum for HR discussion. 99% of the drug use on here is probably illegal.

I dunno about wasting your subs by banging them...I mean, I can make a 8mg last 8 days, usually 6/7... I should have like 4 Subs left, but I have 3 boxes left because of this. Now I'm not saying do it, but I'm just saying, you can really stretch out your supply of this overpriced medicine if have no problem with shooting(please don't start if you haven't). But people say there is no use for IV Bupe, but they do have it in hospital settings, unlike say Oxycodone(or maybe they do have IV oxy I dunno). Captain H shot his bupe the whole time he was on maintaince, did it properly with wheel filters and all that...but IMO, there are advantaages to IV Bupe, al little glow when your doses are low, stretching out a months supply to last you months and months, hell, if you get one script for 16mg a day, that could last you a year probly...But I dunno, really don't reccomend it even though I do it, just saying I see why people do do it. Forgot what country but(switzerland..finland, can't remember) but IV bupe seems to be their oxy epidemic, that documentry whatever it's called...escape from santaland
Yeah I can't say if IVing it is better or not I've just taken it orally but will say if you are taking subs to quit dope quitting the needle needs to go as well. Skull I'm not saying you were promoting people to use needles I'm just stating using that rig might have been the toughest part of my heroin addiction to quit. I'd shoot up all kinds of stupid shit and I think quitting the needle is just as(or maybe more) difficult in quitting H as the H itself!

Um... no you aren't. Bioavailability is 98-100% IV, how are other ROAs possibly beating that? Your argument makes no sense.

That's pretty basic and nothing you can say is going to make your what you say valid. On average you are getting 60-70% more buprenorphine in your system by IVing it versus taking it sublingually. And it's oral BA is even worse. Snorting it will beat both sublingual and oral.

you can think what you want, but thats IF you get off a clean shot, and its NOT easy w/ suboxone. also, even when you get more bupe into the system, it is not playing the same type game/lasting as long as if you were to take it sublingual. its two totally different ways to take the drug which result in different results.

argument makes perfect sense because sense because I've done it many times myself.

but if you are a pin lover, then go shoot it and say what you want. I've done it and it got me no where. and I dont think anyone who is trying to leave dope and is still using a pin will be able to truly wrap up their case w/ dope.

you can think what you want, but thats IF you get off a clean shot, and its NOT easy w/ suboxone. also, even when you get more bupe into the system, it is not playing the same type game/lasting as long as if you were to take it sublingual. its two totally different ways to take the drug which result in different results.

argument makes perfect sense because sense because I've done it many times myself.

but if you are a pin lover, then go shoot it and say what you want. I've done it and it got me no where. and I dont think anyone who is trying to leave dope and is still using a pin will be able to truly wrap up their case w/ dope.

I'm not advocating shooting buprenorphine, but if done correctly and safely, it's better than any other ROA. Especially if dosed under ~2mg, then norbuprenorphine is going to be the active metabolite at your receptors.

Anyone I know who has shot up buprenorphine will actually nod the fuck out from Iving it, but not so much from other ROAs.

It's still going to have a long duration regardless, it's buprenorphine. I'd rather get 99% of the 1mg I IV, then take 2mg sublingual and only absorb ~.6mg

The nodding has never happened to me, maybe because when I first started it I took 8-16mg daily the first 6 month or so under the tounge, then went to plugging, then to this Roa of administration for pretty much a year now, except for the odd times I couldn't do it. I also CANT seem to get below 2mg a day which I have heard is when the real action starts(i mean don't execpt rushes and nodding everywhere unless you have a LOW Tolerance, (say 20-30mg Oxy, 1mg injected would have you drooling prolbly, add a benzo and maybe dead). The only way I got to nodding and drooling was mixing Gabageric drugs with it...example: take dose of bupe usually 1-1.5mg, if xanax/valium hold dose under tounge while prepareing. If Klonopin hold dose under tounge 30 mins before doing the bupe. Doses 4-8mg xanax klonopin, sometimes more/valium-40-60mg. The Gabapentin would be takin a few hours before the bupe..2-3 grams staggered and benzos takin when I felt the Gaba kick in...Now I'm not doing this as much or really at all anymore, it lead to some HAZY Days I can't remember shit(of course). If I added weed then the nod would go out of control where I would try to keep my head up in front of other people but couldn't. I do not reccomend this, especially if you have no tolerance or a low one, it will probly kill you. But, ya, only way I was able to catch nods on Subs.. Takes usually 200-240mg Oxy with a couple mg of xanax to nod, which I know is considered low to some people here which is crazy.(well,not really...)