• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting SUBOXONE

to bluntly answer your question. take 1-8 mg of suboxone film or tablet. dissolve in 30-60 units water. stir well with a toothpick or other sanitary stir.... please... sterilize with alcohol. anyway. then drop large cotton or attach micron filter and draw into your syringe. then prep and inject yourself. that is the most basic and unsafe way to do it. i am an idiot and did it with 50 mg geltabs disected and filtered. this causes serious health risks and can prove fatal. in all seriousness abuse at your own risk.

I've read some horror stories here on BL about injecting Suboxone specifically.

If I remember correctly, people lost fingers and limbs. Be careful.

Re: IVing suboxone causing precipitated withdrawals when you have no other opiates/opioids in your system. I started this thread to help stop the myth that it causes precipitated withdrawals. I kinda wish that thread got some more replies since I believe there was someone that did experience them, so more replies would really help get to the bottom of it. For the record I have IV'd suboxone and never experienced precipitated withdrawals. It's not something that I do often though since I prefer the longer duration of sublingual administration and I take the drug to help with withdrawals, so IVing is not in my best interest, especially considering the dangers of it, and I like to use micron filters sparingly so I rarely IV and the supply will last a lot longer.

I've read some horror stories here on BL about injecting Suboxone specifically.

If I remember correctly, people lost fingers and limbs. Be careful.

You may have seen this in the Case Studies thread. It's a must read for anybody that IVs their drugs and thinks that it's safe because nothing has happened to them yet.

I don't understand why anyone would want to IV subs..this doesn't add any advantages or benefits, does it? I mean the only thing I can think of is your body will absorb more of it but what's the point if it works taking it sublingual? Or does it give you some sort of buzz or high? Ive never gotten high from subs (been getting them for over a year) but I know one friend of mine who did, but he was an idiot (not for saying he got high, just in general an idiot). If you are IVing it to get a buzz or get high you might as well just do dope, I'm sure it will get u much higher.

IVing subs is going backwards in my opinion. If you been clean and are trying to stay clean, pulling out the needles that use to get U high will eventually lead to shooting up other stuff.

Some people happen to have access to suboxone and nothing else, which is why they abuse it. I am not saying that to justify their actions, but just to explain why it is done.

I agree that people should stick to sublingual use of suboxone, especially if they are using it for maintenance. The only times I have IV'd it were when I had less than 1mg, and knew that IVing it would be the only way for it to work for me, and I still regretted it since I really don't like to IV drugs. If you are going to take it any other way than prescribed, then I would suggest intranasal administration since it has a higher BA than sublingual, but doing this regularly can cause complications, so it should not be done regularly.

I feel like sublingual is best since all other methods more potent = bigger tolerance = more of a bitch to come off in the long run... buprenorphine when used properly is an amazing tool for getting rid of opiate dependance.

You may have seen this in the Case Studies thread. It's a must read for anybody that IVs their drugs and thinks that it's safe because nothing has happened to them yet.

Yep, that was it. Fucked up shit. Dont shoot up subs, theres a lot reports in there about what can happen....god damn lol.

Be careful peeps, jesus christ. Is it worth it to iv some SUBOXONE? its not even that great a drug...

I injects suboxone cause I has a fuckin huge drug problem, had nearly 6 years clean but relapsed now can't stop. I blast every drug that is soluble in water....I is going back to rehab but when I does inject this nasty shit I filters it and does it via hygienic methods. I have a post on safe iv suboxone without micron filtering to those who wish to partake in such insane activity as safely as possible. Check out my post on page 34 on micron filtering/safe iv suboxone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these filters ok for IV suboxone?

Basically these are the only 0.1 micron filters that I can actually afford, they're called - Micron Syringe Filters 0.1µm 13mm, Sterilized, CellTreat 229740 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-Micron...lized-CellTreat-229740-1-0-10um-/251309390090) - no idea if they're ok or not? I've been using sterifilts before that which filter to 0.22, but I'm not confident they're filtering everything out of my suboxone.
Any advice would be most helpful.

Alright, I was switched to sub on tuesday, last dose of methadone was 41mg sunday. Somehow everyone yelling at me for no going lower to 30mg was wrong but I'm not posting to go neener-neener at anybody.

So here in canada suboxone is pretty so only brand name ones are available. I was thinking of just iv'ing a 2mg pill (my oral dose a day is 10mg..so far anyway, we'll see how that goes). So it's true the naloxone serves absolutely no purpose if you are clean of any other opioid and you can actually IV it no problem eh? All evidence I read so far indicates so, i'm most likely totally clean of methadone right now since I didn't have any precipitated withdrawal.

The box says inactive ingredients go like this : lactose (just like my previous doc, brand name Dilaudid..), acesulfame potassium (sounds like that fake sugar shit in pepsi), citric acid anyhdrous (that's why it tastes like Mr.Clean sublingually...), magnesium stearate (the other safe inactive in Dilaudid), maize starch...ugh, dont like the sound of that , mannitol, natural lemon and lime flavour, povidone K30 (no idea wth that is, will research) and sodium citrate.....so far it all seems like things that will not cause danger except for this povidone K30...I have SteriFilts here, they are made to shoot up pills among other things ( I think it can even work with crack), wouldn't know.

I'm gonna do a little more research and then wait for some posts here and see. I just want to do this right now and not think of it any time later....lets say the external patient meth to bupe switch has made me very tired and I'm sick of the whole world right now I just want to go on a pause...if it's worth it.

Sounds like you're going to do it regardless so my only suggestion is to employ every piece of HR advice you can find on the subject. And god help you if the methadone is still attached to a receptor site. The naloxone becomes active when IV'd.

I did it but 2mg might be too much, I remember that less is more with bupe...as with Temgesic .2mg pills are kinda well regarded...it didn't do much, I felt really weak and went to bed and the afternoon flew by. Now, if i manage to shoot up a quarter of a half of a 2mg pill which has .5mg of naloxone it....meaning it would have .25 of naloxone in it /4 =6,5 naloxone for .2mg bupe so as to get the norbupe...

I'm not gonna do anything like that again if it doesn't do anything good, I'm stil committed to staying "clean". It's just that so far I feel very little of a high when used orally compared to methadone, I expected that by the way.

If this works in the evening when I attempt to shoot up .25mg of bupe I'll tell of whatever happens. I have SteriFilts, if you don't know what they are...they're even better than micron-filters.

Oh shit it did work....why do people aim at shooting things like 8mg and worse 16 like I read here, the less the better with bupe, remember it's dosages for painkilling....it's because of the norbupe getting a chance.

This is no way as euphoric as my previous doc Dilaudid but it does the job, I have this silly face and my body feels good.

Only have 2 more needles left and getting some is a complicated long mess around here, so I'll manage not to screw up therapy ( I did cheat with dilaudid during my methadone times...it became unavailable later on so fuck it).

Not saying anyone should do this, but I think it counts as HR to tell people not to shoot up large amounts of pill matter for that bupe to work IV....remember Temgesic pills have .2mg...BuTrans pathes have .125 and .250 if I remember well.

I did it once a few years ago and it didn't feel the same as subutex, though I didn't go into withdrawals; I'm really not sure why, I can't explain it. BTW be careful to filter it- I didn't and my lungs are bad.

I don't understand why anyone would want to IV subs..this doesn't add any advantages or benefits, does it? I mean the only thing I can think of is your body will absorb more of it but what's the point if it works taking it sublingual? Or does it give you some sort of buzz or high? Ive never gotten high from subs (been getting them for over a year) but I know one friend of mine who did, but he was an idiot (not for saying he got high, just in general an idiot). If you are IVing it to get a buzz or get high you might as well just do dope, I'm sure it will get u much higher.

IVing subs is going backwards in my opinion. If you been clean and are trying to stay clean, pulling out the needles that use to get U high will eventually lead to shooting up other stuff.

This is not true for most cases.

Ask captain heroin...

I did it once a few years ago and it didn't feel the same as subutex, though I didn't go into withdrawals; I'm really not sure why, I can't explain it. BTW be careful to filter it- I didn't and my lungs are bad.

Yup yup, I have SteriFilts, these things are great.

I did it but 2mg might be too much, I remember that less is more with bupe...as with Temgesic .2mg pills are kinda well regarded...it didn't do much, I felt really weak and went to bed and the afternoon flew by. Now, if i manage to shoot up a quarter of a half of a 2mg pill which has .5mg of naloxone it....meaning it would have .25 of naloxone in it /4 =6,5 naloxone for .2mg bupe so as to get the norbupe...

I'm not gonna do anything like that again if it doesn't do anything good, I'm stil committed to staying "clean". It's just that so far I feel very little of a high when used orally compared to methadone, I expected that by the way.

If this works in the evening when I attempt to shoot up .25mg of bupe I'll tell of whatever happens. I have SteriFilts, if you don't know what they are...they're even better than micron-filters.

When you say orally I hope you mean sublingually (dissolve under tongue) because if you are taking it orally you are wasting even more of it. Also, if you are wondering about precipitated withdrawals from IVing it check out this thread, which you can probably contribute to at this point.

When you say orally I hope you mean sublingually (dissolve under tongue) because if you are taking it orally you are wasting even more of it. Also, if you are wondering about precipitated withdrawals from IVing it check out this thread, which you can probably contribute to at this point.

Thanks Hélène! jk but that was my nurse when i did the swith from methadone to suboxone outpatient. I was literally trained...it's really hard to have something under your tongue dissolving creating saliva and having not to swallow it.

As for my little experiments...i'm over with them, it's either that I can't be satisfied with an IV shot without it being dilaudid/morphine or that bupe IV'd just isn't that different from the other ways of intake.

Nasally....it brought me up to you know that place where full agonists bring you when you take a bit too much and feel irritated/nauseous? So that's another method i'm scratching from the list, I felt like that for hours, because I never ended up puking.

10mg a day is where I seem to be comfortable. I barely ever feel high though which is hard to get used to, 41mg of methadone wasnt enough for 24 hours but still had a warmth this does not have. I feel uber sober, unless i abuse my benzos which is never a good idea (those situations when you can't refill and just watch your sanity fly by as the days goes by leaving you a shaking neurotic mess when comes refill time...I've known too many of these situations, which is why I stock up on etizolam (its not warm like my valium and xanax but it does the trick) and etaqualone =D.... which I find people in the etaqualone thread rather underevaluate or say it is crap on purpose so it doesn't disappear anytime soon...anyway that one ain't cheap

e: I don't know how I can contribute to the precipitated wd thread as I didn't have them...48 hours without methadone turned out to be well enough, at 41mg too, nevermind all the cries of YOU MUST DO IT AT 30mg IT SAYS IT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BOX. I was already rapidly metabolizing the thing and 41mg held me for 12 hours, and benzos held me for the other 12...

Last edited:
THE_REAL_OBLIVION, I can appreciate your desire to experiment with different methods of administration, but your desire to get high is disconcerting. If you want to get high still why not get back on a full agonist? Bupe is for those looking to leave the 'get high' scene and transition into a sense of normalcy without experiencing withdrawal. You'll be quite disappointed if you are attempting to do more than that.