• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting SUBOXONE

rallynug

Bluelighter
Ok firstly I'm not sure what the deal is with the mega threads, I would think this belongs there really but dont know whether i need to start there or it gets added...

Either way I have been trawling through this and other sites for well over 2hrs now and still am not getting the answers I need, hopefully someone can help :)

I am taking suboxone sublingual and would like some safe advice on IVing it. I have heard so much info but it all ends up contradicting itself!

Please can someone give me the do's and dont's so I dont end up cacking this up, areas of interest are:

a) preparing solution for injecting

b) dosage (for someone who is taking it as a maintenance dose)

c) any other sensible must knows...

Injection of suboxone (or any type of pills) is not recommended because the fillers will get stuck in your circulatory system leading to a slew of possible short and long-term health effects. If you must, crush to a powder, dissolve in a minimal amount of water say 0.5mL. Filter thru cottons twice (to get the gunk out that may clog your wheel filter) and then filter twice through wheel micron filters (you can acquire these online, 0.22 size is recommended). Do not heat the solution at any point, if things arent dissolving wait a few minutes and restir.

When injecting buprenorphine biovailability is 100%. Sublingual it is ~30%. Insufflated it is 60%.

Do not inject, if you must then sniff your pill -more will be absorbed. However I prefer using the strips sublingually. It just isn't worth negative long-term health risks.

I'm not exactly the best person to consult on this as two times of trying buprenorphine settled the fact that I assess it to have 0 recreational value.

However, you should be aware that Suboxone contains naloxone - a competitive antagonist with very high binding affinity at the μ-receptor, high enough to displace most commonly used opioids - this means that if you are tolerant to/dependant on opioids, you may experience almost immediate opioid withdrawal, as the naloxone binds more strongly to the receptor than most other drugs.

I'm not exactly sure on this bit, but if I've understood correctly, buprenorphine itself has higher affinity still than naloxone, so if you are not tolerant to or using other opioids, the naloxone should not be an issue. If you are, then... You may find yourself suddenly feeling inexplicably but undeniably shitty.

Other than that, careful filtering is an essential harm reduction stop towards reducing your risks.

The naloxone is most active in IV bupe than any orther roa. People say and I'm guessing so does the manufacturer that this change in bioavailability of naloxone is supposed to send a dependent person into WD and render the bupe useless at least until the naloxone wears off as it has a muchmuch shorter period of activity (half-life) than bupe. I however have iv'd it and it didn't send me into WD even tho I was sub dependent. But others disagree. Orally the naloxone is least effective so u would be getting the most recreational value that way hypothetically.

^thats not true, because orally buprenorphine is pretty inactive as well, unless you're refering to sublingual use. The fact is that the naloxone has a lower affinity to opiate receptors than buprenorphine does, meaning the bupe always beats the naloxone. BUPE is what causes precipitated withdrawals, not the naloxone in suboxone.

Just ask yourself. Why would it be fine to sniff suboxone but not inject it?? Naloxone comes in forms that are administered nasally.

Sorry I did mean sublingual lol my bad
And I'm aware it's the bupe that causes the pwd. Naloxone is only a part responsible. I'm just saying its a theory. Not saying my experience hasn't showed me it really doesn't matter ...

No, I apologize, I'm in a foul mood, I didn't mean to come off so righteous. It is true some people seem to be very sensitive to the naloxone and experience horrible effects from it. However it seems to be a mass minority.

I have been injecting suboxone (pills/strips/subutex) for over a year, everyday, at least 3 times a day. I can tell you that out of the times I've been doing this on a daily basis, the ONLY time I've went into instant withdrawal was the first time I tried it, and it was because I had oxycodone lingering on my receptors still. The Naloxone DOES NOT put you into immediate withdrawal like someone said, it is the opiates that are on your receptors, and the bupe rips off whatever opiates are on your receptors, causing instant WD.

But like I said I've Been injecting sub for a pretty long time now, and I haven't had any adverse effects at all.

As a daily sub user myself I am curious about the IV route. I normally plug or snort my subs, and have been doing so for around 3 months now. I think the OP and myself would be curious to know how a sudden switch to the IV route would feel for someone who's already on bupe maintenance.

Also, there's tons of info about micron filtering in the mega thread, which specifically covers IV bupe preperation. Captain Heroin did a step by step tutorial I believe.

If you're expecting an real euphoria or high, you're going to be really disappointed. At best, depending on your tolerence, etc, IV bupe in low doses gives a slight warmth and feeling.. but IMO, it really isn't worth the trauma injecting it into your veins causes. Though if you are going to do it, following Captain's guide here is the best way.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/481622-Micron-Filtering-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ

It's not worth it. If you want to get high then do a minute amount of bupe daily and use full agonist opiates for when you want to get the warm fuzzies. That's what I do. Works reasonably well. Shooting bupe just has no benefit. I tried plenty of times, low dose, high dose, and nothing. Just meh... Not worth the risks and tracks.

No, I apologize, I'm in a foul mood, I didn't mean to come off so righteous. It is true some people seem to be very sensitive to the naloxone and experience horrible effects from it. However it seems to be a mass minority.

Mass minority? Naloxone is an opioid inverse agonist. It's commonly known as Narcan. It's used to cancel out the effects of opiates and opiods and will send any addict or anyone on opiod maintenance into instant withdrawal and will cause a non addict who might have overdosed to return to normal.

Suboxone when injected will cause you to go into withdrawal. Subutex however, will not. I think you are confusing the two.

Mass minority? Naloxone is an opioid inverse agonist. It's commonly known as Narcan. It's used to cancel out the effects of opiates and opiods and will send any addict or anyone on opiod maintenance into instant withdrawal and will cause a non addict who might have overdosed to return to normal.

Suboxone when injected will cause you to go into withdrawal. Subutex however, will not. I think you are confusing the two.

No, this is incorrect. What the guy you quoted said was correct. Except for a minority of people, suboxone and subutex are essentially the same thing. It's the bupe itself that causes the precipitated withdrawal.

It is possible to experience precipitated withdrawals from the naloxone itself if you inject a high enough dose, since bupe has dimnished returns and an eventual ceiling dose. Don't inject above 4 - 6mg.

I (rather foolishly, I admit) injected my 24mg daily dose after being reassured again and again that there's no way the naloxone could overpower the buprenorphine, only to be thrust into the most intense and painful withdrawals of my life. I tried it again at I think 8mg, and while it was much less intense I still underwent noticeable opiate withdrawal. So if you're going to inject suboxone, keep the dose low.

Contact Captain Heroin lmfao.

No but, I wouldn't just plug it like I have everyday for 4+ years. Best way.

Nah z wasn't confusing the two. There is a theory that the naloxone causes pwd when injected it's just that most people nod this isn't the case. It's a theory not a fact lol

Hmm, i injected suboxone for 3 years in the safest possible way I could manage and I can safely say you have no idea what you're talking about. Being that it is pretty obvious, I'm not sure why you decided to chime in. If the person is on a maintenance dose of buprenorphine, and they use an equivalent dosage to sublingual, there is no way this person will be sent into withdrawal.

To the OP, injecting is not a safe way to dose pills, it just isn't. There is no 100% safe way to do this, but the safest way I know of is to buy some 0.2um micron filters and prepare a solution of suboxone in a large syringe and micron filter it into a sterile vial using bacteriostatic water. I had no problems doing this for 3 years, and there is even a thread set up how to do this safely by Captain Heroin I believe.

Guido come on ur a mod here, misinformation is not healthy dawg. It has been said over and oveor that the naloxone has no effect in the suboxone preperation, making it effectively the same as subutex. Buprenorphine is responsible for all precipitated withdrawal occuring. Naloxone is added as a deterrant to injection even though there is no effect - since buprenorphine has a stronger affinity for the receptors.