• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Injecting Suboxone (buprenorphine)/Naloxone

Though this topic has been covered thoroughly in other threads in OD, I'll let this remain open, as it has a slight spin on a very stale subject, and interests me as well.

Anyway-after reading the original post, I immediately scrolled down to reply, so if some of my answers seem redundant to other posters, that is the reason.

Recently I slipped up, and the way it started actually was suboxone. I had been taking kratom, but my family started pressuring me to use the subs again, so I went back on the strips. I have been off and on Suboxone many times over the course of quite a few years, and have shot it in the past. I didn't remember thinking shooting subs as being anything that remarkable, when I was in my very early 20s (I'm 28 now) I had gotten into the habit of doing it for about 9 months straight. I don't really think of myself as someone with a 'needle fixation' really-that term would have deemed appropriate back in the early days of getting high-but when I made the decision to get some syringes to shoot up my Subs, it was more of an issue of 'control' that steered me to start using drugs intravenously again. I suppose that there is a lot going on in my life right now that is out of my control, like the fact that my dad has stage IV lung cancer, and other, smaller issues...The reason I decided to use it IV this most recent time, was because I had this idea that shooting the subs would make me feel better-even if it was a placebo, I didn't really care. Not to mention, it had been about 5 months since I'd last used a needle.

The results, THIS time around, were incredibly underwhelming. Yes there is something small, light, and reminiscent of a 'rush', but it's really barely noticeable. The only difference is that I'd get well within a few minutes, as opposed to the 45min-1hr that Bupe normally takes to kick in Sublingually. The only thing that slipping up like this did, was ultimately make me crave something closer to the real thing.

In all aspects, save for onset, I find IV to be one of the least convenient ROA to take Buprenorphine. One huge issue with it is that (assuming you're converting your dosages from the 30% BA of SL, to IV, 100%) when shooting subs, they wear off so much faster. This last time around I was doing about 6 .3-.5mg shots (and admittedly, those dosages were probably too high...IV Bupe is most effective when you're shooting 1mg and under/day) within the 14-15 hour period of time that I'd be awake. That's almost as many shots as I would do with heroin during a day!

To be fair, it's possible also that my tolerance was a bit too high to appreciate the effects-I had been taking quite a bit of kratom for months and the 2 weeks prior to IVing the Bupe, I'd been taking about 5mg/day. I do remember a long time ago, probably 6 years now, when I had tapered myself down to a little under a mg of Suboxone a day (sublingually), and I did a .6mg shot and nodded out. However, even then I remember thinking that I would have probably gotten the same results if I had taken the equivalent dosage sublingually (which would be 2mg).

Anyway-I apologize that this post is a bit all over the place.

To wrap it up, I really wouldn't recommend anyone doing this, because if for no better reason, you'll be let down. There are some drugs that are great administered intravenously, but IMO, Buprenorphine isn't one of those. Similarly, if you're on a dose like 8-16mg, you really can't expect to get anything out of shooting it, as at that point you're probably far past the ceiling. Like I sort of touched on earlier, the best way to get positive effects from IV Buprenorphine is if you're on a very low dose (Sublingually). At 2mg, it will work much better than at 4mg. But really this goes for all ROA in regards to Subs-less is more. Furthermore-if anyone is considering switching to IV for financial reasons, I would highly suggest looking into the Alchohol/Buprenorphine method for sublingual admin. Honestly, IMO using the alcohol/Bupe solution, second to IV, has the highest BA, topping rectal admin and intranasal. It's also consistent

Thank you for keeping this thread open I also find it interesting and feel it should also be open for discussion due to all the subjects covered and discussed. Thanks again

benzo buddy: I have never done the alcohol method but have heard it does work a lot better than just taking it sublingually by itself through some of my friends who have done it that way. Surprisingly most of my veins are ok, not perfect like I was before I started to IV but as much as I do it they aren't too bad. knock on wood! I just cant get that feeling I get from bupe with any other ROA but IV anymore. I am more addicted to bupe than I ever was to actual opioids mainly because I am prescribed it and never have to go out and blow money and chase my connects all over the place to get it. its just easier. I used to hate sub before I tried sniffing it and found out it actually felt really good especially with my kpins. now I cant get enough of it. i went from being addicted to just opioids to being a poly-drug addict..

Thats good you havent had much vein damage. I IVed some today about 1mg no problems or damage. But didnt get much results...

But anyways i also am a benzo user actually got a pretty bad habbit currently but soon to taper off all my current benzos. But I am going to have to stay on the phenobarbital I am prescribed, due to mental illness, and boderline epilepsy.

I finally realized benzos due nothing but get me high, i still had seizures on benzos and no phenobarbital and i was taking about close to 6mgs of xanax a day prescribe of course not at that dosage and along with klonopin about 3-4mgs also a day was prescribed 2mgs daily and xanax 3mgs a day.

Now also i learned klonopin doesnt do shit for me but actually make me more agitated and manic. Horrible drug... For me at least. I was hospitalized once coming off klonopin and xanax together cold turkey i ate all mine and couldn't get them in the streets. I was hallucinating and my wife had to call 911 i could not stop vomiting either untill finally in the ambulance they hit me with IV ativan. Horrific exp. Never go cold turkey from benzos pluss i was so disassociated with life, they wanted to put me in the mental ward but thankfully my wife would not let that happen! And i got realesed with a small amount of xanax pills. Well a script to go get the pills... Long story short terrible exp. Also HARM REDUCTION: NEVER just quit benzodiazepines if you have been takin this medication for around 3-4weeks and up of course!

Currently i am prescribed the phenobarbital and thats all i want and need besides the other mental health drugs im on like remeron.

And xanax 1mg 3times daily but soon to taper off this...

Before the phenobarbital i was prescribed Suboxone 16mgs a day still am but dont take that much of course, Xanax 1mg 3times a day and Klonopin 1mg twice daily and ambien 10 or 15 mgs at night. Plus remeron and sometimes serquel.

But i want off all of that and phenobarbital really helps me soo much its a miracle drug for me!

Peace.