• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting Sublingual Strips

hopemlove33

Greenlighter
I have a question regarding injecting sublingual buprenorphine strips. What is the smallest needle required to inject the strips? A professional I have contact with is convinced that you can only use a 14 gauge needle to inject and I do not agree with her. That seems like a very large needle and my experience has been that individuals inject with smaller needles (25-28 gauge). What have people's experiences been?

Use whatever size needle you regularly use. A bigger needle will deform less with each use, but you really shouldnt use a needle more than once.

The individual I talked to said you can ONLY inject sublingual buprenorphine with a 14 gauge needle. I'm assuming this isn't true.

You are correct that is not true. I havw no idea where this person got that idea, maybw they only have 14gauge needles and were trying to trick you into buying some so they can buy more smack.
Not unheard of for an addict to lie

14 gauge needles are fuarking massive. It would be retarded to use a needle that size for injection of anything, and it would also probably fuck your veins up really fast.

14g needles/catheters are known as "trauma lines" in medicine. When people come in who have lost a lot of blood, the large bore of the line enables the rapid resupply of blood, fluids and electrolytes. I can't imagine why anyone would suggest a 14g needle. If they're implying that the buprenorphine is too large to fit through a normal insulin set (~28g) unchanged, they're mistaken. I know next to nothing about organic chemistry, but even I know this isn't true.

Can one not just dissolve the strip - like it's designed to - filter and shoot?