• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting pills; should I use sodium citrate and/or citric acid?

avcpl

Bluelighter
The plan is to boil filtered water, let it cool, dissolve my Dilaudid pill, and then filter with a Sterifilt filter.

I noticed that the info for ampules of Dilaudid say they contain: "0.2% sodium citrate and 0.2% citric acid solution"

Should I get my water to that concentration of both of those before boiling? or is it not necessary? what are the benefits?

Thanks!!

Dilaudid in itself is extremely water soluble and its really unnesesary to boil the pill, usually the binders and fillers have a lower melting point so hence boiling a pill will just mix that shit together.
I stopped shooting pills toward the end of highschool, but honestly for hydromorphone i would just use 30cc of cold water and filted it through a micron filter or if you dont have one filter it through cotten until its completely clear. But if i were you id quit shooting pills thats the fast road to permanet destruction to your body

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply! The boiling of the water was just to sterilize it.

I was planning on using a Sterifilt filter, which I thought was fine enough to filter out all the binders and stuff (it's a 10 ?m pore size filter).

Does anyone have any experience with using these filters with pills? Is it relatively safe?

The sodium citrate and citric acid are used to adjust Ph of the solution btw. The won't cause any harm to my knowledge and trying to filter them out isn't needed.

The sodium citrate and citric acid are used to adjust Ph of the solution btw. The won't cause any harm to my knowledge and trying to filter them out isn't needed.

Sorry I completely zoned out and started typing random stuff. What I was going to say was: The sodium citrate and citric acid are for Ph adjustment and there is really no need to try to get the filtered solution you have to the pharmaceutical company's specific SOPs. It might be useful if you plan on storing some of the solution for later use though. But for one pill you aren't really doing any harm by not adjusting the Ph. Many things are harder on the veins than even a cotton filtered dilaudid.

Sorry I completely zoned out and started typing random stuff. What I was going to say was: The sodium citrate and citric acid are for Ph adjustment and there is really no need to try to get the filtered solution you have to the pharmaceutical company's specific SOPs. It might be useful if you plan on storing some of the solution for later use though. But for one pill you aren't really doing any harm by not adjusting the Ph. Many things are harder on the veins than even a cotton filtered dilaudid.

Ahh, that makes sense. Many thanks.

I think the sodium citrate is used as a Ph adjuster and the citric acid is used as a preservative to be exact if I am not mistaken.

For IVing pills its generally a good idea to add more water so its less viscous

30ccs is a lot of water, go look at a 50ml syringe (hell they probably have 30ml syringes) and tell me you would want to use that much water. That's a whole tablespoon.

The only ingredients in a Dilaudid tablet are lactose and hydromorphone HCl, so no need to add any pH adjustment agent, everything should dissolve into cold water with no problem.