• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Injecting phenibut??

I really wanna try this stuff(no IV it). Didn't know this shit so easy to get till I just searched for it! Kinda lookin' for a benzo replacement since I'm on Subs, and if that pops up, and can just break out the bottle and be like "all I been taking are the vegetarian capsules for sleep, the Subs always gave me insomnia and my mom reccomended these!"lol.

^ works great as a benzo replacement (as far as anxiety relief and muscle relaxation goes) as long as you can get off the benzos and be out of wd (if you get them) before starting the phenibut.
I was juggling benzos and phenibut at the same time and lowering one made me need to raise the other, was a shitty predicament.
Try to be benzo free for a little (maybe a week) before starting it, as phenibut can also lower seizure threshold which can be dangerous if happening at the same time as stopping benzos which can leave you more susceptible to a seizure.. just to be on the safe side.

-HOOD

Don't take em' on a daily basis, just frequently and went on a bit of of a binge for 7 days that included 35 klonopin(1mg) 23 xanax(1mg) and I guese still having some klonopin in my system mad the mistake of takeing 70mg of Valium 2 1/2 weeks before my Sub appointment...Still feel the valium in fact, but am taking a break for a while after that.

Well to finalize my experience- next day w/ the IV; i'd say 1200-1400mg shots (in two shots, can't fit in a 1cc rig) is equal to 4-6g which totally knocks me out w/ horrible hangover. It did give me next day anxiety; that's about it. But likely b/c of lowered etizolam intake. Still had the effects of pushing out my need for my buprenorphine (which GABA-b agonists tend to do; baclofen DEFINITELY did this) but the very small amount of etizolam (well, relative to my previous dose) i'm using right now took care of morning anxiety that no problem. I nodded all night & am nodding now from about only 700mg phenibut, 7mg of etizolam, & 2mg of buprenorphine--all IVd. I don't know if its the synergetic effect or if there is a downregulatory action of phenibut on GABA-a receptors or not? But 7mg is extremely low for me I was so surprised it just got me by. But then again, i'm not using it now to get shits & giggles, just relief.

And yes, I NEED to get my hands on the free amino acid version ASAP; hopefully it'll come before the etizolam does so i can use it instead of the acid. so i can bang it w/o fucking my veins too much; i always immediately use ethanol wipes; then triple antibiotic cream; then small dabs on top of that w/ vitamin E+aloe vera & coca butter w/ a band aid. Before? my one most often used vein was non-noticeable using this technique; now having IV'd phenibut into it three or maybe four times? its red as hell & now i'm burning through rigs left & right (hour & half drive to our state's only needle exchange) having to reload constantly w/ my less used veins (ALWAYS fucking miss after i register lately? Especially in my other hand where my veins are less straight & curly- i'm not large? 170 lbs at 6'0"? I take for my bupe 2x daily, until i'm put on something more than 4mg/day--i'm gonna have to continue banging it; along w/ & 1-3x IV'ing etizolam ugh).. & i cannot register in my hands whatsoever (use 30 gauges, too)--i did it ONCE & that was it.

Yea, once i get the FAA version & the etizolam is back in stock (by wednesday, now--hopefully)--i'd just snort it; wouldn't continue IV'ing it--although I'd try it for the effects relative to the acidic version

(apologies for grammatical errors, if any, nodding out.. ready for bed.. thank you jebus for this phenibut b/c i'd be in straight psychotic benzo withdrawal now)

Last edited:
LOL @ this thread.. who the fuck injects phenibut..

B/c its at least 6 times more potent & gives nearly zero hangover, which was the point of the thread; not just to inject-for-injecting's purposes. Don't post if you don't have meaningful contribute, or i suppose you don't read whole threads.

take it in caps. it tastes like shit.

unless you cap grams of powder yourself, vitamin shoppe is crap compared to powder or pharmaceutical grade phenibut. Oral 4g was more than 15mg in your shitty "caps."

Anyway, as i stated & others have; I highly recommend the free amino acid version for IV purposes; if one intends to do this. Although i'd recommend not if you don't have to.

In another forum, IM'ing was used in the deltoid; however its my understanding you shouldn't really be injecting over 1mL of fluid there.

So i injected 1500mg into the thigh (which can handle around 4mL) & it worked beautifully. If it weren't for the pain lasting a ~12 hours--i would've used this option rather than IV'ing. But this was a godsend until my etizolam arrives tomorrow; it literally has tripled my supply & i'll enough to last till tomorrow even when my etizolam arrives. There's real no rush either way; a gradual onset over 10 minutes. IM'ing is just tougher/bit more painful.

take it from me.. a true dope JUNKIE and a Phenibut junkie as well.. DO NOT SHOOT THIS! I've TRIED before.

I shoot anywhere from .5 - 2G's of dope a day (depends on cash). I also take anywhere from 2-6G's of Phenibut a day; I've IV'd before and it was NOTHING NICE and did NOTHING FOR ME! you are much better off taking orally. yes, the tolerance builds quick and you become dependent quick, just like any Phenibut user will say, but you are ALWAYS BETTER OFF just taking orally! I just put the powder in my mouth and then take a quick sip of a drink and swallow!

do I think its that much better w/ dope? no, I honestly dont.. but it has helped w/ withdrawals before.

my friend shot phenibut but In Canada they are huge pills, and unless he had a huge syringe like 5 or 10cc then you probably will not be able to fit enough in the rig to get a good shot. Plus barbiturates are so damn dangerous for CNS depression that I think the chance of overdosing would be much much to high. Thats why they really dont prescribe then anymore because evenly orally they kill easily and fast, SO if you did manage to fit enough in a rig to get a good shot say around 1500-2000mgs the risk of death from passing out and chicking on vimit and such would be very high, This isnt a drug that should be injected.

my friend shot phenibut but In Canada they are huge pills, and unless he had a huge syringe like 5 or 10cc then you probably will not be able to fit enough in the rig to get a good shot. Plus barbiturates are so damn dangerous for CNS depression that I think the chance of overdosing would be much much to high. Thats why they really dont prescribe then anymore because evenly orally they kill easily and fast, SO if you did manage to fit enough in a rig to get a good shot say around 1500-2000mgs the risk of death from passing out and chicking on vimit and such would be very high, This isnt a drug that should be injected.

You really think they would sell 100g of phenibut over the counter, on ebay, on amazon, in stores, etc etc if it were a legal barbiturate??? LOL. phenibut is not a barbiturate. Barbiturate's bind at the proposed same picrotoxin/GABA-a subunits. & not at GABA-a receptors which do contain a & y BZP subtypes on the same unit, but obviously barbs bind to--tho not identical--similar GABA-a subunits, most likely (b i believe is an integral subunit).

Whereas phenibut is a GABA-b receptor is a G-coupled protein unlike GABA-a; which is ionotropic & doesn't really explain why there is some spill over to GABA-a, this molecule is quite unique. As noted, baclofen is a GABA-b agonist (which i found way more effective; especially in subutex dose reduction--i dropped my dose by 4mg to 2mg in a week w/o withdrawal, just didn't "need it").

Anyway, w/ a 2-6g oral tolerance i've injected over 1500mg both IM/IV which i do not suggest it whatsoever, but its to stretch out my etizolam supply & was temporary--and that it has done, by at least a factor of 3. No pain, aside from IM--you'll know if you miss just A LITTLE IV, we really need to explore RAO's of the free formed version- and its solubility, b/c allegedly not in water. I'd be curious if it's soluble in propylene glycol? & if propylene glycol will even absorb intramuscularly? i'm not even sure on that. But would only exlpore that one if the hangover is just as bad/worse w/ phenibut FAA or if snorting is adequately reduces the amount needed & hangover

Last edited:
Phenibut costs like...nothing. EAT iT! Erry fuckin time!!!! What the real and actual fuck is going on in this thread? Jesus.

I've snorted the HCL power and holy fucking shit. Made me hold my face in pain for a good 5 minutes. Definitely kicks in faster with small amounts though. If it burns my nose that bad it can't be good to your veins. Get the FAA kind

Phenibut costs like...nothing. EAT iT! Erry fuckin time!!!! What the real and actual fuck is going on in this thread? Jesus.

Can we have real contributions to this thread or are people just going to keep bitching?

Anyway, looks like people are injecting anyway--so talking about safe ways of doing so might be a good idea of HARM REDUCTION.. uuhh don't yea think?

I have the FAA version- i tried snorting it; but my tolerance is around 2-4g orally to feel something; didn't really notice much from snorting or sublingual.. but weighed out about 100-200mg. Real easy on the nose, absorbs well it seems.

However, the FAA version is not water soluble.. I have some propylene glycol; would this be a sufficient solvent? But i don't think the PG is safe for intramuscular injection; I know its alright for subcutaneous, but don't know if this is an effective route for phenibut. :?

I have a sneaking suspicion its going to be soluble in a goddamn alcohol solvent.. uggh. I just can't find any info on FAA solubility..

Sekio!! where are you when i need you! :p

Last edited:
  • I recommend intramuscular injection as a way to highly increase BA w/o damaging veins via IV use. However, i'm sure pumping a bunch of acid into your muscles isn't a good thing to do regularly anyway; but i find 3mg is equal is to about a good 10mg dose at its peak (t+0.30-1.00min after IM dose); & puts me straight into a GABA-b/GABAergic nod--similar to, but not identical to dope/heroin.
  • Wouldn't recommend more than 3-4cc's per deltoid; 5-6cc's per thigh muscle.
  • Superior ROA by far; only problem w/ higher doses (as i'd require) even w/ ample rotation, i'd have to resort to oral eventually & give everything a break for a month. Definitely withdrew any and all gastrointestinal negative effects, although i tended not to have much (only used FAA when used orally)
  • Also able to completely stop at a 5-6g/day tolerance converting to etizolam; however, was already tolerant to that as well, so needed absurd doses. From homemade liquid volumentrically dosed 1cc (55mg) 3x a day. However, still had issues w/ mood & depression & started overdoing my subutex.
  • I've since reinstated oral FAA phenibut & will just stick w/ this at 6g; its been a few weeks, we'll see how it goes, today is day 1 & already my mood is entirely better. I have bi-polar and this method is the only one that has ever so effectively treated my condition

how did this discussion get off track??? Anyway, I have IV'ed phenibut and you really have to use less than 100 MG otherwise it's going to hurt in a weird achy sort of way. it's not a burn like diphenhydramine is... I advise against it. It didn't do much for me at all.

But then again I take phenibut daily to control my anxiety. So you could take it or leave it. I just eat it.
Good to here, I might try it, at 5mg for allergy test, then move up at 5mg after I'm off it for sometime

Have you read the whole thread?
Shooting phenibut is a truly terrible idea.
It's highly acidic, and must be really bad for your veins (among other things) to IV.
I wouldn't take one vaguely positive (if you can call it that) report as reason to believe it is worthwhile - but regardless, please spare a thought for your body if you're really considering doing this.
Sounds very dangerous, and given how cheap and available this stuff is, there doesn't seem to be a good reason to use it in such a risky manner.

I know this is an old thread, just wanted to chip in as there seems little information out there. I have found a .3g injection intramuscular to be highly effective. Only done a few times but no obvious negatives so far. Fast onset of calmness and euphoria. Only done 2g orally (toss and wash) and not even close. 1ml of water with .3 Phenibut, quickly cooked (boiling for a second), a little discomfort when injecting but nothing severe. I?m no expert but this is my subjective experience.