• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting Palladone capsules

Etterwonde

Bluelighter
Hi all,

So I've gotten my hands on some Palladone Immediate Release capsules. These capsules each contain 2.6 mg worth of beads that have Hydromorphone in them, and since oral consumption would be practically a waste (due to bioavailability), I was planning on injecting them.

What I did: I've sterilized a 5ml plastic vial, filled it with the beads of 7 capsules (so 18.2 mg of Hydromorphone Hcl, which filled up about 1/4th of the vial), added some citric acid, and then added sterile water until the vial was full. I've turned the top of the vial back on, shook it for a few minutes and that's it.

Now the vial is resting in a clean and sterile spot near a heat source (not too close, of course) of approximately 30 degrees Celsius (= 86 degrees Fahrenheit). So all in all, it 'kind of' resembles the environment of a human stomach (not even close, I know, but you know what I mean)...

I'm planning on letting it sit there for 12 to 24 for hours, shaking it now and then, and then filtering it thoroughly (so the beads are left over for disposal and I should be left with an acidic solution filled with Hydromorphone, ready for intravenous administration. Since these are just beads that are very hard to crush (and that do not desintegrate), there shouldn't be any nasty fillers present like you would have when injecting for example MS Contin, OxyContin, Opana,... Am I right?

What do you guys think? Might this be a good solution for IV administration for the more patient opioid lovers among us? All input is, of course, appreciated! ;)

Best regards,
Etterwonde

Last edited:
Really, not even one answer? Weird...

Anyway, I yesterday I was in so much pain (yes, I forgot to mention that I'm a chronic pain patient) that I needed immediate relief. So I took 100 mg of Morphine (MS Contin) after drinking some grapefruit juice, downed a large pint of Whiskey (as alcohol is known to raise the bioavailability of Palladone when taken orally), and just drank the vial (with the beads in it) and washed it down with some more Whiskey. Twenty minutes later, I was feeling A LOT better.

About four hours ago, I redid what I did first - because I really want to experience a nice and decent Hydromorphone rush. This time, the solution in the plastic bottle has turned from a clear water-like substance to a light milky coloured substance (like milk that's been diluted with some water in a 25% milk vs 75% water ratio), after shaking it a lot. I added some citric acid from the start, but only like 5 drops in a 5cc plastic container (not the same one - i used a new, sterile container of the same kind). The container has been exposed to some mild heat (nothing more than body temperature, I think ~32 degrees Celsius/~90 degrees Fahrenheit at most.

I was thinking about letting it sit for some more hours, shaking it now and then, and certainly not overdoing it with the heat (I just put it ~25 centimeters/~10 inches) from a central heating device. Then filter the stuff, keep the beads for another filtering or maybe even just oral ingestion) and inject what should be a solution of water, citric acid and pure Hydromorphone.

Any thoughts, this time?

As always, any help is appreciated!

Do not inject pills and definitely do not heat the solution if you do so because this will make the inactive ingredients flock out. Never heat!

And if you are a chronic pain patient this is an even worse idea because it will raise your tolerance and you want to be on a stable dose as long as possible.

There are so many reasons against this. Did you use a micron filter? If the solution becomes cloudy i'd definitely not inject it.

Here is a link to a thread where a lot of the problems of shooting pills are adressed:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/445570-Case-Studies-(It-could-happen-to-YOU-)

I know that harm reduction is the prerogative of this forum and I truly think that is a wonderful thing. But I don't think telling someone to never, ever inject pills is a realistic approach to HR. Elucidating the potential dangers, sure, but railing against it without acknowledging the fact that if someone has decided to do it, they are going to do it just doesn't seem helpful to me. It strikes me as the HR-version of Just Say No, which everyone here knows Just Doesn't Work.

OP: I never got the capsules you are talking about. All the hydromorphone I used was in tablet form. But can't you just crush up the beads inside like one would with Adderall XR if they wanted to snort them? Then mix that powder with water, shake/stir/sit, filter, and go?

I had injected literally thousands of pills without using a micron filter before I went on maintenance and decided to sort my life out. It was not wise and I am lucky that I have had no complications from it. But I am also far from the only person who practiced shitty IV technique and came out the other side.

Good luck, be safe.

Do not inject pills and definitely do not heat the solution if you do so because this will make the inactive ingredients flock out. Never heat!

And if you are a chronic pain patient this is an even worse idea because it will raise your tolerance and you want to be on a stable dose as long as possible.

There are so many reasons against this. Did you use a micron filter? If the solution becomes cloudy i'd definitely not inject it.

Here is a link to a thread where a lot of the problems of shooting pills are adressed:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/445570-Case-Studies-(It-could-happen-to-YOU-)
Thanks for your answer!

First of all, I didn't "heat" the solution. I just poured the beads in the capsules in a plastic vial, added some drops of citric acid, and put them close to a mild heat source, a little bit under the temperature a normal human body has. I did this because I wanted to create an environment where the beads would be most likely (or so it seems to me) to release the Hydromorphone. No extreme temperatures whatsoever! The beads are still intact as well, they haven't melted or something like that, because if that were the case, I wouldn't even consider injecting the solution!

As far as tolerance goes, this is a one time thing. I won't be getting more of these capsules after this, since my doctor will probably rotate me to OxyNorm or MS Direct for the instant release type medications to help me with breakthrough pain. Yes, I have filters on hand, but I haven't filtered the solution as of yet.

I've read the thread you mentioned there, a few days ago, actually. But I'm a persistent and stubborn girl and I've really set my mind on this. By the way, since the beads are still intact, wouldn't they have just released the active compound, being Hydromorphone, without getting dissolved? I mean: they look just like when I put them in the container earlier today.The only thing that has changed (and only slightly) is the color of the water (which is most probably due to addition of the citric acid).

When I filter my shit enough to be left with a clear solution, wouldn't that be rather safe to inject? Also, everything is sterile: the syringes, the needles, the water I've used, I even use alcohol swabs to disinfect the area I'm going to stick the needle in.

That being said, thanks for your concern! And I really mean that. Any additional infomation is always welcome!

XOXOXO Etterwonde

P.S.: I just hope 18.2 mg of IV Hydromorphone isn't too much and won't get me an overdose... I do have a huge tolerance. 80 milligrams of methadone daily, on top of some morphine, oxycodone and Heroin.

I know that harm reduction is the prerogative of this forum and I truly think that is a wonderful thing. But I don't think telling someone to never, ever inject pills is a realistic approach to HR. Elucidating the potential dangers, sure, but railing against it without acknowledging the fact that if someone has decided to do it, they are going to do it just doesn't seem helpful to me. It strikes me as the HR-version of Just Say No, which everyone here knows Just Doesn't Work.

OP: I never got the capsules you are talking about. All the hydromorphone I used was in tablet form. But can't you just crush up the beads inside like one would with Adderall XR if they wanted to snort them? Then mix that powder with water, shake/stir/sit, filter, and go?

I had injected literally thousands of pills without using a micron filter before I went on maintenance and decided to sort my life out. It was not wise and I am lucky that I have had no complications from it. But I am also far from the only person who practiced shitty IV technique and came out the other side.

Good luck, be safe.

Hi there you stud ;)

Also a thank you for your answer!

The reason I don't crush them, is because I had other opioids on hand whilst letting the solution soak and I wanted to create an environment similar to a human stomach (well, not quite, but still...), since those beads are designed to release their goodies in said environment. Also, crushing them would mean a lot of nasty particles that get sucked up in the syringe and shit like that, and let's be honest: that's not what you want!

The beads are indeed comparable to those in the Adderall XR capsules, but crushing up those beads (they are hard as stones: when you lay 10 on your table close to each other, and you smash them with a hammer, 4 or 5 will be flat, the rest has gone awal (they "jump" away when you hit them. A friend told me that from time to time a find she finds one or more of those beads in the weirdest places! I've heard people use eletric tools and shit to grind up pills, but I'm a girl and a bit of a helpless kitty and I certainly DON't have any masculine tools sitting around the house, so that's not an option either. And I'm not going to drive to my father to ask him if he can crush up some pills for me. :D

But I explained my own "invented" way of injecting Palladone capsules in the last posts, so what do you think? Since you're an experienced IV user, your opinion matters to me a lot.

Please, please, the faster I get an answer that's somewhat definitive (which is almost never the case in such circumstances, but you know what I mean) I can filter, draw up, and shoot myself into Walhalla! =D

Also, I take it 18.2 mg of Hydromorphone isn't too much for a Heroin user who can pop 400 milligrams of MS Conting without a problem and takes 80 milligrams of Methadone a day?

Thanks guys! Big kisses to all who have contributed so far... <3

Last edited:
A little late for a reply but for anyone else wanting to know. Pestle (flat pestle) them till they are no longer round then place a plastic bill (scratchcard, laminated paper etc) over it and go back and forth with a lighter, dusting off your bill several times during and pile together and continue till powder. If you have no pestle then rock the lighter left to right and back over the bill till no longer round then go back and forth. Crush on a plate so not to lose anything, and a darker coloured plate so you can see and collect all the material.

(Other) Tags: adderall, adderall xr, hydromorph contin, hydromorphone contin, hydromorph xr, crush, capsule, bill, money, lighter, beads, Canada

Last edited: