• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting oral morphine solution

casualdruguser

Greenlighter
I am here seeking advice from those more knowledgeable.This is the product i am talking about; http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/datasheet/r/ramorphsol.pdf

My friend has had access to the 1mg/ml bottle for a number of years now through a friend and has been shooting it regularly (once a week, sometimes more sometimes less due to lack of funds).

He shoots about 30ml of the liquid and lately i have been joining him.I would much appreciate anyone who has knowledge of the chemicals used in the solution to let me know if any of those ingredients raise any red flags? I wish i could get my hands on safer products designed for IV use, but unfortunately this is all i can get hold of.

What i find a little confusing in the document is where it says;

"RA-MORPH contains Morphine Hydrochloride BP 1, 2, 5, and 10 mg/mL in a sugar and alcohol freevehicle containing the excipients citric acid, sodium citrate dihydrate, disodium edetate and glycerolwith sodium methyl hydroxybenzoate 0.2% w/v as preservative and Water for Injections."

Does that mean this solution is ok to inject? Why else would they be talking about injections?

Last edited:
humm that indeed raises a few questions

are you sure you're reading info on the same med you're using? you said your friend has a 1mg/ml solution and shoots around 30ml (holy shit that's a lot of liquid), which makes sense, 30mg morphine IV is a moderate dose, and 1mg/ml sound like a concentration they'd put in an oral preparation.

but, the text you cited said morphine 10mg/ml, which sounds more like an IV preparation. could be oral/drops preparation too, but could be IV either.

anyway, if it's an IV preparation logically it's shootable, but if it's an oral preparation, then i don't really know if it's safe, but being realistic about shooting opiates/anything i know sometimes you don't care - i myself have shot up phenobarbital syrup for kids or dogs or smth, pretty lame btw :p - but still i wouldn't do it often at all and try getting something else...

You can micron filter it and inject it, I see no reason why. It only contains pH buffers (keep it neutral), a preservative to stop bacteria and mould from growing, and a compound that binds metal ions that could make the morphine degrade faster. All are biologically safe and only present in small amounts.