• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injecting in the vein behind the knee

jhjhsdi

Bluelighter
I don't know why it just occurred to me but:
Has anyone ever managed to hit it themselves?
Tried to use the search here but 'behind' and 'the' are 'too short or common'
Tried search engines but can't find any advice.
I've seen other people hitting their friends there, aparantly it's a massive great vein and easy to get am I correct? Like the crook of the arm, leg version.
What would be the best and safest way to get it to pop out and hit it? Tourniquet (and where?) or exercise eg. Squats or something? Mirror? Or just feeling for it? I cant even feel mine right now, but I have been lying down all day lol.

Or any advice WHY I should stay away from this area?
Reasons I want to go here;
No veins in arms or hands left
Don't want to use groin, neck or feet
The only other veins I can find in my leg (near front of knee) are only big (or small) enough to be hit with a very small needle eg from a 1ml and I tend to like to use 2.5ml barrels with the UK orange heads (25 Guage... I can only get 25, 23 or 21 Guage heads at the exchange, or fixed 1mls).
๐Ÿ’‰ ๐Ÿ’‰ ๐Ÿ’‰ ๐Ÿ’‰ ๐Ÿ’‰
Mods please feel free to move if you think I would get better response somewhere else. Cheers.

Last edited:
I manage to hit it on my own, another great vein is on the inside of the Leg, so for the left leg on the right, just right to the bone, 3/4 up from basereach to knee. If you harden your muscle and touch the area with your finger you should be able to find it, it's the leg's biggest vein(!) It's quite deep (,25cm I'd say) but once you've found it it's a keeper, it hits pretty well. Good luck !

I don't know why it just occurred to me but:
Has anyone ever managed to hit it themselves?
Tried to use the search here but 'behind' and 'the' are 'too short or common'
Tried search engines but can't find any advice.
I've seen other people hitting their friends there, aparantly it's a massive great vein and easy to get am I correct? Like the crook of the arm, leg version.
What would be the best and safest way to get it to pop out and hit it? Tourniquet (and where?) or exercise eg. Squats or something? Mirror? Or just feeling for it? I cant even feel mine right now, but I have been lying down all day lol.

Or any advice WHY I should stay away from this area?
Reasons I want to go here;
No veins in arms or hands left
Don't want to use groin, neck or feet
The only other veins I can find in my leg (near front of knee) are only big (or small) enough to be hit with a very small needle eg from a 1ml and I tend to like to use 2.5ml barrels with the UK orange heads (25 Guage... I can only get 25, 23 or 21 Guage heads at the exchange, or fixed 1mls).
๐Ÿ’‰ ๐Ÿ’‰ ๐Ÿ’‰ ๐Ÿ’‰ ๐Ÿ’‰
Mods please feel free to move if you think I would get better response somewhere else. Cheers.
omg brooo, please give your body a break man..... you really don't wanna be hitting your groin feet or neck....

I manage to hit it on my own, another great vein is on the inside of the Leg, so for the left leg on the right, just right to the bone, 3/4 up from basereach to knee. If you harden your muscle and touch the area with your finger you should be able to find it, it's the leg's biggest vein(!) It's quite deep (,25cm I'd say) but once you've found it it's a keeper, it hits pretty well. Good luck !
i've seen a guy use those veins aswell. I think they're even easier to hit than feet. lol

thanksss lol, i'm insane to the fucking core plus i like the square it makes and it also forms the first letter of my first name( N) and my last name (V). it's my moniker for life that shit ;)

thanksss lol, i'm insane to the fucking core plus i like the square it makes and it also forms the first letter of my first name( N) and my last name (V). it's my moniker for life that shit ;)
I N V (envy) you ;)
Mine is N W

Ah cheers bro - I knew someone would reply!
Do you use a mirror to hit behind the knee? What position are you in? Sat down/stood up etc?

What do you mean by basereach? Do you know what the vein you are talking is called so I can check a chart or better yet have u got a Pic you could digitally draw on to point me in the right direction? Get paid on Wednesday and I am gona get some K and Wana blast off into oblivion ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ’‰

omg brooo, please give your body a break man..... you really don't wanna be hitting your groin feet or neck....

At work today I noticed a few of the ones in my hands were popping back up, but I also noticed that when I was holding tools I was getting cramp in my hand with the least veins realllly quickly whereas this never used to happen to me before I IV'd ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
I really need to leave the ones that are left alone. Did you read what I said before about my arms going numb/crampy/tingly when I lean/lay on them in certain positions? Its the same feeling in my hand now. IVing ket crystals is no fucking joke lol.
But I need to leave them alone. I also noticed I still have one big one running up the underside of my forearm but it must be literally the last one in my arm so I want to leave it alone too.
Hence wanting to hit legs ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
I will go to feet/ankles before groin or neck. Don't want to use groin, seen the scars my mate has and it's not attractive and I'm single again now so I don't want marks n bruises either side of my dick (hopefully) at the girls eye level do I? And I alwayssss do it with the lights on ๐Ÿ˜‚
And if I was going to hit neck I'd have to wait until winter to hide with a scarf ๐Ÿ˜‚ fuck wearing one in this heat.

Ah cheers bro - I knew someone would reply!
Do you use a mirror to hit behind the knee? What position are you in? Sat down/stood up etc?

What do you mean by basereach? Do you know what the vein you are talking is called so I can check a chart or better yet have u got a Pic you could digitally draw on to point me in the right direction? Get paid on Wednesday and I am gona get some K and Wana blast off into oblivion ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ’‰

At work today I noticed a few of the ones in my hands were popping back up, but I also noticed that when I was holding tools I was getting cramp in my hand with the least veins realllly quickly whereas this never used to happen to me before I IV'd ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
I really need to leave the ones that are left alone. Did you read what I said before about my arms going numb/crampy/tingly when I lean/lay on them in certain positions? Its the same feeling in my hand now. IVing ket crystals is no fucking joke lol.
But I need to leave them alone. I also noticed I still have one big one running up the underside of my forearm but it must be literally the last one in my arm so I want to leave it alone too.
Hence wanting to hit legs ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
I will go to feet/ankles before groin or neck. Don't want to use groin, seen the scars my mate has and it's not attractive and I'm single again now so I don't want marks n bruises either side of my dick (hopefully) at the girls eye level do I? And I alwayssss do it with the lights on ๐Ÿ˜‚
And if I was going to hit neck I'd have to wait until winter to hide with a scarf ๐Ÿ˜‚ fuck wearing one in this heat.
what you're experiencing in ur veins is a fked up bloodflow. I know a medication that has HELPED ME TONS WITH THAT. dude when i banged 40grams of coca in a week u have no clue HOW MUCH MY VEINS WERE HURTING. Doctor prescribed me Doxium( calcium dobesilate) twice daily along with daflon twice a day too. THOSE MEDS ARE A GOD SEND for the veins. And they actually repair your bloodflow not just work while ur taking it. When you stop taking the meds you feel diffeerent. Trust me, and u can take em indefinetely although they work best when u take em for example 1 month errday then stop for a few weeks then take it again. trust me man you'll see a HUGE improvement.

@nznity never heard of them bro I wonder if they are available without prescription as I don't really want to let my doctor know I am/have been IVing atm.
Do you think they would actually help with collapsed veins? That's my problem - I don't think it's a fucked up blood flow I think it's NO BLOOD FLOW lol
I have heard the body eventually creates small new veins redirecting the bloodflow around the collapsed ones and I think I have seen them near the surface on one of my biceps, but I also heard they're really hard to hit and it's not advisable to hit them even if you can as they are so new and sensitive they will pretty much collapse or blow straight away ๐Ÿ˜’

The lesser Saphenous vein can be accessed by some behind the knee, but the greater Saphenous vein is a better superficial vein for the leg. It has easy access points next to the inner ankle, and sometimes to the inner side of the knee, slightly below it, as well. The problem for a lot of people trying to hit by the knee, is the superficial veins don't always rise to the surface. Next to the ankle for the Greater Saphenous Vein is typically accessible for a lot more people

@nznity never heard of them bro I wonder if they are available without prescription as I don't really want to let my doctor know I am/have been IVing atm.
Do you think they would actually help with collapsed veins? That's my problem - I don't think it's a fucked up blood flow I think it's NO BLOOD FLOW lol
I have heard the body eventually creates small new veins redirecting the bloodflow around the collapsed ones and I think I have seen them near the surface on one of my biceps, but I also heard they're really hard to hit and it's not advisable to hit them even if you can as they are so new and sensitive they will pretty much collapse or blow straight away ๐Ÿ˜’

This is true, and they are impossible to inject in to. All of my major superficial arm veins are permanently collapsed and long gone, so I have all of these extremely tiny new veins that grew in their place. The second the needle hits them, they blow, they're under too much pressure. The only veins my body managed to save were the bigger superficial dorsal hand veins, but not all. So I also have all these extremely tiny new veins that grew on the back of my hand that you can see actually connect into the normal veins I have left there, it looks horrible. Those veins that grow don't necessarily have the same ability to keep the pressure as low as the normal ones, so I have all types of problems like Raynaud's, hair loss on my forearms that ran where my cephalic vein did, and my right arm swells and is always purplish in color. Whoever said it's no big deal if you collapse veins because they grow back was an absolute idiot, yes, they grow back, but no where near as efficient as the old ones and never the good ones - once they're gone, they're gone for good.

Last edited:
The only veins my body managed to save were the bigger superficial dorsal hand veins, but not all. So I also have all these extremely tiny new veins that grew on the back of my hand that you can see actually connect into the normal veins I have left there, it looks horrible.
I think I've seen some recently appearing on my left hand actually. Between some of the bigger ones that aren't what they used to be.
Doesn't look too bad, probably better than no veins at all right? To someone IV naive surely they would just think 'oh his veins are different - oh well, everyone's are different'?
And anyone who knows the score from doing it themselves aren't going to judge are they. Even 'reformed' users.
I just don't want my mother to see and be like "your veins never used to be like that" ๐Ÿ˜… and then notice scars etc.
Welllll - actually, fuck it, she knows I've dabbled with the needle in the past.

Sounds stupid but I never actually knew all these veins I had collapsed were 'superficial'
Makes me feel a little better tbh.

Well, no, a tiny amount of little veins doesn't look bad. The deep veins run very deep, you could never see them and unless your blindly sticking needles into your arms at 90 degree angles have never even touched them (which would be insanity because they run with the main artery and nerve bundle for that limb), but that doesn't mean the superficial veins aren't extremely important too. What looks horrible is, like on your elbow and forearm, when you have all these extremely tiny purple looking veins running the length of it with no normal veins anymore. If you have lost any of the major superficial veins, it could take years for these to grow before you even see them. It's more so, when the veins have pressure, they start leaking and it destroys the tissues around them. Hair loss, horribly painful ulcers, swelling, etc. This is extremely compounded in the legs and feet because the venous blood has to fight gravity, which is why the legs are a horribly dangerous place to be collapsing veins or getting missed shots, etc. I have about 8 of the most horribly painful venous ulcers on my feet and legs, they can't even close so they're just open wounds, I just had to have my Greater Saphenous Veins removed in both of my legs to try to help them heal. Could barely walk for over a month, and the pain...jesus...the pain. If I could figure out how to upload pictures here I could show you what my arms looks like and the veins I'm talking about, the weird hair loss, etc. from those veins collapsing and how truly awful it looks. I legit wish I had a time machine and could go back in time every day of my life, I just wish I hadn't been so careless and naive to the fact that I was fucking with the system that literally provides life to every cell in my body and I wasn't invincible.

Last edited:
I still don't get how one can see / reach without some crazy twister / yoga pose.

At leastin my country they Sell em wirhout prescription, at least try. I have 3 veins collapsed aswell AND Trust me those meds help immensely.

@Deru I will PM you
@geekgrl yeah exactly same here lol
@nznity are they controlled? If not, could you send me some? I'll obviously pay for them and chuck in enough for you to get a g of too shelf or 3 (really break my bank ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚) (mods sorry if that's against the rules but if they're not a controlled medication then it's about as harmless as mailing each other paracetamol, right?)

@Deru I will PM you
@geekgrl yeah exactly same here lol
@nznity are they controlled? If not, could you send me some? I'll obviously pay for them and chuck in enough for you to get a g of too shelf or 3 (really break my bank ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚) (mods sorry if that's against the rules but if they're not a controlled medication then it's about as harmless as mailing each other paracetamol, right?)
To reach them I stand up and turn my feet to the side to reach the inner side of my knee.
The vein I talk about is called the great sophenous vein.