• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Inflammation, neuroinflammation and cytokine treatment in health conditions

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter

I'd saw a podcast with this dude years ago and his contention that pituitary dysfunction by way of head trauma can cause neural and physiological dysfunction that can be treated with hormone replacement therapy.

In this latest vid, he's advocated for supplementation that treats inflammation as a means to "unblock" neuro signalling, it would appear (the second article links these contentions).

This links to some testimonials of this treatment approach - supplementation with zinc and a zinc ion transporter of some kind?
Supposedly contained in turmeric?

His current three pronged anti-inflammatory approach is comprised of:

Clear Mind & Energy(CME), Brain Care II(BC2), and B is for Brain(B4B)

Which don't seem to be hormone related (as previously he'd advocated testosterone therapy?)

In the video he vaguely mentions some of the ingredients, one being active vitamin b12, cobalamine - which those with methylation disorders seem to benefit from.

Actually there's .pdf's with the contents with science behind the supplementation:

-> https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/796343e7-a375-495c-9119-59593d067f1b/downloads/Millennium_s Tri-Pak Products.pdf?ver=1609713166424

uwrLvz6.png

Last edited:
If nothing else that website link does a good job at outlining the HPA axis and CNS affect on hormonal function - hormons being 2nd messengers to primary CNS impulses.

i.e. hypothalmic function being responsible for pituitary control.

That aside, in relation to supplementation, any merit?

Or is this dude a charlatan? (well, he clearly knows his cellular biology and signalling pathways, but as to his actual claims yielding functional results....?)

Recovery of patients with traumatic brain injury is greater in those with higher testosterone.37 “For traumatic brain injury patients,” says Dr. Mark L. Gordon, “any proper diagnosis and treatment protocol should begin with baseline testing of testosterone, growth hormone, thyroid, cortisol, insulin, and vitamin D.”

yYyfD7B.png

It doesn't seem "groundbreaking" so much as, emphasizing something commonly known but perhaps overlooked?

He also talks about chloroquine + zinc combination for Covid suppression.

Again, this is not exactly unknown.

Last edited:
Nerve activity, blood flow - and inflammation.

To a physiologist the relationship between these is highly evident.

The youtube vid I posted got taken down, but it's the JRE episode with Dr Mark Gordon, endocrinologist, who's developing interventions to treat inflammation, which cause symptom remission, regardless of whether inflammation is merely a by-product of the initial cause.

I'm just working through that extensive wiki page in attempt to better understand the relationship between nerve activity and the inflammatory process.

If anyone is up to speed or has insights on this matter - hit me.

Or is this dude a charlatan? (well, he clearly knows his cellular biology and signalling pathways, but as to his actual claims yielding functional results....?)
He probably is.

His "supplements" are basically simple mixtures of common vitamins and a few herbs. Nothing magical, and certainly nothing used in a serious modern therapeutic context.
hmZpMcH.png

Also, anyone with "testimonials" and who is selling something, is much more likely to be a snake oil salesman than an actual scientist.

The FDA don't think chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine are worth bothering with. Especially in the light of many vaccines being produced and distributed today. I suspect that includes therapies with added zinc too.

Also, if simple inflammation is the problem, why wouldn't we see at least marginal improvements with anti-inflammatory drugs (COX-2 inhibitor, CB2 agonists, others)? I know there are at least a few of those which cross the BBB too.

Last edited: