• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Indonesia wants to ban kratom in 2022

Medicin ok I get that. But what is wrong with toiletpaper made of hemp and plastic. Which btw is biodegradable. Contrary to petrochemical plastic which imo shoud be forbidden for large scale usage. There are safer more enviromental friendly option's that are equal.
Nothing is wrong with that. In fact you could probably find something similar at a whole foods type place. The only conspiracy is that of economics, that trees are a better feedstock for paper than hemp. Otherwise laws would get changed because our only morality is profit.

Where should I post to ask about storage for a large amount for years without losing potency or at least only losing very little potency after years of it being in storage?

By the way things are going, if i'm not off of kratom by the time this ban is implemented I will surely OD off of whatever RC is used in new kratom products.

Same. I've been planning on planting Kratom trees and poppies. I'm at the point with opioids that I don't see myself ever being able to stop. Kratom has side effects but compared to everything else I've done to get away from oxycodone it has had less impact on my life. I don't nod on it, it kills my pain, and there isn't any risk of OD. I'm never going back on methadone or subs because they're so strong.

If they ban this stuff I'll be back to sticking straws in my nose and gambling with whatever cheap opioid I can get my hands on. This is a terrible idea. Kratom has saved the lives of so many in my local area. I've seen a bunch of junkies get on it and go on to lead normal lives again. Being able to pick it up in a local shop instead of using dealers or the clinic has gotten so many people away from the scene. I'm not surprised they started pushing for this ban around the same time "Methadone covered by medicaid and $1 a day" signs popped up everywhere in my area. The Feds want that opioid money.

I was going to put it off another year but I guess I'm planting a field of poppies and kratom trees this fall. I wonder how long I'll get away with that before they burn down my crops and throw me in jail for growing it for personal use like my Great Grandparents. I come from a long line of opioid addicts and the only reason they stopped growing their own in the 20s is because morphine was so cheap.

This might be a stupid question, but has anyone successfully grown kratom at over 6000ft of elevation? I can get viable seeds, but I'm not sure how well it would tolerate altitude...
Its worth a try! I dont get you kratom heads, but i'd grow it AND stock up, esp on concentrate. I despise the Way amerika is playing World Police again! They got their fucking DEA in EVERY COUNTRY!! Even my little Country, but its on the Balkan Route. Big bust 2 days ago, over 20 kilos of white and brown + a suitcase at Airport said to contain 20 Milllion worth of brown. But you know how they inflate it by looking how much, then quoting the street bubble price 🙄 Grow your own is possible, wont be taken in a search but is last ditch. Like growing poppies! I still have the Izmir Farm seeds. Tazzies, Gigantheum, pod Bush....but with a measly balcony its nearly hopeless. I wish i knew someone in EU with coca seeds! There are 2 vendors online, one is a ripoff and second sends sown in a doll from indonesia. That will never fly with our customs. :-(

A worldwide pandemic, people going broke left and right but money is there for that stupid War!!! Beam me into 1910 please!
NOW!!!!

Same. I've been planning on planting Kratom trees and poppies. I'm at the point with opioids that I don't see myself ever being able to stop. Kratom has side effects but compared to everything else I've done to get away from oxycodone it has had less impact on my life. I don't nod on it, it kills my pain, and there isn't any risk of OD. I'm never going back on methadone or subs because they're so strong.

If they ban this stuff I'll be back to sticking straws in my nose and gambling with whatever cheap opioid I can get my hands on. This is a terrible idea. Kratom has saved the lives of so many in my local area. I've seen a bunch of junkies get on it and go on to lead normal lives again. Being able to pick it up in a local shop instead of using dealers or the clinic has gotten so many people away from the scene. I'm not surprised they started pushing for this ban around the same time "Methadone covered by medicaid and $1 a day" signs popped up everywhere in my area. The Feds want that opioid money.

I was going to put it off another year but I guess I'm planting a field of poppies and kratom trees this fall. I wonder how long I'll get away with that before they burn down my crops and throw me in jail for growing it for personal use like my Great Grandparents. I come from a long line of opioid addicts and the only reason they stopped growing their own in the 20s is because morphine was so cheap.
So you have a big garden, hmm?
Why complain? You can grow your poppies outside and the Kratom tree in a big bucket and move it inside when cold.
But if your concern is kratom, chill!!
Its a Million $ buisness and its ample time to stock up. You know how lucky you are to have a garden to grow???? Imagine you had World class poppy seeds but nowhere to grow. That would suck big time eh?!

Its worth a try! I dont get you kratom heads, but i'd grow it AND stock up, esp on concentrate. I despise the Way amerika is playing World Police again! They got their fucking DEA in EVERY COUNTRY!! Even my little Country, but its on the Balkan Route. Big bust 2 days ago, over 20 kilos of white and brown + a suitcase at Airport said to contain 20 Milllion worth of brown. But you know how they inflate it by looking how much, then quoting the street bubble price 🙄 Grow your own is possible, wont be taken in a search but is last ditch. Like growing poppies! I still have the Izmir Farm seeds. Tazzies, Gigantheum, pod Bush....but with a measly balcony its nearly hopeless. I wish i knew someone in EU with coca seeds! There are 2 vendors online, one is a ripoff and second sends sown in a doll from indonesia. That will never fly with our customs. :-(

A worldwide pandemic, people going broke left and right but money is there for that stupid War!!! Beam me into 1910 please!
NOW!!!!
Sorry to bring up an old thread. But can you tell me more about these so called tazzies?? What's different about them. I assume your talking about the morphine rich ones and not the dangerous "Norman" ones.

What about an indoor grow? Not everyone lives in a place that is warm for the entire time each year.

Just curious if it's possible?

What about an indoor grow? Not everyone lives in a place that is warm for the entire time each year.

Just curious if it's possible?
As far as I know opium poppies are mostly left to outdoor because they grow better in sunlight and I think partly because of the sheer amount you need in order to harvest some volume. Wouldn't be a very efficient indoor grow.

Cause the DEA/FDA couldn't ban kratom in the US, they decided in 2020 to go to the source of 90% - 95% of the world's kratom, Indonesia and to pressure them in to not only banning it for export but also ban all domestic cultivation and they will be doing this this year, either late Spring or some time in the Summer.

As kratom is basically a woody bush/tree, not a annual flower like opium, it takes some time for it to grow big enough for the leaves to be harvested and sadly this ban is growing to have a huge impact on the international kratom market.

I do know some kratom (some being 5% - 10%of the global supply.) is grown and exported from the following countries, Malaysia, the Philipines, Thailand and Vietnam.
However since 1942 or '43 it has been illegal in Thailand, as it was cutting in to the state's opium monopoly money.

So as we can surmise from all this, if the market is to bonce back it will take a few year's, so kratom's price will probably increase in the mean time and kratom user's who are using it for chronic pain and as an opioid maintenance alternative are most likely going to relapse and street Heroin is obviously the most commonly available opioid for North American user's but with it being cut to fuck with fentanyl analogues, this means a lot more instabilty (Psychological instability for the user's and physical for their families and society with potential acquisitional crime and the deaths.) and deaths.

The only positive I can see from this is that this plus the record of over 100,000 drug deaths in the US in the past year will hopefully mean there'll be a bigger push for medical Heroin to be used for diamorphine/Heroin maintenance being relegalised in the US but who knows.

They may just legalise injectable methadone and buprenorphine and possibly oral slow release and injectable morphine maintenance and hope they solve the problem, which they won't.

So if you use or plan on using kratom and have the means to then you need to start stockpiling it now and fast!

All a government ban does is create a black market. Unsafe for personal use. Danger Danger.

I still have about 1.75oz of Bali that I didn't like, or had a hard time getting down, so for a rainy day and a french press.

This is so typical and predictable. I should be used to this bullshit by now, but it still pisses me off.
First, it's nobody's (especially the govt's) business to tell me what I can or cannot put in my own body.
Second, why go apeshit over a relatively harmless substance?
Third, it always baffles me when Capitalists want to criminalize Capitalism.

This is old news. The ban was shut down. Closing and merging with applicable thread in ditm.

Fda needs to worry about more important shit on their plate and stop needle dicking this topic. They're not going to succeed with this so give it up. Imagine what an uproar this would create even if they did succeed