• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Indonesia wants to ban kratom in 2022

I'm STILL shocked kratom survived the proposed ban in the US a few years ago.... I was shocked then I'm still shocked now. How did that even work?

IDK man, I'm not familiar with their laws over there but I assume they are extremely severe, death sentence shit for real hard drugs....

now they want to ban a plant which could be considered part of their culture... seems like a political stunt to me.

they said that kratom is 13x more potent than morphine

Opioid equivalencies are so fucking retarded and lead to pseudoscientific bullshit. Does not take into factor things like respiratory depression which cause death and other vital factors.

...anyways glad I'm off kratom now....... but not in a way because now I want to go buy some fucking heroin again more than ever.... so fuck me and have a nice day :)

It's as if the 2,700 tons that exploded in Beirut were Maeng Da.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if rich Indo families are trying to unload tons of product to addicts online and then say "Well I guess we'll keep it legal after all."

It's very dry here most of the year too. I'll probably start a few seeds over the winter or in early spring so I can get them outside once it warms up and see how they respond and how difficult the care of them will be.
Change profile name to Kratom Messiah imho.

Damn I wish I could grow kratom but I don't have the space and also move a lot...

Can't help but wonder if a kratom bonsai would be able to produce the same amount of alkaloïds as old kratom trees.
Good plan on paper. I love Bonsai doing it with Kratom trees would be great. Pruning of a dose.

Reminds a bit about the ban on Cannabis. We now make toilet paper from trees, plastic's from oil and chemical medicine's. While the earth is slowly deteriorating. And prevent people from gettin legally high

Kratom is grown sustainable afaik. So is this a same sort of scenario.

And why is Papaver legal still?

Ugh... fuck 2020 fr. They just want us all to be zoned-out pharma slaves, unaware and complacent.
If only that were true.where I am there making it harder to stay doped up.new laws or guide lines mean no more repeat scripts for painkillers at all (even panadeine forte and tramadol)
No more than one month's supply at a time,need two doctors to sign off on the one script, etc etc.

but will this actually happen? realistic opinions?

i seem to recall hearing this for years now... but its always in the back of my mind being that every gas station in the middle of nowhere ny state makes hundreds a day on the shit.

at my dose, id need to taper now up until it disappears from shelves to do it painlessly...

Guess that yaba-meth is not selling that well so they have to ban the trees 😶

I hope that some other country (island) from that part of the world catches up on this great business opportunity and starts growing various types of kratom trees, Thai one included.

I hope that some other country (island) from that part of the world catches up on this great business opportunity and starts growing various types of kratom trees, Thai one included.

That would be great but it seems unlikely because kratom in banned or not really tolerated in most SE Asian countries including Thailand and Malaysia. Maybe Myanmar but they profit greatly from heroin and meth so it might not be in their best interest, there's also the Philippines but the current government seem very authoritarian and anti drug (they execute drug dealers).

The only hope might be Papua New Guinea which seem to be the perfect spot but I don't think they have that many kratom trees (they take many years to grow).

It would be interesting if people started growing kratom in South America but most people aren't even aware of its existence. There has to be enough economic incentive to start growing a new "crop" and the international pressure makes it even harder...

Well that fucked up my view on humanity.

The source I used to get my Kratom from originates in Indonesia. They did more then make money. More like create an sustainable agriculture.

Planting tree's.
You had better stock up now. Since you are in NL do the Indonesian people there use Kratom? Or use Betel nut?

An Indian friend has paan masala with betel nut but I read it is carcinogenic and it stains your teeth, and lips. I saw people eating it at my friend's wedding but I thought it was a grape leaf stuffed with candy fennel seeds like I have seen at south Asian restaurants, so I did not eat any.

Would Kratom even grow in non-south Asian countries? Or non-hot climates?

That would be great but it seems unlikely because kratom in banned or not really tolerated in most SE Asian countries including Thailand and Malaysia. Maybe Myanmar but they profit greatly from heroin and meth so it might not be in their best interest, there's also the Philippines but the current government seem very authoritarian and anti drug (they execute drug dealers).

The only hope might be Papua New Guinea which seem to be the perfect spot but I don't think they have that many kratom trees (they take many years to grow).

It would be interesting if people started growing kratom in South America but most people aren't even aware of its existence. There has to be enough economic incentive to start growing a new "crop" and the international pressure makes it even harder...

Well Kratom is grown in Borneo, which is a big island. They are main grower of "Bali" strain. Maybe they will step up. Hope is a bitch but it truly dies last.

But to be honest it is so f****** annoying and frustrating tu live in a "free" world where people do not respond when their freedom is taken away. in fact, we live in a free world where people seem to like to have a master that is telling them what can or can not they eat/ingest/put into their body. God forbid to educate yourself and take responsibility for owns actions. Better to be infantile and have Big Daddy State who "looks after you" and who you can than blame if your choices lead to unwanted consequences . But I dont want to derail the discussion so I will stop ranting.

Well Kratom is grown in Borneo, which is a big island. They are main grower of "Bali" strain. Maybe they will step up. Hope is a bitch but it truly dies last.

Yeah for sure but the problem is that Borneo is shared between Malaysia (where kratom has been illegal for decades) and Indonesia...
I don't know how the ban is going to work, maybe they won't destroy all the trees but it will definitely be harder (maybe almost impossible) to export once it's scheduled.

It's very frustrating for me as well, I hate that damn prohibitionist trend which started in the US in the early 1900s and has been spending like wildfire across the whole world.
It's pretty fucked up because other countries have been following it to the extreme and putting extremely harsh sentences (even death) for drug possession.
Now the US seems to be doing better, even legalizing cannabis in many states, after spending many decades demonizing it and financing the war on drugs.

Yeah for sure but the problem is that Borneo is shared between Malaysia (where kratom has been illegal for decades) and Indonesia...

Did not know that. Thanks for the info. Hope is getting smaller by each fact I learn. :(

@clovey2014 Vacuum packing will help you with keeping kratom fresh. When I bought 2kg of various strains I made 20 packages, 100 grams each, and vacuumed it. Then I stored it in a dark place. 2 years later powder was as potent as the first day. Or so it felt. If it wasn't 100% preserved, it was at least 75% or so, as I could not tell the difference. So vacuum packing is the answer.

@clovey2014 Vacuum packing will help you with keeping kratom fresh. When I bought 2kg of various strains I made 20 packages, 100 grams each, and vacuumed it. Then I stored it in a dark place. 2 years later powder was as potent as the first day. Or so it felt. If it wasn't 100% preserved, it was at least 75% or so, as I could not tell the difference. So vacuum packing is the answer.

...thanks! I always wondered about that. I guess it’s time to stock up, perhaps...

I hope that the ban will not go through, but if it does, unfortunately soon it will be time for this kind of measures.

You had better stock up now. Since you are in NL do the Indonesian people there use Kratom? Or use Betel nut?

An Indian friend has paan masala with betel nut but I read it is carcinogenic and it stains your teeth, and lips. I saw people eating it at my friend's wedding but I thought it was a grape leaf stuffed with candy fennel seeds like I have seen at south Asian restaurants, so I did not eat any.

Would Kratom even grow in non-south Asian countries? Or non-hot climates?
Clean for years but it would be shoking if they forbid a useful plant.

But Its not that populair over here or weknown afaik. Betel nut is legally sold on the counter. But even more obscure to native Dutch people.

Clean for years but it would be shoking if they forbid a useful plant.

But Its not that populair over here or weknown afaik. Betel nut is legally sold on the counter. But even more obscure to native Dutch people.
I had heard of Betel nut as I read about it on erowid. Betel nut is legally sold where I live in South Asian stores and supermarkets. I do not buy it or use it but my south Asian friend keeps some and sometimes chews it. I made Spekulatius and kruidnoten biscuits and when I told her all of the spices in them she said how too much nutmeg can make one sleepy.

I told her it was just small amounts of nutmeg such as a few grams blended into the mixture of spices and we were not consuming an entire container or whole actual unground nutmeg. She is a medical professional, and regularly cooks with cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and other spices on a daily basis.

I knew people who as teens would eat large amounts of nutmeg when they could not get marijuana, hash, or they were not into acid or mushrooms but wanted to get high and get something easily bought in any store. Some stores refuse to sell teens cough syrup because of the DXM. I remember reading about nutmeg in Burroughs' naked lunch when I was 14 and mixing a few grams in Pepsi cola, drinking it, and it tasted disgusting even with the cola and nothing happened.

Last edited:
Ordered anotha kilo... 4 strains (white, yellow, green and red)
Gonna keep ordering keys weekly til I have no room left in my stash cup-board. ;)

How did that even work?
Massive push-back from johnny public.

Last edited: