• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Incomplete Rehabilitation and Prescription

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
I went into outpatient rehab last year before I turned 18 for alcoholism and did not complete the program.

I assume this shows up on my insurance and medical records as "Drug user enters rehab, does not complete". therefore labeling me as an unresolved drug user.

Is is now impossible to be prescribed medicines that have helped me before but are considered narcotics such as IR Methylphenidate for focus/ADHD or Benzodiazapines for anxiety/insomnia?

I'm currently clean from everything including cannabis.

Am I fucked?

If I switch insurances or find a different psychiatrist will I be fine?

Does this affect me at all?

I am NOT asking where to get drugs nor is this a "doctor shopping" thread. I simply want to know if incomplete rehabilitation shows up on my medical record and if it does, is it affecting what I am prescribed?

HR: If I can't get what I need to be prescribed, I might turn to buying it elsewhere and possibly getting falsified materials etc.

it does show up, but it shouldn't affect anything you can be prescribed.
aside from alcohol have you ever been to rehab for narcotics? cause that​ would fuck you

It will 100% depend on your doc. If they dig, they will probably find it. If they're like most docs and glance over everything you give them, it's unlikely they'll ever know. However, drug abuse history, with most doctors, will definitely affect what they will give you. Most doctors will avoid controlled substances as much as possible or entirely with patients that are at a higher risk of abusing their meds.

In sum, it 100% depends on your doctor. Some doctors will knowingly prescribe drug abusers controlled substances, most doctors will avoid it like the plague, and many will never be the wiser.