• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Inactive Ingredients A to Z

I wish something like this was posted sooner.....this better become a sticky. Good job captain!

Great thread. I have Temazepam but I don't think it has those ingredients. I think perhaps a warning about brands or listing the brands could be very helpful. Its just white powder inside a capsule.

Nice thread Captain! See, it's work like this that got you the rank of Captain!

How are you supposed to filter out talc if it's so bad and it's only 5um? Also, I IV'd a 15mg MS Contin (didn't gel up at all) with a cigarette filter and heated, should I be afraid? Esp since my left arm has kinda had a mild pain since doing it and I've been having mild chest pains. But no discoloration and honestly both pains could be chalked off to other issues (such as the metal bar in the forearm which has always caused pain and I've always had mild chest pains).

Hydrocodone? (10-650mg [blue] Tab Mallinkrodt SP)

You don't want to inject hydrocodone AFAIK; I have never attempted doing anything of the sort.

I have no idea what's in this tablet but I can look it up in my spare time. Forgive me if I take a while to get around to it though; I am going to be pretty busy this next month.

Great thread. I have Temazepam but I don't think it has those ingredients. I think perhaps a warning about brands or listing the brands could be very helpful. Its just white powder inside a capsule.

Restoril, which is brand name temazepam, is what is listed above.

I have mallinkroodt and mylan temazepam generics; I can list these in my spare time too.

However; temazepam is not going to be shot at all in this form as there is no additional solvent.

Very few people will take the time to properly IV benzodiazepines which require other solvents to be able to fit a decent dosage inside a 1mL insulin syringe.

Nice thread Captain! See, it's work like this that got you the rank of Captain!

=D Thank you.

How are you supposed to filter out talc if it's so bad and it's only 5um? Also, I IV'd a 15mg MS Contin (didn't gel up at all) with a cigarette filter and heated, should I be afraid? Esp since my left arm has kinda had a mild pain since doing it and I've been having mild chest pains. But no discoloration and honestly both pains could be chalked off to other issues (such as the metal bar in the forearm which has always caused pain and I've always had mild chest pains).

With a micron filter. Compacted cotton will only filter out > 50um particles.

I would assume the pre-existing conditions is the source of that.

However, cotton filtering MS Contin is not very effective; I would consider investing in micron filters if you are ever going to consider IVing pills again. :) Check out the link to the micron filtering mega thread in my signature.

Make this a sticky and wiki post

There may be a way to incorporate it into the wiki part of Bluelight, but stickying all of the useful threads in Other Drugs would lead to there being no other threads on the first page other than stickies.

I appreciate that you think it should be stuck to the top of Other Drugs, but we have it linked in the Other Drugs Directory (aka OD Directory, link in signature, and at the top of the Other Drugs page), and if people search for inactive ingredients, this thread will be a search result.

Thanks for the idea though, I'll contact the wiki moderators about possibly having a list of useful threads from all across Bluelight. :)

I found a list of inactives in the A215 roxis. Take a look: http://pillbox.nlm.nih.gov/pillimag...tauthor=&getDEAschedule=&hide=1&submit=Search

The thing that jumps out at me is the "Silicon Dioxide". This has been shown to cause silicosis and can lead to all sorts of complications if the fine particles make their way into your lungs. This might be concerning to those who snort or IV this brand.

Thanks for posting in here. :)

I'll add it to the list if it hasn't been already.

Thanks for warning other roxicodone users.

^Roxane does (or did at least, not sure), hence the name... Actavis makes generics for sure though.

Necessary for what? My opinion is that after reading on the front page magnesium stearate is insoluble in water one should filter their shot with a micron filter.

Necessary for what? My opinion is that after reading on the front page magnesium stearate is insoluble in water one should filter their shot with a micron filter.

Necessary to create a solution free of particles (or at least free enough so as to not cause harm). Looking to the first page, you will see that magnesium stearate has a particle size > 50um. A piece of cotton effectively filters to a particle size of 50um. Based on the front page, one could deduce that this particular pill has at least some marginal safety after filtering through a cotton.

Last edited:
WOLTERP said:
No wheel filter necessary?
amapola said:
Necessary for what?
Necessary to create a solution free of particles (or at least free enough so as to not cause harm).
one could deduce that this particular pill has at least some marginal safety after filtering through a cotton.
In that case I would say a wheel filter is not necessary in place of cotton if you want at least some marginal safety with respect to the solution being mostly free of insoluble magnesium stearate particles.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk. I'd still be using a micron filter though and am just trying to get that point across. A greater safety factor with the magnesium stearate, no risk of cotton fever from toxins on the cotton, security against any other unrecognized contaminants, a sterilized filter medium.

To ask whether it is necessary or not means you have to quantify and then evaluate potential physical harm which is difficult to do. Let's just say I would still recommend one and say it is necessary if you want to take as many safety precautions as you can.

In that case I would say a wheel filter is not necessary in place of cotton if you want at least some marginal safety with respect to the solution being mostly free of insoluble magnesium stearate particles.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk. I'd still be using a micron filter though and am just trying to get that point across. A greater safety factor with the magnesium stearate, no risk of cotton fever from toxins on the cotton, security against any other unrecognized contaminants, a sterilized filter medium.

To ask whether it is necessary or not means you have to quantify and then evaluate potential physical harm which is difficult to do. Let's just say I would still recommend one and say it is necessary if you want to take as many safety precautions as you can.

Agreed....wheel filtering is always a safer option. Given that the main function of a wheel filter is to "filter" and that this post is about particulates and their micron size, I did not feel that I i needed to explain the term "necessary" given the context and medium in which i posted the question. Of course the additional point you make about sterility is another benefit of wheel filtering which add's to the safety factor.

A cotton filter isn't going to remove bacteria. Also, micron filtering + bacteriostatic water IS necessary in order to create a solution you don't have to use right away.

The particle sizes for inactive ingredients are linked with sources, although I cannot be sure that any one of the numbers for this is very accurate. Looking at Povidone, it has several different grades (Povidone K30 being the one in Suboxone), and its particle sizes ranges considerably, mostly above 50um, but somewhat below it too for a smaller percentage of the particles.

Finding particle size information was by far harder than finding solubility information.

shootin``

can you shoot methadone? the rectagular ones or kpins???? and do you do more, or less of the drug your used to???

You can shoot methadone and klonopin but there is no real rush so most people feel the minimal benefits outweigh the possible complications. Other people are addicted to just the injection process and will bang anything.

Either way if you are going to be injecting something you definitely want to inject less than you would take by other means. Check out the bioavailability thread in the OD Directory (as found in my signature) to get a better idea of how efficient different ROAs (routes of administration) are.