• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Inability to feel opiates ?

Oh God yeah. It's crazy but I've noticed that so many times. How exactly the same drug can seem to vary in euphoria for no clear reason from day to day.

Generally opioids will never be quite as good as when you first started them. They can certainly still be good. But they never quite reach that level again.

Also, as far as switching between different opioids. Call it partial cross tolerance, all it what you will but I've found it to be potentially quite inconsistent too.

Everyone from the very beginning knows that relying on opiates for anti-depressants/general mood elevators will result in nothing good. The very best recreational relationship one can have with them is one that's not a regular use scenario--where you only do them on occasional imo. Very few can moderate their use, and it takes time especially after former abuse patterns--but I do think it's possible!

This way you won't have to worry about withdrawals and actually benefit from the effects when you take them. It's really not worth gobbling them everyday. The low points that occur later in the addiction make any euphoria in the beginning not worth it.

Everyone from the very beginning knows that relying on opiates for anti-depressants/general mood elevators will result in nothing good. The very best recreational relationship one can have with them is one that's not a regular use scenario--where you only do them on occasional imo. Very few can moderate their use, and it takes time especially after former abuse patterns--but I do think it's possible!

This way you won't have to worry about withdrawals and actually benefit from the effects when you take them. It's really not worth gobbling them everyday. The low points that occur later in the addiction make any euphoria in the beginning not worth it.

Speaking only for myself. My ability to moderate my opioid usage is extremely small. I'm a junkie through and through when it comes to opioids. It may be possible to moderate it for some people. But for many like myself, opioids own your soul.

I'm not like it with all drugs. But from the second I first tried opioids. It was like they owned me from then on.

Speaking only for myself. My ability to moderate my opioid usage is extremely small. I'm a junkie through and through when it comes to opioids. It may be possible to moderate it for some people. But for many like myself, opioids own your soul.

I'm not like it with all drugs. But from the second I first tried opioids. It was like they owned me from then on.

No I totally get that.. that was me here and there. Once withdrawals were no longer an everyday fear, it became easier to avoid it in general.

The withdrawal holds you hostage and forces you to become a slave to your own use. It takes a lot of agony and patience but after the withrawals are no longer a factor at least you're the one that can summon when to use them or not. I'm at a better medium now. 100% abstinence is the end goal however.

Everyone's different. My natural tolerance just allows me 3 to 4 days of use. Then if i try some on the 5th day it has no effect. It might kill the pain but there's no high anymore

I noticed when i was on oxycodone by the second day i was already taking double from the day before, so all 30 pills gone in 3 days. Also because the actual effects lasted so short I could never experience withdrawal, but i never have anyway

Last edited:
I find it shocking how quickly the euphoria comes back.. making opiate addiction especially nasty.

It literally only takes about 4-5 days of withdrawal for the pleasure to return imo. So if you can wait that long, it could be for the best. Almost no one would never deliberately throw themselves into withdrawal, but honestly it's a huge waste to keep on trucking on with a useless substance when you might as well throw the pills in the trash. It also helps the effects become more pronounced if you lower your dose or taper back. But it's just how the mechanics work by nature and you can either accept it or just forego all opiate use altogether.

You could take a break and dose only Kratom, but if you're using opioids and Kratom together your tolerance will become sky high and it's so hard to get it back down. Just some food for thought. Most people move onto heroin or stronger opioids when they can't feel oxy anymore--and in almost all cases this is the biggest mistake ever. For me I can either have the substance in my life or not at all. I don't have self-control and I admit it. I'm way better off without it and unless you have true chronic pain literally everyone is better off without opiates in their life. It just gets way too dark in the grand scheme of things. I do find myself way happier without it but the grass is always greener on the other side and once you are familiar with opiates you'll always be either a) using and unhappy, or b) not using and want them.

Last edited:
In that way, i'm fortunate. There's always been euphoria for me and it's always consistent. The only paradoxical effect i've ever had was once when i took a higher dose of morphine than what i was used to on the 3rd day of the binge. It kept me up till 5am

Oxycodone did put me down though, and consistently but i needed very high doses; maybe close to 90mg. Definitely not sustainable

Last edited: