• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants In The True name of Harm Reduction can a Mod please verify

GeekinB3AST

Bluelighter
Can somone prefferably a Mod or a Veteran member please verify that this is correct and im not going to fucking kill myself, much appreciated
NOTE:GIB =METH
GIB Purification through Re-crystallization

Materials:
- 3 glass containers
- Pot/Pan large enough to 3 fit glass containers
- Bowl to contain ice water for cooling of single glass container
- Denatured Alcohol (Home Depot: Klean Strip Denatured Alcohol)
- Acetone (Home Depot: Klean-Strip Aceton)
- Filter: Coffee filter unbleached (preferable)

Prep:
- Freeze Acetone
- Clean containers
- Crush GIB into powder
- Bring water to simmer 70? C/158*F in pot/pan

Procedure:
1) Heat Denatured Alcohol
- Place ? - ? cup Alcohol in a glass container and heat in simmer water. Keep hot but regulate to prevent excessive boiling (flammable fumes).
-Note: Denatured Alcohol boils at 56? C./132.8*F
2) Place crush GIB in another glass container and place in the water.
3) Add 2ml denatured alcohol per 1gram GIB
- 2ml/gram - Alcohol:GIB ratio
a) Technique:
- Remove container from water for dissolving.
- Reheat container and/or introduce additional alcohol (? ml/gram) if further dissolving is needed.
4) Continue simmer Alcohol-GIB solution on low heat.
5) Action Item : Re-Dissolve
- Trigger: Skin/Crystals starts forming upon evaporation of Alcohol
- Response: Add ? - 1ml/gram until completely dissolved
6) Action Item (Repeat ~3 times) : Addition of Acetone
- Trigger: Skin/Crystals starts forming upon evaporation of Alcohol
- Response: Add 1ml increments of *freezer cold* acetone. Make sure crystals are at least covered.
a) Technique:
- Swirl to agitate crystal
- Keep acetone container sealed as long as possible, acetone absorbs moisture from the air.
- Do not evaporate last addition of acetone see step 7
b) Why:
- The point is to evaporate off the alcohol, while slowly bringing back the crystals in the acetone
7) With last acetone addition in step 6, do not evaporate fully. Crystals should be able to freely move in liquid.
8) Place Acetone-gib container in a bowl of Iced water to prevent further evaporation
9) Add 5-6 ml(0.34TBSP-0.41TBSP) Acetone to container
10) Filter gib through filter into 3rd glass container.
- Wash any remaining particles out of container with acetone into filter
- Contents trapped in filter is Gib
- Liquid filtered through is acetone (discard with running water)
11) Air dry gib (15-20 minutes)
12) Repeat Step 9 -> 11 for additional purification.

METHOD 2
Drying Acetone
⦁ Acetone
⦁ Epsom salts
⦁ Filter paper (coffee filters work fine)
⦁ Oven

Most acetone that youll buy will be dry enough to use for washing. Though the older it is the greater the chance it has absorbed moisture from the air.
Put some of the Epsom salts on a tray in the oven for an hour or so on at least 130 degrees Centigrade.(266 F ) (This is to dry any moisture out of them)
Pour the Epsom salts into the acetone and mix them around.
Filter the acetone through the filter paper.
Ideally, use the acetone soon, to avoid it re-absorbing more moisture.

Acetone Wash
Youll Need:
⦁ Acetone (really cold, to avoid losses)*Like do i put the Anhydrous Acetone in the freezer?
⦁ Bowl (ideally glass, shallow & with straight sides. Not too wide either, 4inch[10cm] is a good size)
⦁ Knife
Instructions:
[*]Put the Meth in bowl.
[*]Add the cold acetone 30-50mL is usually enough for ?-1gram
[*]Swish the bowl around and then use the knife to break up any larger bits of impurities A minute or so will be fine.
[*]Tip the bowl onto an angle and swish it around so that all of the meth is together in a corner.
[*]Let it settle out for a short while, then SLOWLY tip the bowl around so that the meth stays in the corner and the acetone drains off and is now on the other side of the bowl.
[*]The acetone can be poured off or you can leave the bowl propped up on an angle and let it evaporate. A small amount of meth will be in the acetone. You can pour it off into another bowl and then do more acetone washes on it if you want.
More acetone washes can be performed if it still looks to be dirty. Ideally, you should recrystalise the meth in between acetone washes (and even before the first wash)[/list]
Clean meth is a white-ish/cloudy crystal that will give off white vapour when heated

Recrystalisation
⦁ Bowl (same as the one above)
⦁ Ethanol (Methylated Spirits works fine) *HEET?
⦁ Knife
[*]Put the meth in the bowl
[*]Heat a small amount of Methylated Spirits( I have HEET will this work?) (a glass in the microwave works, just dont put it on for too long]
[*]Meth is quite soluble in Methylated Spirits, so you want to use as little as possible. 20-30mL for ½ gram
[*]Swish it around and then use the knife to help break up any bits that wont dissolve.
[*]Some of the impurities will dissolve, some wont. If youre unsure, add a tiny bit more Methylated Spirits and see if any more dissolves. If not then its probably an impurity.
If there are undissolved impurities, tip the bowl onto an angle and swish it around so that all the impurities are together in a corner.
[*]Let it settle out for a while, then SLOWLY tip the bowl around so that the crap stays where it is and the Methylated Spirits drains off it and is now on the other side of the bowl.
*]Scrape the crap out of the bowl.

Are you trying to clean your stuff or just grow crystals? Don't know as far as cleaning if it would work like DMT with a washing soda cleaning or like coke with acetone filter.

Growing crystals though just has to do with your solvent and how fast it evaporates. Naptha is a great choice for growing crystals. Here's some basic steps to do so.

1. Dissolve as much Crystal into room temp naptha. You can also throw a crystal in after everything dissolves as a seed Crystal that the saturated stuff will attach to when crashing out.

2. Let the naptha evaporate and you'll be left with a big Crystal.

If freeze precip works you can use warm naptha (do not put directly on heat source rather put in canning jar closed and let it sit in hot water heated elsewhere) then let it drop to room temp, put it in the fridge, back in room temp, back in fridge, repeat as many times until comfortable, then do the same back and forth between the fridge and freezer, and if there crystals developed pour off the naptha and either reuse to grow more crystals or evaporate it to collect the last of the crystal dissolved in it

I Have a bunch of tiny crytstals/powder im trying to clean and grow into bigger crystals, I also have a 21 Gram Rock that id be willing (Not with a smlile on my face) to break down and Clean if the Powder stuff turns out fire. Its all pretty good gib but i want better

First ask yourself how necessary this all is.

Are you currently very spun and delusional about contaminants in your GIB? Cause that happens a lot. There is no isopropylbenzylamine in there.

I say this cause you could've smoked a gram by now. Disclaimer: have not attempted, but fielded hundreds of these damn questions before.

ACETONE WASH: you can buy anhydrous acetone (dry enough for this) at a hardware store, if you want to skip baking Epsom salts in your oven. You could bake a few and leave them in your store-bought now-opened and absorbing moisture anhydrous acetone, so it'll stay dry for a while if you ever do this again.

You should totally put the acetone in your freezer to get cold. Meth is slightly soluble in acetone, less soluble the colder it is. You will lose some product the longer it sits under acetone. Other protocols have you put your dope in a coffee filter and just pour the cold acetone over. The more moisture in it, the more meth it will dissolve. So keep your acetone sealed.

Remember that the recovered dope needs a long time to dry. It'll also be all crushed up. Usefulness: only if you're a major IV user cleaning ounces do I think this is worth anyone's time. Don't play with flammable, volatile solvents near heat sources unless you really have to.

METHYLATED SPIRITS=ANHYDROUS DENATURED ALCOHOL=/=HEET: I wouldn't use HEET. I think it's dry and mostly methanol, but it's gonna have all kinds of additives they aren't required to put on the label. Useful in a pinch maybe, but you're going to this trouble, you want to do it right, while not spun or delusional or tweaking.

PRINCIPLE OF THE RECRYSTALIZATION (the bottom one and the top one): unlike a lot of protocols I've seen, I think this is the "real" one, taken from the Hive. You want to dissolve your dope in alcohol. Very little, hot, dry, alcohol. So it's very concentrated with meth, basically saturated. Then you crash it out, forcing it to crystalize by adding a tiny bit of dry acetone.

So, everything soluble in ethanol and acetone gets washed away, which is not your meth, which stays as crystals. You repeat this this till you have meth crystals in acetone. Which you then let dry.

That protocol LOOKS LIKE the proper way to do this. Is it worth your time? Probably not. Besides the usual flammable vapor warnings (for less than shotglass-size volumes), there's a lot of steps for a non-chemist and a lot of dope involved, potentially. Really, it's that I've seen these questions dozens of times, and every time the poster was either skirting the edges of paranoid contaminant delusion, or going deep into meth obsession. In the obsession phases, as you know, you tend to not be able to follow instructions and over-complicate everything.

And for what? Probably just removing a lot of MSM. Which you do if you smoke anyway, since it sublimates at like 300F. You can crush your stuff and put it in a 300F oven for like an hour, and get rid of the (harmless, btw) MSM that way. And then you smoke your ultra-pure dope, and promptly get vastly worse pyrolysis products from the meth itself.

If you use IV, with a raging habit, then you're going to want the absolute purest stuff you can make. Then I endorse this method. For anything less, if you're not comfortable with the principles, I wouldn't bother. If you secretly enjoy doing that kind of thing, then go for it. If for some reason you know, objectively (like not from the grizzled tweaker who knows there's never been good dope since he first slammed back in 1979 all cut up by the cartels now) that your stuff is cut with garbage, it's worth a try. Most meth is not cut to shit like these folks believe. At least not with more than like MSM. If it were cut up to hell, you could tell by the carbon in your bowl.

Bottom line is I think it introduces more harm than it reduces, for the average internet drug forum posting meth user.

No I don't use needles , I smoke , I'm not in delusional state , "I Used Coke , adderral , Opiates , LSD , MDMA all with no issues, id get high and then not touch it for weeks or months at a time, Meth is different, I Want to stop but my Brain don't want to stop, In a constant battle with myself and I'm loosing. I don't Go out and steal and rob to get money for my fix, I hold down a Job as a supervisor go to work everyday eat everyday Sleep Almost everyday Most ill stay up is 48Hours"
I simply want better Gib and copied the methods above from Drug fourms and Blue light and don't want to blow myself up

But thank you for your help , I appreciate it . Although I'm not a average meth user lol only my dealer knows

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, the protocol is not exactly enriching uranium-level complex. We're talking shot glasses of cold solvents going back and forth, it's totally feasible for a calm rational tweaker to do. It's just usually when you start to worry about your dope and pull the shot glasses and tumblers down and start building little stills for your hamsters, to hide the pure dope in their cheek pouches from those guys at work been following you.

If you're relaxed, sober and just curious, go ahead.

It's just, I don't think most users would notice any benefit. And you'll have more-obnoxious-to-smoke powder-shards at the end, that smell like nail-polish remover.

Yeah, there's good discussion over at the Hive archives, that really explains the process. On the live boards, there are all kinds of weird protocols for acetone washes, that are at best pointless and more likely just wasteful.

Nothing wrong with injection or a little boofing lol but the loss trying to get some bigger shards is just to much if anything and you want a chunk of stuff you could just make a super saturated solution in water or alcohol put a little heat on it and it recrystalizes you don't need much heat and I mean flame not methanol. I do this daily and don't seem to lose anything Pyrex dish stove water your in there I just use a space heater at times lol just tilt the glass pan and let most of it go to one side of the pan assuming you were just bored tweeking when this became something of interest it usually does lhh but your gonna just break it down anyway enjoy yourself trial and error never hurts

Thing is, Bath Salt, you're not accomplishing much. Maybe the aesthetic appeal of a larger shard.

But the idea that your dope is mostly hazardous chemicals that must be removed for a good smoking session, is the product of obsessive delusions, spread online. It's contagious. There just isn't enough hazardous matter in the meth to make fucking with it worth the effort and risk.

The dissatisfied meth smokers are always at least three days in to a binge, redosing frequently, wondering why they aren't getting "high" while spun as fuck. I speak from experience, as can be painfully reconstructed in my post history. This contaminates innocent readers like Mr. B3AST here, who begins to think he needs to take action on his dope.

tacodude said:
If it is to inject or smile one shouldn't risk adding solvents

This is a good point. Fortunately, trace acetone isn't toxic, although I wouldn't want it injected. My diabetic ass makes acetone all the time (not my ass, my liver, but . . . ). Some of the PMs I've received asking questions about these protocols, made me worry people were using nail polish remover instead of neat acetone. I don't know what all is in that, but there's a lot of stuff, and I'm pretty sure you don't want it in your veins.

Yeah and to be frank, alot of the cuts that say, the cartels, use aren't soluble in acetone either, they have real degree holding chemists making the stuff nowadays. Same reason, "burning off your cut" is bullshit nowadays.

I appreciate the constructive critisizim but I'm also not an "ice" user nor do I purchase my stuff from another person I do the reduction I know what goes in the meth I do and it is just meth i could definitely see the concern in getting crystal from some one you deal with loosely alot of trash mimics dope that's why I went back to my old ways oh and price is getting out of hand in my eyes sorry off topic but if there is isopropylbenzlamine in it you won't get it out it's to similar to meth if he wanted to clean it because it's junk dry acetone maybe or make it free of base and bubble hcl through it or acid drop it impuritys wont be as high if ran through filters

This is an essential protocol for chefs in the trade, and anyone who handles its re-packaging. I don't want to start any HCl gas bubbling through the free base.

You and Tubb's both point out the irony is that the phantom menace of isopropylbenzylamine, said by some to make up 99% of your dope, has the exact same solubilties and wouldn't be removed by this process. Futility all the way around.

And just a little reasoning: if your dope was as cut up as, say, cocaine, where does the cut go when you heat your bubble to 400F? You see those first fumes, that little sizzle when you first heat a shard, MSM sublimating away, maybe some water vapor too. What's left melts cleanly and vaporizes almost completely. There's nothing left but a little trace of the carmelized meth that's just unavoidable. If there was baking soda or bath salts or chem trails in your dope, they would burn up. Your bowl would look like an unwashed casserole dish. But it doesn't. And that's because it's not cut to shit with anything that doesn't cleanly disappear before you start smoking.

Of course, there is ONE chemical that might have those exact same properties . . . .

And yes, I know my fellow tweakers have moved on to the entire short N-aliphatic benzylamine family as co-conspirators. They aren't there either.

Nail Polish Remover contains Denatonium Benzoate in many brands.

Denatonium benzoate is the most bitter chemical compound known. Denatonium benzoate is used in the food and beverage industry as well as a solvent in many household and personal care products.

Not sure of the implications of using it, but doesn't look good.

Ask the former pro-drunk, he knows what that tastes like, kids. Don't get too close though, he doesn't smell that great.

It's the generally recognized as safe denaturant in a lot of "SD alcohols". The super-duper bitter mostly comes out as super-potent, so they only need a drop in their various toiletries.

Companies are only satisfying the alcohol tax man, they don't give a shit about diversion. So you don't even notice it. Esp. compared to what you're actually drinking.

The stuff in nail polish remover is so god awful, whatever it is (not acetone) do not ever clean your pipe with it.

I think it's mainly rubbing alcohol that gets it, or at least the store-brand 70% isopropyl alcohol. That makes an interesting, extremely long-lived stupefying cocktail.

The ones with the Denatonium Benzoate only had acetone as the other ingredient but they were the "top shelf" NP removers. I still think the poly-urethanes & methyl methacrylate are real gems when drifting through a nail salon , not quite Dimethyl trisulfide but wow, how do those workers stand that all day.

OT: Le Junk has a great thread you might want to peruse and compare purification methods. He also incorporates the wax coated paper plate technique, looks interesting and some swear by it:

https://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/317605-cocaine-purification-the-absolute-final-thread?