• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

In need of support withdrawal

Makes sense. I guess if people want these questions answered this way then wed better do that the best we can. Just felt some sort of existential dread for a bit there. I haven't been sleeping well for a long time.

Loperamide will definitely be healthier than tylenol 1s. Would you suggest some sort of stool softener or laxative to combat constipation if that were to occur? I'm reading all these conflicting opinions by a group of doctors of all people on healthtap. You have any experience?

@JagrPens how are you?
I would guess the constipation is no more than caused by oxycodone

Makes sense. I guess if people want these questions answered this way then wed better do that the best we can. Just felt some sort of existential dread for a bit there. I haven't been sleeping well for a long time.

Loperamide will definitely be healthier than tylenol 1s. Would you suggest some sort of stool softener or laxative to combat constipation if that were to occur? I'm reading all these conflicting opinions by a group of doctors of all people on healthtap. You have any experience?

@JagrPens how are you?
As of yesterday afternoon I started to kick the EXTREME anxiety. Had to leave work early Monday and took off Tuesday as I thought I was having a heart attack. I have taken up to 5-6 immodiums along with 1.5-2mg xanax and decided to give kratom another go as it never did anything before. Took a plastic spoon and did a wash and toss. Feeling much better from that! The immodium is a definite need for the cramping and runs. I need to buy more today. Thanks for asking.

As of yesterday afternoon I started to kick the EXTREME anxiety. Had to leave work early Monday and took off Tuesday as I thought I was having a heart attack. I have taken up to 5-6 immodiums along with 1.5-2mg xanax and decided to give kratom another go as it never did anything before. Took a plastic spoon and did a wash and toss. Feeling much better from that! The immodium is a definite need for the cramping and runs. I need to buy more today. Thanks for asking.
Okay that's fantastic to hear you're okay and working towards a solution. The level you're at sounds pretty low for whatever you must have been going through before to put you in this state. Keep up the good work. You're gonna be okay. Just keep reducing as much as you can and you know there's a way out. Check back in here any time if you need support.

If you are still experieincing loss of appetite I recommend drinking chicken noodle soup. I get the campbells kind that you have to add the can of water to. The noodles are soft and the chicken bits are super small. I dont really even chew it just drink it down. I also recommend a protein powder and make protein shakes. Seriously, I full stomach makes me feel so much better during wds!

Keep it up!! You're doing great so far and shouldnt have much more to bare. Beware with the Kratom, lots of people here end up stuck on it and going thru the very same withdrawals when trying to get off. It affects the same recwptors as opiates or something. Id do a quick search of the site for more info if I was you.

You mentioned in a post "this time" so I assume this isnt your firsts time getting clean from opiates so you are aware of PAWs then?

Thanks you're right. I wasn't considering the percs had tylenol. And you're right that 4g is what's considered a safe max dose.

I have a question about the loperamide though. I've read that since loperamide is only active in the intestines, it's sort of a placebo or minimal effect at best? There's been a lot of conflicting opinions here that I've seen. I know that T1s aren't that much codeine either and not incredibly effective, but wouldn't that still be better than something which apparently doesn't cross the bloodbrain barrier well and just causes constipation? Especially at 4mg, that's almost nothing. Just wondering if this actually worked for you.

Anyway. Reading back on my answer here. That was bad advice. Don't drink and take tylenol 1s to get off of opiates. I did it but holy fuck did I ever take a beating physically. I started drinking way too much, and although I never took more than maybe 8 T1s and more often 3-6 (3, 1-2x/day) I think I'm okay but I've looked and felt better.

Now I'm no T1s, much less alcohol but I'm struggling with meth again already,, and I want to take a minute here to advocate for actual detox or medically supervised help. We all seem to have a lot of ideas here, but I think there's a tendency for these different types of tapers happening all around in that this isn't necessarily working for a lot of people. I'm more and more convinced that for me that if I'm going to stop. I need to just stop. No tapers. No bullshit. These are good harm reduction methods but are they really wise for someone who's trying to stop without medical consult?

It's possible in higher doses some loperamide crosses the blood brain barrier, in my experience it doesn't take much opioid effects to significantly lessen withdrawal symptoms.

It's possible in higher doses some loperamide crosses the blood brain barrier, in my experience it doesn't take much opioid effects to significantly lessen withdrawal symptoms.
Okay thanks. Ill see you around!🤟

Stop drinking Alcohol. Alcohol seems like a great idea when you're sick, but it's my personal experience that Alcohol will provided about 15 minutes of relief followed by an intense hangover that lasts for what seems like an entirely too fucking long time. It took me years of "learning", but I would absolutely never drink Alcohol if I were sick now.

What's your situation OP? Why are you not using Opioids? Why are you going out and doing shit when you're sick when you should be at home sobbing about missed opportunities in life and how you've been forsaken by God? At least that would be more my style. When I start getting even a little bit sick, people start pissing me off to such an extent that I have to be alone. I don't want to give people the idea that I don't care about what they're saying, even if, in fact, I really, really don't care wat they're saying.

Regarding the Loperamide guys, definitely a further disclaimer is warranted regarding Loperamide and its effects on the Qt interval of the heart. There are plenty of other drugs, Opioids included (Methadone for instance) that also are known to produce negative symptoms in the context of the heart rhythm, but Loperamide is a little different. It's not nearly as "active" as a drug like Methadone. It's my understanding that you eseentially need to take so much that your blood-brain barrier can't hande the onslaught. I don't have numbers, but I'm sure when you're taking high doses of Loperamide that you're taking a bigger risk.
The short answer is she's not doing opioids because she doesn't want to do opioids.

She's received a lot of good advice from the community. Clearly she's no novice to this and has employed partial and full agonists in the past.

More power to her.

Also recommend kratom. If you can buy it where you live.
How do you use your kratom? If I may ask. I had tried before-- once or twice when out of any opiates and trying to stop the anxiety for craving. Mixing it in a beverage and never worked. Yesterday and today I took a plastic teaspoon and put it in the baggie and just tossed and washed it down...and it helped. I really felt like "normal" and almost happy to just be at work/alive.

I really appreciate this community. I am not a novice but on certain things I am. I don't have friends that have opiate addictions so I don't know anyone to talk to. I was taking a few pills a month or a week on and off until the pandemic. Then I was starting to go daily. I "quit" when I realized that 40mg hydro/oxy was my threshold. Too expensive and obviously bad for me (but we all know that.) So the peak I was at was let's say 30mg percocet x3 per day and it was starting to not even work. I am naive in that way of the world. :(

4-5 grams of powder should work. If not 6-7 will definitely have an effect. Powder is hard to measure by sight. Roughly 1 level teaspoon = 4 grams. Much easier to purchase capsules 2x/ea = 1g. Kratom is also sold in liquid form, I posted the ones I tried under Other Drugs: kratom ...
However it can be habit forming

I agree that you should not be drinking much if any alcohol until you're through to the other side. Then you'll be able to safely enjoy drinking again.

Yeah, really try to pace yourself with the alcohol. I've drank 40-50oz whisky daily in recent weeks and the results were predictable. Cracked rib(s), black eye, (not from a fight), fell out of a truck camper onto concrete, lost and found cell phone many times, got taken advantage of by some random much older women, and the list goes on and on. Back in April, heavy drinking contributed to a benzo withdrawal seizure due to severe dehydration and electrolyte disturbances. Please be careful. Stay safe girl.
that you Buk?

Don't think so
does nobody read Bukowski anymore?

I guess it makes sense since his best stuff was written in the 70s. Like the short stories in the book South of no North. Also he wrote the screenplay of the movie Barfly. And he was an underestimated poet, probably writing more than a dozen books of poetry, but that's not even the right word for his brutally honest working class view of life, drinking, gambling, and especially women

Last edited:
But that might end soon as there was a sudden covid outbreak and the city might shut down all the bars. So yeah, bit more stable :)
Polish-20210617-123859610.jpg

Better mostly except my mid-lower back is killing me. And I'm having sleeping problems. I spent Monday night in detox and they didn't even give me benzos. So I left the next day. Only good thing was some of the nurses were very friendly and striking haha.

Been pacing myself. 2 pints around 9-10am. Then nothing for about 12 hours. Then 375ml hard stuff. The pints are mostly because I live like right next to a bar. But that might end soon as there was a sudden covid outbreak and the city might shut down all the bars. So yeah, bit more stable :)
Oh man I assume you are not in the U.S. My state was the only one in the country to close down all liquor stores for 3 months during the pandemic. Then the neighboring states wouldn't accept anyone from our state in their stores. Had my mom send me care packages of alcohol.

Oh man I assume you are not in the U.S. My state was the only one in the country to close down all liquor stores for 3 months during the pandemic. Then the neighboring states wouldn't accept anyone from our state in their stores. Had my mom send me care packages of alcohol.
What state was that? I understand if you don't want to give the exact State you're in, but give us what region of the country. I live in California where apart from Wal-mart and Target and Costco liquor stores and cannabis dispensaries were considered essential businesses. Something like 1/3 of all restaurants--typically small family-run businesses--have closed permanently. drive-through at Taco Bell & McDonald's is humming

Last edited:
What state was that? I understand if you don't want to give the exact State you're in, but give us what region of the country. I live in California where apart from Wal-mart and Target and Costco liquor stores and cannabis dispensaries were considered essential businesses. Something like 1/3 of all restaurants--typically small family-run businesses--have closed permanently. drive-through at Taco Bell & McDonald's is humming
Pennsylvania. Since all alcohol here is owned by the state liquor control boards they all shut down for the virus.

Loperamide 64mg ( 8 pills) once a day which even webmd said is safe if you have an Rx took away all my withdrawals from 40mgs of Percocet.
I took it with on the label doses of milk of magnesia and DXM. The DXM seemed to further help with the mental side of withdrawal and the milk of magnesia was because the usual planned effects of loperamide becomes the scariest side effect ( besides if the milk of magnesia gives you the runs and then family asks what the loperamide is for you can be like what the heck do you think?! Need a diagram?)

kratom is much safer than loperamide though. Oh and Dramamine for sleeping.

Even before I knew about loperamide I was able to get around 6 hours of sleep with taking a Dramamine about 30 minutes before bedtime.

I just wrote a blog post about how I am trying to get my kratom flavoring method just right. I do know milk especially whole milk blocks the tannin which my chemist dad assures me is what makes kratom bitter. if I am feeling really bad whole chocolate milk real does wonders

When it looks more like milk than kratom I won’t taste the kratom. Other than that, whatever I put it in has to be as hot ( temperature wise as I can stand it).

I recommend red Sumatra if you can find it. Red or yellow Bali is my second choice

Last edited:
Loperamide 64mg ( 8 pills) once a day which even webmd said is safe if you have an Rx took away all my withdrawals from 40mgs of Percocet.
I took it with on the label doses of milk of magnesia and DXM. The DXM seemed to further help with the mental side of withdrawal and the milk of magnesia was because the usual planned effects of loperamide becomes the scariest side effect ( besides if the milk of magnesia gives you the runs and then family asks what the loperamide is for you can be like what the heck do you think?! Need a diagram?)

kratom is much safer than loperamide though. Oh and Dramamine for sleeping.

Even before I knew about loperamide I was able to get around 6 hours of sleep with taking a Dramamine about 30 minutes before bedtime.

I just wrote a blog post about how I am trying to get my kratom flavoring method just right. I do know milk especially whole milk blocks the tannin which my chemist dad assures me is what makes kratom bitter. if I am feeling really bad whole chocolate milk real does wonders

When it looks more like milk than kratom I won’t taste the kratom. Other than that, whatever I put it in has to be as hot ( temperature wise as I can stand it).

I recommend red Sumatra if you can find it. Red or yellow Bali is my second choice
Wowza! Yes thank you! Finally found the last two days feeling good taking 3 heaping teaspoons of a green maeng da and even have energy a bit more. Really loving this though weird it only works on me with a toss and wash. I guess it’s apparently like really bad if I’m taking that much ? From what I’ve read people take a quarter teaspoon or a gram (i don’t do grams i just don’t get measuring LOL) but what I’ve done is good for me and doesn’t make me feel sick or headachy etc. thank goodness for kratom though I’m a beginner!

the first time i tried it like a year ago i went to a shop and was like I’m in withdrawal from my pain meds that I’ve quit and the guy yelled at me to get out of the store. I’m that naive.