• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

In Memoriam Captain.Heroin

I have confirmed this with family. CaptainHeroin, who has been a senior moderator here for so long, has recently passed away from a tragic OD. He has helped me for very many years with harm reduction, along with countless others. He helped me laugh when no one else could. It is with great sadness I announce this to the BL community. I am weeping.

I didn't know him. I don't know any people here really. I am a hit and run poster and not as social as I once used to be online. I want to pass my deepest condolences onto his family and his close friends here on the forum. I remember losing friends on some forums I was a member on over twenty years ago and it's really hard even though the friendships are virtual, they are still veyr real. Rest in peace, Captain. Warmest regards. <3

I have confirmed this with family. CaptainHeroin, who has been a senior moderator here for so long, has recently passed away from a tragic OD. He has helped me for very many years with harm reduction, along with countless others. He helped me laugh when no one else could. It is with great sadness I announce this to the BL community. I am weeping.

That’s too bad, he was a great person. RIP

Captain was the first guy to reach out to me when I joined this site. A great guy and a tragic loss for this community. Rest In Peace brother.

Never was personally close to him and I’m not gonna pretend I was.
but when I was a lurker for a long time
His knowledge kept me from dying many many times among countless other information about harm reduction etc.

RIP to a good and caring person I wish there was something more to say then that to make his family and friends feel better but sadly I know there isn’t.

I send my prayers and my condolences wholeheartedly 🙏🏼❤️

Last edited:
This is so sad, he's the first person I knew from Bluelight that has died, we chatted about random stuff on here on my old profiles, I've just re-joined and find this out, I can't believe he's passed away, but like others have said he's free and at peace now, I've not been on here for months, I had no idea he was suicidal because he didnt seem that way the last time I was on Bluelight and I saw his comments on here, he was a funny bloke, I liked him

R.I.P

I've been inactive for a couple months to cool off after a scare, So I'm just finding this out now. My condolences to his family; his blood family and the family he chose. While we were not close, I did have the privilege of interacting with the good Capt. once or twice, but the wealth of HR posts and generally solid advice he consistently posted, were/are invaluable to me. They've helped me make educated choices, laugh, cry, reflect.. he was a pillar of this community.

@Captain.Heroin ,
You left too soon,
but at least you died doing what you love.

Rest easy my guy, Your finally free.

Last edited:

I'm so saddened to hear this! My deepest condolences to his close friends and family 😞

Damn. I just logged in for the first time in probably a few years to try and look up some hr advice I'd recalled reading from the Captain and I see this. I didn't know him but always really appreciated and felt confident in his info and will remember his contribution. Thanks for all the wisdom Cap!

This was his wish, I've never met someone more vertical but diagonally than him, he was one in his own breed ahaha. I dunno what to say, I don't hold feelings towards virtual ''relationships'' if I can call'em so but it is pretty gloomy since he was a good cheese in dog's bellows. Rest in the love you were searching for.

This is my fist time back on Bluelight in many years. I have never read a word written by this man but seeing how much he has touched peoples lives genuinely moved me ( also made me realize how little of a mark I have made in my life ). My love and thoughts go out to those close ( and distant ) to him. Opiates do nothing but take yet we give all we have to have them take from us.
Much love people
Joe

Last edited:
I only knew you for a little less than a year but we spent a lot of hours going over everything. Miss you brother. It'd be cool to have another chat with you showing me all your endless knick knacks and enthusiasm for all the detail in all of it. I remember you showed me a board game you and your dad made together when you were a kid and you went over all the rules with me and everything. I hope your family knows how much they did (do?) mean to you.

Still can’t believe captain is gone . One of the only memebers I private messaged with . I hope he is in a better place now . Rip!! will never forget you.

I've read so much for him, never posted something since recently... just reading was helping me.
His name was maybe the first name I've seen here, really I think.
Was reading about sad..bad habit..how to manage myself.
I quit, he didn't.

I see many people going OD, and always the same question..was it an accident, or was it voluntary. I struggled a lot with that.
Because I know how you can do the jump..

He did it.

Sorry for all of his friends, I know he was there a lot for many people here..sorry for his family, it hurts.

All good everyone.

Wow, i havent been here for a few months and am o ly just hearing this....CH was one of my first friends herw on bl over 12 years ago....great guy, always pmd me had some nice chats. Im in canada and so we would swap stories of our local.scenes whzt was available. Price etc. And obviously chemistry and harm reduction.

Gona miss you bro,

The OG

I haven't been around here in a long time and just found out today. I was mostly lurking back then, but remember being struck by his knowledge, intelligence, and humanity.