• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

In Memoriam Captain.Heroin

I have confirmed this with family. CaptainHeroin, who has been a senior moderator here for so long, has recently passed away from a tragic OD. He has helped me for very many years with harm reduction, along with countless others. He helped me laugh when no one else could. It is with great sadness I announce this to the BL community. I am weeping.

The Captain was Just a breath of fresh air for me, we could not have had more different circumstances, but both struggled with the Disease of Addiction!! I loved to see and then read his input and help to all and anyone's problems. CH was a caring soul, he will be missed! RIP , brother

I have confirmed this with family. CaptainHeroin, who has been a senior moderator here for so long, has recently passed away from a tragic OD. He has helped me for very many years with harm reduction, along with countless others. He helped me laugh when no one else could. It is with great sadness I announce this to the BL community. I am weeping.
I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for all of you and your loved ones. Be safe out there. 💕💔

My friend OD'd in my bathroom a few hours. I wrote a post that's in the dark side now. Survivors hell. CH and now Nate.

although you may not have known me as igor captain we have crossed paths in the past.

may your soul be granted eternal ecstasy and know that your contributions to the world were great.

you will be greatly missed.

I can't count how many old schoolers are dead either from drugs or tragic accidents.
We play a very dangerous game I'm in pretty shocked that I'm still standing and some of the people I consider much more intelligent and knowledgeable than me have passed away. It's beyond sad and for a long time wondered when my turn was. But I think I just made it through. Now I just need to stay sane from the meth, haven't done h in 5 months.
Hope your blessing out up in heaven brother RIP!

Haven't been here in a while and I find out CH has passed. What a shock and feeling sad though I barely knew him. He was still a senior moderator when I joined but he than resigned but was still active on bluelight. He seemed to be doing okay when I joined but from what I read he was very depressed. He was a legend and will be missed. After being clean for quite a while something went terribly wrong to make him start again. May his memory be eternal and RIP CH.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I didn't know him personally, but he was a familiar name to me on BL, back in the old days. My condolences to those who loved him.

I was thinking about you today Andrew. What you would tell me in this situation. What new artwork you would want to show me after I brought it up. Wish I could call you on discord right now. Love you man.

God it hurts to see someone who worked so hard on helping others accidently hurt himself.

Before i made an account here your information really did alot for me. Thank you for that <3

Pretty upset to hear this. He was a great dude willing to take the time to help and give advice to anyone. He will be missed bluelight wont be the same without him..i.havent been on here much the last few years but he was really a staple member back when I frequented the forums

RIP my heart bleeds for his family and friends, and everyone here on BL will miss him like no other!

I now regret putting off joining here for so long, since that hesitation made me miss my opportunity to ever talk to you.
I probably read every single one of your posts, feeling as though we might connect, since much of your obvious issues with chronic depression / suicidal thoughts were a mirror to my own.

... My sincere condolences go out to everyone here who personally knew you. They will have lost that very rare thing ; a real friend.

To me you were the truest voice of this place, and I feel I should thank you even though you cannot now acknowledge the thanks.
I never had the privilege of exchanging thoughts and words with you, through my own negligence. Allow me to wish you peace, comrade, wherever you are.

'O Captain, our Captain!
The prize you sought is won :
Your ship is anchor'd safe at last,
The fearful voyage done.'

(paraphrased from Walt Whitman)

Damn that really sucks he was such a good and helpful person, I can't imagine what his family is going through if us here are bluelight are this upset. It doesn't make it better, but the only thing that gives me solace is the fact that he died in the most peaceful way possible. Goddamn you will be missed and I pray for his family. Cause last year I lost my dad to a heroin overdose 8 days from his 59th birthday. I had 6 vials of narcan or Naloxone and a nasal spray. I think someone sabotaged me because I kept it all on the top of my bookshelf. Well whenever he fell out i searched for 5-10 minutes cause I knew it was there so I didn't call an ambulance right away so it's hard not to blame myself. Cause there was nothing they could do and they tried. They even tried to blame me for not stopping him from taking it. And the reason I think I was sabotaged was because 6 days later I found all the vials and everything full under a bunch of stuff under my closet, which was a real slap in the face. Sorry to get off topic.

But CaptainHeroin you will be loved and missed by everyone this forum. It's so sad to lose anyone especially drug addicts that have good souls, and wouldn't steal anything from anyone ever. Because those are rare breeds

R.I.P CH

your advice helped me many times especially against doing stupid shit in the future that without seeing your advice previously , I may have done... You've helped many ppl greatly especially me, OD won't be the same without you :( ... hope his family sees this and sees the good he did for many ppl,maybe even saving lives.. ppl tend to think because you're a drug addict or in active addiction you can't help others, but CH proves that wrong he helped me on many occasions that no one else thought was worth their time he took the time to help ppl even with the dumbest most basic ?'s that some would say every drug addict should know, he still would take the time to share his wisdom.. R.I.P Brother!