• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

In Memoriam Captain.Heroin

I have confirmed this with family. CaptainHeroin, who has been a senior moderator here for so long, has recently passed away from a tragic OD. He has helped me for very many years with harm reduction, along with countless others. He helped me laugh when no one else could. It is with great sadness I announce this to the BL community. I am weeping.

035-ECF42-5-A69-487-D-8563-81-C18-B032-ED6.jpg

OMG!
I just happened to check in today and I see this news.
It is a stab to my heart.
No! No! No!
I’m in shock.
The tears are coming.
I will write more later.
Oh my friends, we lost Captain.

Oh this really hit me hard.
I have been bent over sobbing.
The tears are still flowing as I write this.

I want to give my condolences to his family and friends.
I think the Captain was loved by ALL whom had the pleasure to know him.
It was a pleasure and a treasure to know him.
He helped many, many, people despite his own suffering.

I will see you on the other side my dear friend.
Thank you for all the good times and laughs and for always being there.
Nobody could pick me up like you did.
I am mourning the loss of you to this world.
I love you, we all loved You!

Until we meet again.

and the angels wept.

This. He really did want life to end. I thought he was clean off H tho.for a long time. But if you're a former H addict...u know how to make it end when you're ready. Maybe he was ready. I'm ready too personally. I have everything in life u could want except freedom from chronic pain. CH had chronic emotional pain which can be equally as taxing. I feel kinda relieved for him...but sad for his loved ones
Chronic Pain is a bitch to try and live with.
In all its nasty forms.
I know this well.
I feel you LD. I feel you. ❤️

I feel some relief that CH is no longer suffering.
but damn, he is missed by many.
He was able to understand and help so many.

I love all you guys.
I want only the best for you.
I just want you to know that.

I do understand how Chronic Pain just takes away your life.
All you have left is to help others.
That is huge though.

God said he will always give us a way out.....

That's sad news. He was here so long I took him for granted. He was kind enough to respond to my queries. I hope death is a warm soft place.

Cap has been a piller of the community for a long time. As I approach my 9th year on bluelight, it's increasingly the case that most people have been around for less time than I have.

Cap joined long before I did though. He was one of the earliest bluelighters who caught my attention.

I'm still waiting for his death to feel real. I keep seeing the announcement and it seems impossible. No matter how many times I might have feared or imagined that it might end this way, it still doesn't quite feel like reality.

I've been a member of this forum, on and off, for over 21 years.

I often encounter people (that have like 20,000 posts) and I have no idea who they are. This was never the case with CH. He was always part of BL for me. This is partly because we frequented similar forums, but also because he was unique.

Back when I was a mod on Words, we were pretty close.

I'll miss him.

Cap has been a piller of the community for a long time. As I approach my 9th year on bluelight, it's increasingly the case that most people have been around for less time than I have.

Cap joined long before I did though. He was one of the earliest bluelighters who caught my attention.

I'm still waiting for his death to feel real. I keep seeing the announcement and it seems impossible. No matter how many times I might have feared or imagined that it might end this way, it still doesn't quite feel like reality.

Feel this. I recognize less and less of the names, and the great ones that ran this place 10 years ago are mostly dead and gone. Weird world.

His insane green font caught my attention. Really made him stand out even more, in hindsight. I wonder how many of his sassy but helpful posts I/we have read over the years

We must truly Try our Hardest to Keep our Head where Our Feet ARE!! I struggle with this many days but do accomplish it more than Not! Over many years I have learned that besides my chronic pain, my difficulties are in my head.
" If it can be fixed by Money ten its not a real big problem!
May All The Mothers on this page have a wonderful day, enjoy, your family, friends, and yourself!!

I would have never Meet or Surely been friends with Capt if Not for this page, and my life is very improved because of our friendship.
Love ICE

I think that's a great point gaz.. but yeah let's try and keep anything too political or argumentative off of this thread. I'm gonna see if there's something comparable in another thread I can move it to.

I guess he finally found the peace he was looking for.

I wish we were on better terms before you left us. I fought with you and I hated you but here I am posting and fucking crying anyways. We had a lot more good times than bad though, and you always tried to be a good friend to everyone which is something I admired about you. I still do.

I love you Cap, I hope you finally found somewhere you're comfortable.