Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

importing nos

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
im planning on buying LOTS of nangs over the net, you dont need any kinds of permits or anything to buy a few boxes from overseas would i? would customs give me shit.
i also wanna get some mimosa.h, will i get crap for that, last time i got morning glories from that site i got them seized:( all help welcome.
thanx see who can guess what my name was before the_ketamanhehe:D

You cant sent compressed gasses via airmail, so you'll need to wait a fair while to get them too. Not worth it in my opinion.

comf0rtably numb said:
Combine that with the fact that you get them delivered to your door...
I ordered nangs from a major catering company in Melbourne. Free delivery to your house by a courier if the purchase is over $45.
Do a little research and order away, no questions asked

*EDIT* We also ordered 200 and still got no hastles. They asked if I realised there were 10 in a box and I just said, 'yep' and that was that...

Ummm, I think you may have issues importing them from NZ if that's what you were thinking. NZ don't allow those types of compresses gasses to be sent via air. It has a risk of blowing up during flight.

Why not just see a wholesaler they cost like 2.5 times as less then per box, than thewy do in the shops that way. Check places restaurants get supplies from.

If you were going to buy allot why doing you just rent out a tank and fill it up as at a gas shop much cheaper them buying bulbs

speedygonzales said:
If you were going to buy allot why doing you just rent out a tank and fill it up as at a gas shop much cheaper them buying bulbs
You can't just buy nitrous oxide in a tank its not like buying helium from a party supplies stockist.

Cowboy Mac said:
You can't just buy nitrous oxide in a tank its not like buying helium from a party supplies stockist.

yes you can well you could in 2002 I don't think the laws have chaneged. U can buy engine and food grade nos but not medical grade. U can buy it from the largest gas distributer in australia with it's name starting with B. I'v seen them for sale in auto shops as well although I would not have the curage t inhale tham as they may be mixed with some fule additives. but the ones from the gas shop contain nothing but nos

speedygonzales said:
yes you can well you could in 2002 I don't think the laws have chaneged. U can buy engine and food grade nos but not medical grade. U can buy it from the largest gas distributer in australia with it's name starting with B. I'v seen them for sale in auto shops as well although I would not have the curage t inhale tham as they may be mixed with some fule additives. but the ones from the gas shop contain nothing but nos
Automotive nitrous is not pure and should never be taken, it may or may not have dangerous additives or impurities. I was referring to medical grade nitrous.

Like splatt said, look closer at these wholesalers that supplies stuff for commerical kitchens, I work in a Kitchen and I was surprised to see the price they sold for bulks of 100 to 1000 bulbs, beats the prices you pay at the local shop that you often stock up at wee hours of 3-5am in the mornings.

Some wholesalers you need to supply a Business Tax number thingy I forgot what its called.

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
We also ordered 200 and still got no hastles. They asked if I realised there were 10 in a box and I just said, 'yep' and that was that...

Classic. "Sir, do you realise you are buying 2,000 nitrous bulb?"

Reply:"Yes, I was actually going to get 3,000 but then we found out 20% of the church congregation are on a low GI diet and cant eat scones with cream."

"Sir, we will have them to you ASAP"

Seriously though!!!!

speedygonzales suggesting automotive NOS was very irresponsible. There is a FAQ Splatt put together and it is very informative and cover how automotive NOS will kill you!

speedygonzales suggesting automotive NOS was very irresponsible. There is a FAQ Splatt put together and it is very informative and cover how automotive NOS will kill you!

In all likelihood you won't die from taking a few balloon hits of autograde N2O - not instantly anyway. Still, anyone contemplating using this source should be well informed regarding the major toxic impurity.

Autograde does contain low amounts of a particularly nasty impurity, and once we identified this (spec brochure from gas supplier) it was found (edit: assumed- we had no way of testing accurately) it could be filtered out using a lime water scrubber [and reactor chamber, see post below]. In fact, unless the formulation has changed, there is very little between all the grades, but it's enough to have potentially nasty consequences to long term health, or perhaps even short term if enough gas was inhaled.

The main impurity in autograde is H2S, and although present at very low amounts, it is very toxic so IMO it is important to remove it.

[Edit: unsafe advice reworded; p_d]

Last edited:
^P_d, yeah I hear what you are saying.

However, you also have what I would call an above average knowledge of scientific matters. What about the kid who has fuck all idea and wouldn't know -

1. H2S is present in auto grade NOS; and
2. How to filter it out.

Wouldn't you say it is more responsible to assume a wide audience to these forums rather than assuming everyone is up to speed with such matters?

Well limewater is calcium hydroxide, Ca(OH)2, and scrubbers are devices employed on an industrial scale to minimise sulfur/nitrogen oxide emissions by either removing them entirely, or neutralizing them. So basically by passing the N2O through a slurry of limewater it's possible to remove the sulfide content and voila, you have your consumable N2O. Mind you i've never heard of scrubbers used outside of industry, so i'm not exactly sure how you'd do it but maybe p_d can elaborate a little.

Last edited:
I've said it before but I think my previous extended period of nitrous oxide consumption resulted a particularly sketchy memory for much of that time.

Discussing this last night, an old mate reminded me that it may not have been quite as easy as I have implied, as a few ideas were tried before one was settled on. More importantly, he said he was sure that the first filter didn't use Ca(OH)2, but that the outlet of this was run into the limewater scrubber (which he added, was more a limewater filter than a scrubber). But not having been involved myself with the designing & building of the filter, I was damned if I could remember what the substance was. To cut a long story short, I eventually spoke to someone who took great pleasure in reminding what was used, how it all went together, and just why this was considered the optimum approach. Duh... 8(

The first filter used napisan, as H2S reacts with peroxide in an alkaline environment to produce thiosulphates, sulphates, and a minimum amount of sulphur (napisan is percarbonate, made from sodium carbonate and hydrogen peroxide). This therefore minimises SO2 production (from reaction with sulphur and N2O). The limewater reacts with products from any trace amounts of SO2 that may result. The physical requirements were that the regulator was set to allow a fairly low flow in order to minimise frothing. The gas was fed into a modified plastic nozzle and spray head from a micro garden watering system, which bubbled the gas into a cylinder containing the napisan water. The outlet was connected to a similar setup containing limewater and finally to an empty container with sintered disc to act as a water trap.

So excuse my initial claims of simplicity. To think I had this contraption around for some time and possibly even changed the filter solutions... :

Wouldn't you say it is more responsible to assume a wide audience to these forums rather than assuming everyone is up to speed with such matters?

I'm not for one moment saying anyone should use nitrous, from filtered autograde gas, or via any unapproved method. If you read most of my encounters with the drug, you'll see that most of it is pretty awful really.

However, I think it's important to question what is unknown, and to present the facts where possible, rather than trying to scare off would bees with incorrect information. Nitrous is very unlikely to kill you outright if taken via a balloon from a properly regulated tank of autograde. But the potential for associated health problems is certainly present and long term this is even more worrying.

Still, there are those who do use, or intend to use autograde N2O. Will they be bothered making such a contraption as described above? Most likely not, and so will probably consume the impure gas if chance arrises. However, by discussing these matters, I believe the facts tend to present a discouraging message; raw nitrous in this form is far from safe.

In saying that, I'd suspect the quality control measures in place during production and packaging of most food grade nitrous bulbs aren't necessarily that great either. Last time I looked, most bulbs were being produced in former eastern block countries. As the product is not intended to be inhaled, the gas is very likely to also contain impurities that when inhaled could be quite toxic. I say this because with the industrially simple method of producing N2O from heating an ammonium salt, impurities are also produced, often from any metal impurities present in the reaction vessels. So, is your food grade nitrous produced via this method, or the preferred method used for production of pure medical grade N2O? If cost has anything to do with it I'd say it would be the former.

None of it is safe, and even the gas itself is in question. But highlighting these facts can hardly be considered unnecessary, or to condone in any way.

Agreed. Your kind of dancing around the edges though, but thats fine, as the facts are coming out now and as stated a discussion of facts it a lot better than spreading hyped up statements.

Surely though you must admit if you where considering using auto grade nitrous and the last post you seen contained the statement...

Crap! I used autograde nitrous for years, at first with no filtration at all. I know others who've used the "raw" gas for >10 years on and off and they're still kicking.

You may just run out and hit it. Just a little negligent is all I am saying.

Sure, I am arguing with you. But IMO this is better than pointless statements about how awesome Nangs are.

PM me if you want to go on, though I doubt its necessary, as we are clearly going OT from the original topic. :)

Surely though you must admit if you where considering using auto grade nitrous and the last post you seen contained the statement...

You may just run out and hit it. Just a little negligent is all I am saying.

You're right eggman88888, I was a little quick with that rather rude comment. I think I'd gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that morning :\ so I'll change that remark to something more suitable