Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Importation of RC's -- Legal Issues

Ignatius J.

Bluelighter
Okay, so i have been doing some research on the legality of importing certain RC's especially in relation to drug analogue laws

From what i can gather, it is not the TGA prohibited import list that is relevant to a prosecution for importing analogues of controlled substances.

Prosecutions for importation of analogues, either under the Customs Act 1901 (Cth) or the Commonwealth Criminal Code, rely upon the definition of "border controlled drug" in Division 314 of the Cth Criminal Code

The list of what is "border controlled drug" is LARGE but it is still a lot smaller than the TGA prohibited import list. Notably, pyrovalerone is not on this list.

Then comes the ANALOGUE laws. These are broad and start out simple extend to the excessively complex. I was wondering if anyone with a chemistry background could shed some light on what is meant by the more complex provisions

(d) a structural modification obtained by the addition of one or more of the following groups:

(i) alkoxy, cyclic diether, acyl, acyloxy, mono amino or dialkylamino groups with up to 6 carbon atoms in any alkyl residue;
(ii) alkyl, alkenyl or alkynyl groups with up to 6 carbon atoms in the group, where the group is attached to oxygen (for example, an ester or an ether group), nitrogen, sulphur or carbon;
(iii) halogen, hydroxy, nitro or amino groups; or

(e) a structural modification obtained in one or more of the following ways:

(i) by the replacement of up to 2 carbocyclic or heterocyclic ring structures with different carbocyclic or heterocyclic ring structures;
(ii) by the addition of hydrogen atoms to one or more unsaturated bonds;
(iii) by the replacement of one or more of the groups specified in paragraph (d) with another such group or groups;
(iv) by the conversion of a carboxyl or an ester group into an amide group

THEN, if that wasn't enough, there is a nasty "cover-all" provision at the end, typical of those excessive bastards in parliamentary drafting

(f) otherwise a homologue, analogue, chemical derivative or substance substantially similar in chemical structure;

"substantially similar" -- I can't be assed reading the case law to find out its interpretation and im sure by this point, neither could any Cth prosecutor.

CONCLUSIONS

(1) Since Pyrovalerone is not on the list of "border controlled substances" it seems that it may well out side the application of analogue laws for the purpose of commonwealth prosecution

(2) It seems likely that 4-Fluoroamphetamine and 4-mmc fall within the definition as both amphetamine and methcathinone appear on the list of "border controlled substances" BUT -- I am not a chemist so i cannot definitively say whether they fall within those excessively complex analogue provisions

hhmm this is a tricky one, maybe you might want to post this in the advanced drug discussion forum as well.

It's blurred enough so they can pretty much charge people for anything they like.

most people have no idea what can and cant be imported i atom 2 atom 3 atom ...huh we only know that you get a visit from customs if you are not allowed to have what you have imported does anyone know what rc are allowed by loophole such as bzp or any other rc also what is worth trying for stimulants... what seatives....what any help for us lamans would be great
thanx

most people have no idea what can and cant be imported i atom 2 atom 3 atom ...huh we only know that you get a visit from customs if you are not allowed to have what you have imported does anyone know what rc are allowed by loophole such as bzp or any other rc also what is worth trying for stimulants... what seatives....what any help for us lamans would be great
thanx

No one is going to post what illegal things they can import without getting picked up on this forum unless they want to see said loophole close.

No one is going to post what illegal things they can import without getting picked up on this forum unless they want to see said loophole close.

ok but there have to be rc,s that are legal to import not just by loophole but that the gov have just not got around to lookin into it there is not point to this thread if people wont share there knowledge with eachother

or
PM ME

There is the same issue with anything that may not be covered by the broad analogue laws of this country, people are not going to want them becoming common knowledge as that leads to them being banned. If you want an example of this just look at 4-mmc in europe, not long left for it now.

Last edited:
ok but there have to be rc,s that are legal to import not just by loophole but that the gov have just not got around to lookin into it there is not point to this thread if people wont share there knowledge with eachother

or
PM ME

I am a Greenlighter so I can't PM you but if you read my 1st post carefully, particularly conclusion (1), there is be a hint as to a fairly well known RC that MAY fall outside Commonwealth laws regarding importation. I really cant be any more specific than that, sorry.

NOTE -- This advice is only general in nature and is not considered legal opinion specific to your particular case. I am not a qualified legal practitioner (yet..lol)

Also, this advice is only in relation to Commonwealth law. So even if importation is legal, there may be law in your particular state that makes possession of such a substance illegal.

If your referring to the ring substituted rc i think you are, it is very much illegal to import under Commonweath importation laws, whether its seized is a completely different matter.

Yes I am talking about the ring substituted RC that you mention. Initially I thought it would clearly be illegal to import but after doing some research it is not clear cut.

There appears to be no law under which the Cth can clearly prosecute you for importing an analogue of this particular substance. Yes - pyrovalerone appears on the TGA list of prohibited imports BUT this list is not relevant to importation of analogues.

For an analogue to be considered an illegal import it must be an analogue of the 155 "border controlled substances" listed in Division 314 of the Commonwealth Criminal Code -- Pyrovalerone does not appear on this list. Therefore it is not clear cut, the Cth would have to argue that the substance is "substantially similar" to one of those 155 listed substances.

Im not saying they couldn't get you, to my untrained eye it does look a little bit like MDMA. (but then again amphetamine looks a bit like benzene and just try taking that recreationally lol) Im just saying it is not clear cut.

Just a reminder guys - this board is watched by LE and any information you put on here could be used to tighten laws and restrict access to currently available products.

I urge you to keep this in mind when responding to posts. Also remember that no sources or soliciting is permitted - nor will it be tolerated - on this site and especially within this sub-forum. Any posts of this nature will be deleted and the poster warned which could potentially lead to being banned from the site.

Lil :)

MDPV is illegal in Australia. Our analogue laws covers literally every drug possible.

MDPV is illegal in Australia. Our analogue laws covers literally every drug possible.

If structural analogue legislation doesn't, pharmacologically similar clauses will. There are a few things that might escape the structual bit, but if it has any CNS activity....

Incidentally, depending on how one interprets part (f), Pyrovalerone could be considered a structural analogue of a controlled substance. Chemistry wise it would be by a long stretch, but law adopts common word interpretation. If you count the carbons of methcathinone, then "removed" the additional carbons of pyrovalerone, it can be seen the molecule is substantially similar to methcatinone (i.e. less have to be removed than those which form the methcathinone molecule).

As I said, chemically, things aren't quite thought of this way. Functional groups are more what's considered, and 'stripping down' pyrovalerone to make methcathinone simply isn't done. But law is a funny thing, and the public, who's knowledge of chemistry is usually limited, can associate the concept of 'substantially similar' better with the first model - pulling this and this off to leave that

If that doesn't get you, a smart pharmacologist might suddenly appear and argue that pyrovalerone is a known CNS stimulant and drug of abuse and possibly proceed to comparing the pharmacological profile with another scheduled or restricted drug.

Under Australian analogue legislation, you are all walking around carrying portable clandestine drug labs in your skull, pumping out exotic pharmacologically active analogues of amphetamine and tryptamines! Give it a few years before they start bustin' heads with billy clubs to put these novel compact biosynthetic factories out of action!