Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

*IMPORTANT* Latest Information on Pills Containing PMA *IMPORTANT*

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
I'd like to thank Lil Angel and the rest of the Aus DD mods for writing and distributing their fantastic email on this issue. It has been hard with BL down to coordinate our response but this helped immensely.

The NSW Police have just issued this press release.

Police renew PMA warning following test results

24 February 2007

NSW Police has today issued a renewed warning over a highly toxic and highly hallucinogenic drug following the receipt of new test results.

Drug Squad Commander Greig Newbery said the tests were conducted on drugs seized in December 2006 and January 2007, and which investigators originally suspected were ecstasy (MDMA).

“NSW Police has only just received results of testing by analytical laboratories attached to the Health Department which has revealed the seized items contained paramethoxyamphetamine (PMA),” Detective Superintendent Newbery said.

“The drug is regarded as a rare form of amphetamine that has previously been passed off as ecstasy (MDMA) pills and capsules.”

“We have now issued a number of images of both pills and capsules containing PMA to make the public aware of the many forms in which the drug is available.”

“We need to stress that these examples are not exhaustive and PMA can take any form.”

“The message to drug users is clear. Aside from the fact that these drugs are illegal and people taking them or possessing them can face criminal charges, PMA, and similarly-based drugs, are proven killers.”

“Whether they’re in pill or capsule form, the contents, potency and effects of illicit drugs are an absolute unknown.”

“You are gambling with your life, and the lives of others, if you take these substances or provide them for use.”

“If you, or any of your mates suffers any ill effects as a result of illicit drug use, seek urgent and immediate medical attention,” Detective Superintendent Newbery said.

The renewed warning follows the death of a 20-year-old Elanora Heights woman last Sunday morning (18 February 2007). Initial toxicology results indicate the drug may have been the cause of the female’s death.

EDITOR’S NOTE: Images of PMA pills and capsules are available by contacting the NSW Police Media Unit on (02) 8263-6100.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/r...3cy9kZXRhaWxzX21lZGlhLnBocD9NZWRpYUlEPTg3NzA=

hat tip to Splatt for spotting this.

I have contacted the Media Unit to have the images emailed to me but I haven't received them yet. If anyone has them already please email me immediately.

They announced a warning regarding Red Mitsibushi's just after this happened.

That was very unfortunate :(, be careful, party safe people.

I find it extraordinary that you must email the police to find out what types of pills/capsules they have tested containing PMA. Why is it not a part of the press release?!

It would also be nice to know if the particular tablets/capsules contained only PMA or were PMA mixed with other drugs, particularly MDMA given the implications for the testers.

I am absolutely stunned that we do not know the identity of the tablets/capsules immediately? Why the delay? It is inexcusable. Even a few days which this has now been could cost lives.

JB, hopefully they will provide you with the information soon.

I have received the pictures by email. I had to phone the guy at the media office to have them sent. All very last century, yes I know.

I am having a page made for Pillreports now for the images. They are mostly of capsules but there are two tablets. And there was no information supplied about what contained what or how much. I will try and get this out of them but I am not helpful. The tablets had an Omega symbol on the (sideways C). My connection is bad but I will try and have someone post it here soon.

Also keep in mind that these is no indication of whether or not any of these particular pills were involved in this incident.

Rated E said:
They announced a warning regarding Red Mitsibushi's just after this happened.

Do you have any direct quotes on this? AFAIK the few references to Red Mitsubushis in the press have only be the tired recycling of the false information from last time.

Just to reiterate: The Red Mitsubishis that were reported to possibly contain PMA last year were found to contain nothing active other than MDMA and Caffeine.

Unfortunately at the time it was reported, by idiot members of the media who were probably told it by gullible or misinformed police, that "Red Mitsubishi" was a street name for PMA. This has caused endless confusion.

Thanks for the update Johnboy.

I would just like to reiterate what Johnboy has said in regards to these pills and capsules. These pills and capsules have been tested by the NSW Police and have been found to contain PMA. This does not mean that the Omega press and capsules are the only ones to contain PMA.

Remain vigilant in monitoring yours and your friends reactions if you take pills of any kind and if anything out of the ordinary occurs, seek immediate medical attention.

This is also a perfect reminder of the importance in reagent testing your pills. PMA will react with a variety of reagents but these reactions may be obscured by a darker reaction, like that seen with MDMA. Ensure you test your pills but keep in mind that just because you have seen a reaction to MDMA, this does not mean the pill or capsule does not contain PMA.

pillreports is down at the moment, so i cant see the pics.
can someone either repost the pictures here or describe them to me.

i read a couple of posts above, someone metioning "omega's".
i know someone who has pills with an omega logo at the moment...

any info would be appreciated.

Further to what has been said above, Speculation about what pills contain PMA is not to be discussed in this thread. This thread is to be used for factual information and reporting of pills/capsules that contain PMA. Any further speculative comments will be removed.

If you would like to discuss the tragic passing of Ms Catt, it can be done in this thread. NEWS: news.com.au - 19/02/07 'Womans death linked to ecstacy use'

For those who did not receive the e-mail that was distributed, a copy can be seen below for your perusal. This e-mail can be forwarded on to anyone who you believe it may assist.

In the wake of the tragic events surrounding the death of Annabel Catt, we are reminded of the ever present dangers surrounding recreational drug use. Although tragic, these events are a timely reminder of the importance in implementing and promoting as many harm reduction techniques, in regards to illicit drug use, as possible.

It is believed Ms Catt ingested Para-methoxy-amphetamine (PMA) in the mistaken belief that it was 'Ecstasy', which is the often incorrect vernacular term for 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA). PMA is a strong psychedelic stimulant with much smaller dosage rates than that of MDMA. The ingestion of PMA can lead to muscle spasms, increased blood temperature, increased blood pressure, increased body temperature, increased pulse rate and laboured breathing. If left untreated the consumption of PMA can ultimately lead to hyperthermia, convulsions, coma and death. Although some of these reactions can also be attributed to the consumption of MDMA, any reaction out of the ordinary should be addressed immediately by a trained medical practitioner.

There are some simple steps that can be taken to minimise the risks associated with the consumption of 'Ecstasy'. Obviously the easiest way to minimise the chances of consuming PMA would be total abstinence from 'Ecstasy' itself. As this is often not an option for a lot of people, the use of a reagent tester will return a result for PMA. The result seen with a variety of reagent testers are detailed below;

• Mandelin - reagent will produce a change from green through to red or reddish brown.
  • Marquis - reagent will produce some effervescence but no colour change.
  • Mecke - reagent will produce a lime/green colour.

If any of the reactions listed above occur, it may indicate that the substance tested contains PMA and could be potentially fatal. It should be noted, however, that if PMA is mixed with another substance that also reacts with the reagent, the reactions listed above may be obscured by a darker reaction, like that seen with MDMA. Reagent testers are available online at http://www.enlighten.org.au/, http://www.ez-test.com.au/ or can usually be found at tobacconists, head shops and some music stores.

Another simple measure in harm reduction is keeping an eye on your friends. If they start to display or complain about any of the aforementioned effects, it is 'better to be safe than sorry' and seek immediate medical attention. Please don't risk a life with a 'she'll be right' attitude in the hope that it will go away or through a misguided worry that you will get in trouble. Medical practitioners have no professional obligation to pass information about drug use on to the police and will only notify police if you are a danger to yourself or others. Please don't be selfish when making a decision about seeking medical attention, as your life or the life of your friend is worth more than a good night out.

We ask that you disseminate this e-mail as widely as possible to your fellow Bluelighters, non-Bluelighters and even non drug users as most people know someone who partakes in the use of 'Ecstasy'. Please don't disregard and delete this e-mail, as the life you save could be someone close to you. Send it on to all the people on your contact list as you could be saving their life by doing so.

This e-mail is being sent out by members of the harm reduction website Bluelight. It is being sent to provide as many individuals with information about PMA as possible, in response to concerns there may be a batch of 'Ecstasy' that contains this substance. It is the hope of the authors that further deaths and sickness can be avoided. The Bluelight website can be accessed by visiting http://www.bluelight.ru/ but is currently down due to server issues and is expected to return to normal operation shortly.

Kind regards,

Australian Drug Discussion Moderators
Bluelight

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the authors alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of Bluelight.ru or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of any entity of, or affiliated with, the Bluelight network.

These are some of the images from Pill Reports. The images that are not contained here are further images of capsules containing a powder with a similar appearance to the last three photos.

drugwarning.10.thumb.jpg
drugwarning.11.thumb.jpg
drugwarning.12.thumb.jpg
drugwarning.2.thumb.jpg
drugwarning.4.thumb.jpg
drugwarning.9.thumb.jpg

btw Pillreports is up. It may be just your DNS is slow in updating. Everyone will be able to see it by tonight.

who convinced the cops to do the right thing? I'm sure it was one of you guys.......

great info!

Revellers warned of deadly drug
By Paul Carter
March 02, 2007 12:00

A NEW warning about a highly toxic amphetamine, commonly passed off as ecstasy, was issued by police as Sydney's Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras celebrations gets into full swing.

Experts say PMA, or Paramethoxyamphetamine, is more deadly than ecstasy, with a dangerous effect on body temperature.

The alert, on the eve of tomorrow's Mardi Gras parade, follows a similar warning last week, after the death in Sydney of 20-year-old Annabel Catt.

It's believed she took a lethal dose of PMA at a musical festival on Saturday, thinking she was taking ecstasy.

Ambulance officers were told she had taken ecstasy, but toxicology results showed PMA in her system.

The latest warning comes after police searched a unit in inner-city Surry Hills yesterday and found 221 pills, believed to be ecstasy.

However, on closer examination, the pills had almost identical markings to tablets which were the subject of last week's PMA warning.

A Surry Hills man was arrested and charged with the possession and supply of a prohibited drug. He was bailed to appear in the Downing Centre Local Court on March 23.

Police stress PMA can come in any shape, colour, form or mix of drugs.

In yesterday's Surry Hills raid, police also seized quantities of drugs including ice, cocaine, cannabis and suspected ecstasy powder.

Professor Bob Batey, clinical adviser on drug and alcohol for NSW Health, says PMA is more dangerous than ecstasy because it had a greater effect on the regulation of body temperature.

"You are more likely to get hyperthermia from an equivalent dose of PMA," he said last week after Ms Catt's death.

"It does have a more hallucinogenic effect, so people may be adding this as a contaminant to ecstasy to give a better bang for your buck and therefore, maybe get more money for the sale of the product.

"The message is to young people, again and again, you don't know what you're buying from dealers, you can't trust them to give you exactly what they're saying, and all of these drugs are potentially lethal."

Last week's PMA warning, after Ms Catt's death, related to drugs seized in Sydney in December 2006 and January this year, which were also originally thought to be ecstasy but were proven to be PMA.

In South Australia, police say six people died after taking PMA in a five-month period from September 1995.

News.com.au

I thought the PMA that caused the death was in a capsule. What are these tablets? I thought the pills tested and images released were found late last year, or in Jan 2007. So they are saying the stamps are the same or its the same pill?

I just noticed that a few days ago someone posted a message on Pillreports.com regarding his/her test results for the “White Omega’s” (PMA pills). http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=6113#comments

Quote:
“These pills actually do have gold'ish chunks inside of them. Very strange. The ones i received are the exact same ones pictured, so thanks for the warning guys =).

I crushed one of these up and reagent tested them anyway with interesting results;

Marquis :- dark brown
Simon's :- dark blue
Robadope's :- none
Mandelin :- green to dark brown

Results are interesting as robadope's showed no colour change at all. I re-tested to confirm this, as im sure PMA should show a noticable colour change to redish/purple.

I have tested 'alot' of pills over the last year, and it worries me that a novice user testing pills might equate the above results as a pill with 'speed & ketamine.'

Can anyone explain or post a link explaining how these pills were tested?

I am interested in knowing because if i didnt read this report, i would have still ingested these pills assuming a 'speed and ket' combination..”

This is rather scary as our testing kits are apparently completely useless at detecting PMA 8o :( :( :( :(

They could of contained a very small amount of PMA, it would probably give a bit of kick to the pills without using much MDMA. They sound like some dirty shite though,.

The seedy fucking cunt of a cook that made these pills needs to be shot.
It's so sad that there are some people out there that make this shit and don't care about the horrible consequences for some of the care free consumers who take the pills they make. So wack.. :(
Any pill manufacturer that enjoys making wicked pills knowing they're clean safe and fun is a legend.
The people that make pills with shit like PMA in them are nothing but scum.

JohnnyG said:
The seedy fucking cunt of a cook that made these pills needs to be shot.
I agree

Any pill manufacturer that enjoys making wicked pills knowing they're clean safe and fun is a legend.
scum.
99% of them couldn't care less, and are just in it for a $, Though some do make relatively "better" pills.