• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Imovane aka Zopiclone

Frustrated

Bluelighter
Until now, all I've heard in reference to hallucinatory effects in sleeping pills was for Ambien. Yet with one single 7.5mg pill I've just taken to get to bed... there is indeed a small amount of visual distortion, not unlike after taking a tiny amount of mushrooms (couldn't get to sleep and turned the lights on to really find out). I've taken a second and plan to smoke a little to see if it intensifies into something comparable to the big boy hallucinogens. Anyone else experienced "tripping" with this or Ambien - the two outcasts from benzoland?

Also have a question belonging in OD but I don't want to clutter it with new threads... Are the Xanax 2mg bars king of benzos? I've been enjoying them a lot lately and honestly consider waking experiences with them to be hallucinatory less the pretty visuals.

This whole thread belongs in OD. Imovane is not s good drug for having fun. Great for getting your sleep, however.

i use 1/3d of an imovane tab when i can't sleep. never tried to trip on it. don't feel tempted to do so. rather go for shrooms if i want to trip. a few times i took a whole imovane tab to get to sleep -- each time i felt unbearably tired the next day, way worse than i would have felt with no sleep at all.

Yeah this belongs in others drugs. Imovane like Stillnox is renowned for producing visuals when taken enough of. There a large amount of experiences and infomation thats been mentioned in the past, so do a search.

No it doesn't. You haven't tried it oviously if you say it's not psychedelic. Tripping on Imovane is completly normal and I used to enjoy doing this in my youger days..matter of fact I think I still might. I would always take it usually with a friend and we would stay up and not go to sleep on it..it's very possible and not hard at all just don't be tired. We found out that the best way was to never up the dose, instead take it all at once. 7.5mg would give you a very strong feeling of relaxation and a bit of sedation comparable to 1-1.5mg of Xanax. And at this dose you can also see some small visuals like patterns on carpet begin to flow, you beging to see small coloured particles in the air, etc. Carpets the most entertaing though. 15mg popped at once is amazing if your staring at a cool carpet. I seen towns and people and villengers bulid themselves buildings and complex civilizations. Yep no lying..this effect lasts about 1.5-2.5 hours but when your on it your perception of time is heavily impared. Confusion is also a factor in higher doses of Imovane, as is memory loss though not as much as with benzos. I would preffer Imovane over Xanax any day, Xanax is everything Imovane is except the visuals. There are some downsides to Imovane though. Your tolerence to it builds much much faster than with benzos. Two nights in a row will not work good at all that's why it must be spaced at 7 days between doses. This is the only way to keep the visual effects the same and not loose them because tolerence doesn't give you any. Also Imovane has an after taste to it that lasts for about 12 hours or so depending on when you take it, you most likely should take it at night though stay up for it 2 hours or so till your trip is gone and then crash. Sometimes the visuals can be intense but probably not like acid or mushrooms. However I have had times on 15mg where I was staring at that spinning circle thing that makes things wavy and got so into it that I eventually ended up with my eyes right ON the computer screen and you could see was the black and white, no circle anymore but I was seeing everytime it was a white surface, waterfalls, fields, landscapes, etc all in black and white and all just basically 'shaded' in looking. Yeah the visualls aren't that colorful like mushrooms or acid but more colorful than gravol or dramamine. I suggest you do this with a friend and then have a place for u to both go to sleep afterwards and have a carpet to stare at.

The Xanax..yeah probably 2mg are the highest they come in but it depends on what you mean by 'king'. Not everyone's favourite benzo is Xanax. I personally think it's one of the strongest but I don't like it that much.

haha. this is so funny. i've been having this in my bedroom for ages without being aware pple use this stuff to trip on.

still i feel not tempted to do it -- as there is inexpensive and good mdma and shrooms around here as much as i want and as, like i said, just one imovane tab to sleep on makes gives me a hangover and makes me feel shitty the next day.

I must say I am mystified as to why anyone would want to trip on either this or Ambien.

Personaly I thought Ambien was crap, didnt help me sleep at all but Zopiclone I do like, it has virtualy no hang over for me at all and helps me sleep nicely.

Does anyone else get the metalic taste in their mouth though? Its really horrible and I havent found a way of getting rid of it.

yes it does give a real bad taste. don't know how to get rid of it. try water and mint.

Well guys... I tripped HARD with this stuff after I last posted - and have just now settled down into the right mind to return in explanation. I ended up taking about 4 or 5, 7.5 mg tabs and taking 3 puffs on a small joint, and was absolutely catapulted into psychedelic wonderland - something entirely new to any substance I have previously experienced [and no, the weed could not have been THAT good ;)]. If you think that zopiclone has no tripping value - you've convinced yourself quite wrongly

On top of the visuals... this intoxication was so intense, that when I came across two hidden bottles of codeine/pseudoephedrine syrup (behind a coffee maker I was trying to plug in) - I was wreckless enough to go the whole way, and embark upon a binge I hadn't previously planned on. After downing those bottles... it just went out of control:

-37.5 mg zopiclone
-400mg codeine (pseudoephedrin content forgotten)
-15 grams ground morning glory seeds (LSA)
-500mg cocaine insuflated
-Estimated 2 grams o' weed
-A whole whack of non recreational yet (unfortunately) magnifying substances used to moderate sickness ie.) gravol

I will write a trip report in a week or so when this haze removes... that was the most intense (and irresponisble) experience of my life, thank God it's over :)

Ambien is a great drug for sleep due to its hypnotic properties which may or may not induce some hallucinations (seems to be more random) but using it specifically for tripping sounds sorta lame. I enjoy the odd feeling it gives you and the mild visuals before I knock out but I don't go out and use it in public.

zopiclone is 10/10

I must say I am mystified as to why anyone would want to trip on either this or Ambien.

Personaly I thought Ambien was crap, didnt help me sleep at all but Zopiclone I do like, it has virtualy no hang over for me at all and helps me sleep nicely.

Does anyone else get the metalic taste in their mouth though? Its really horrible and I havent found a way of getting rid of it.

Yeah i agree you get a bad taste but that is nothing compared to the posative effects. i am curently on 30mg diazepam and i reckon its not nearly as good as 1 x 7.5mg limovan (zopiclone)

I used zopiclone for ages and you have to stagger the dose. when you take it every day you build up a a tollerance and you can take 20 (i did this once) and still never got to sleep due to my anxiety disorder. However, have a couple of beers wih em and theyre the best thing since sliced bread. i think these should be prescribed for GAD (generalized Anxiety Disorder) at a dose of about 3.5mg. I take diazepam 10mg 3 times a day and its not a patch on zopiclone.

I find these "Z" drugs to feel far more similar to a combination of a benzo and an anti-cholinergic than that of traditional psychedelics, both in the feel on the body as well as the character of the "visuals"...

Just because it makes you see things does not make it a psychedelic.

--> OD

Yeah i agree you get a bad taste but that is nothing compared to the posative effects. i am curently on 30mg diazepam and i reckon its not nearly as good as 1 x 7.5mg limovan (zopiclone)

I believe that 7.5 mg of zopiclone is equal (in sedation) to roughly 20mg of diazepam.

The bad taste is bad, but really not that bad.

If you think that zopiclone has no tripping value - you've convinced yourself quite wrongly

While I am aware I am responding to something you wrote 5 years ago, no- I don't believe zopiclone makes you hallucinate. I consumed 30 tablets over two days a week ago- I am fine, and no hallucinating happened until I took psychedelics. I don't get how people trp off this stuff- it just steals your memory, so whats the point in it?

Maybe you DID trip shitfaced, and remember nothing of it? there are reports of that happening.

And my GF told me once I was up all night on msn talking complete whack shit, in away-with-the-MK801-head-faries on a 10mg dose of zolpidem, after taking it to sleep, and staying up just long enough to get my email and wish the missis goodnight.

Next thing I know it was morning, and she was asking me 'what...the...FUCK'

Maybe you DID trip shitfaced, and remember nothing of it? there are reports of that happening.

And my GF told me once I was up all night on msn talking complete whack shit, in away-with-the-MK801-head-faries on a 10mg dose of zolpidem, after taking it to sleep, and staying up just long enough to get my email and wish the missis goodnight.

Next thing I know it was morning, and she was asking me 'what...the...FUCK'

Same here, was on 20 mg dose with some glasses of alcohol. Remember the first 30 minutes, and all was spinning. I was on the phone with some girl. But after the 30 minutes, don't remember that. She told me I've said some messed up on the phone..

just.like.to.say.i.love.zopiclone!.I.have.to.type.like.this.because.my.keyboard.spacebar.is.broken.
At.doses.of.around.15mg.with.no.tolerance.euphoria.is.definitely.a.possibility.

Would you guys recommend taking one 7.5mg for sleeping after stimulant / psychedelic drug use?