• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Imodium...

HeroinMafiuh

Greenlighter
So to the moderators sorry I didn't wanna post in wrong place do I posted in homeless

Anyways long story short been bangin heroin that IMO is pretty damn strong and I'm really trying to quit but as you all know that damn WD brings us back to using before we really quit so its 4:02am here and the store closest to me opens at 5:00am and i planned on walking down the street to get some Imodium because I've read it helps with the WD so I'm just curious do I need anything else with it? I'm on day 3 of WD & about to blow my brains out anything helps thanks

walking around will certainly help, get those natural endorphins going again ya dig?

immodium may help your guts calm down but it will only prolong the w/d in the long term

walking around will certainly help, get those natural endorphins going again ya dig?

immodium may help your guts calm down but it will only prolong the w/d in the long term

Sorry, I disagree. Loperamide has stopped my physical withdrawal in its tracks. It is extremely helpful. Don't give up on quitting.

Edit: I see you're in day 3. You're almost over the hump. Stay strong brotha the ride is almost over.

I took 30mg at like 530am I really want to quit but this is hell as I'm sure you know this I'm a pretty tough dude I grew up in the hood so I had no choice but to be tough but man I'm a bitch when it comes to WD should I maybe take more? Or did I maybe get the wrong kind?

Give the lope at least an hour to kick in and get to work. In the mean time if you can't take about 50mg of Benadryl it may help you sleep. Also a lot of people report dxm helps a lot.

The multi symptoms relief one that's a white pill I believe Imodium is the brand name and I took it 2 1/2 hours ago

Ok, you just want the cheap ass store brand loperamide in the 2mg tablet. Also get the dxm and Benadryl so you can get some sleep. You're so close to being past the physical shit. Can you hold on a couple more days?

I took more but I really don't think I can (because I'm an addict) I guess it all comes down to if my dealer got any... Thanks for your input it really means a lot to me

You should post up in sober living. We are almost all addicts, that's why we are here but there are some extremely helpful people in sober living that can get you through this if you are ready to quit. Even as an addict you can claw your way to sobriety and on to a better more fruitful life. Hang in there.

yeah trust me i take it for the bathroom issues, since the docs stole my gallbladder lol

Imodium takes up to 3 hours to fully kick in. When it does it will hold off about 80% of the physical wd. You're close to being done. Take something like a benzo or seroquel or whatever will knock you out (phenobarbital alone got me through opiate wd) and hopefully you can make it til tomorrow and should be on the upswing. You don't want to have suffered thru 2 days for naught

In the future, get regular Imodium or generic, that ONLY has the loperamide 2 mg in it and not all the other stuff

Loperamide has long half life so you only need to take every 12 hours. Some ppl only take it once per day

You'll feel no energy but all the other wd symptoms will be gone. Good luck and hang in there. You can do it. Don't let a little pile of powder best you

Edit--in response to above, DXM helps some, but Benadryl causes worse RLS in a lot of people. If you're not sure, best to avoid. You don't want to spend 3 hours punching your thighs for relief

Thanks guys I really appreciate your responses I fucked up and " let the pile of powder best me" now I can barely type this and have drool all over myself ?? I'm going to try again after this bun because I have no choice.. It's gonna happen sooner or later

Just a minor set back. You tried and you can do is keep trying.

Last edited:
I totally know what he's going through, that feeling at day 3 when you're pretty much almost through the clear , but the thought of a fat shot to put you straight to sleep and get your hunger and energy back becomes so enticing ... Even though at day 3 it might not be physically as bad but mentally it is torture. Cause that feeling when it hits you and you feel it coursing through your body down to your legs taking the aching away making you instantly warm and hungry sleepy , is a high of itself . Hang in there , I've restarted a lot of times too :/ I hate it. And I guess you might have answered my question on loperamide , did you feel any help at all from it? Or do you think you were so mentally set on getting more dope that nothing would help you mentally other than dope ?