• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Imodium Azithromycin COMBO

Jesideree

Greenlighter
So apparently there is a way for Imodium to cross the blood brain barrier through the use of Azithromycin (Zithromax) or any antibiotic in that same class. I found some scientific information online a year or so ago, but am damned if I can find it now. Does anyone know how much Imodium and Zithromax it would take to pass Imodium through? Has anyone tried it? If there is a thread about it already created, please point me in that direction. Thank you. I tried searching for the combination of the two and found nothing.

I can't imagine azithromycin is a sufficiently effective p-glycoprotein inhibitor to result in loperamide crossing the blood brain barrier. Add to that it is likely a weak hERG inhibitor, which might increase the already elevated risk of cardiovascular complications associated with loperamide.

Quinidine is probably the most effective in getting loperamide across the BBB but it is also is a hERG inhibitor so is dangerous as well.

The truth is loperamide isn't worth the risk. I've taken enough to feel the high; it feels like a dirty demerol, nothing worth having a heart attack over.

Thanks. I'm taking Zithromax now and it's causing diarrhea of course, so I took some Imodium. So far no problems, but I take what's prescribed and the smallest amount of Imodium because I worry. I don't want it to cross the BBB.

Thanks. I'm taking Zithromax now and it's causing diarrhea of course, so I took some Imodium. So far no problems, but I take what's prescribed and the smallest amount of Imodium because I worry. I don't want it to cross the BBB.

Oh, then you're fine. By your post I think we assumed you were trying to taking an extremely large dose of it to get high.... people have died doing that.

You might as well eat a handful of rocks because they won't get you high either no matter how much you want them to.

You should buy a bottle of some Probiotics to take for the next month if not longer. Antibiotics destroy the flora in your gut both good and bad. Supplementation can help this issue and resolve the diarrhea issue, hope you feel better soon. Always try and take antibiotics as little as possible because if overused they compromise the immune system eventually, stay safe.

Haha. I can see that now that I reread it. I think there is that hope sometimes that I’ll find something to get a nice relaxing feeling without having to go to a dr., and I can see how that could be easily misunderstood. 😂 So, after I took the prescription and 4 mg imodium and read how i could have a heart attack here, I got some anxiety, but I FINALLY got sleepy.

Oh, then you're fine. By your post I think we assumed you were trying to taking an extremely large dose of it to get high.... people have died doing that.