• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Immunity to REAL benzo withdrawals?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I’m curious if anyone else has this. I have NEVER experienced what people deem the worst drug to detox.

I have killed gram bags of alprazolam, Etizolam, eaten bags full of Valium.

the only thing I will day is my
Benzo usage never exceeds 30 days in a row but,... at these dosages I should be without question be struggling when stopping.

But I don’t? Any possible explanation and anyone else in the same boat?

I was on klonipin for years " recreational " i thought I was immune, it will catch up with you bad it sux, I thought i was good, make sure you have a taper stash ...

That can happen, for sure. I mean, why not? Everyone's built differently, different brain chemistry -- all of that, you know. The same movie plot plays for seasonial flu/illness. I was vaccined like 10 times in my life, I never went to a hospital more than 5 times in my life. 3 because of my OD's and 2 because of my wife birth. So you see the irony? Like any other, we all know people who monthly goes to hospitals check-ins and they come back worst than before. Isn't only for drugs, that's my point. I think if you haven't dance with the Devil by now, you sure will. Withdrawals sucks, friends may leave, you may be lonely and have no one to talk to and so your withdrawal will be much worse. It will catch up, like that poster above said, it will. If you aren't a daily drug user, you may not experience anything. Depends, also your posts pretty much says fuck all. So there goes that, no offense. I tried my best to explain to someone who hasn't explained anything.

Some people are less susceptible to benzo withdrawal, but if you were to take high doses for say 6 months and stop, you'd feel it.

Each time you go through benzo withdrawal it gets worse and it happens more readily. I have been through some severe high dose benzo withdrawals in the past. Nowadays i get rebound anxiety/insomnia after a single good dose of benzos, even if i haven't taken them in a long time.

Same with me, but for opioids and GABA-B agonists. Fortunately I've never copped a benzo dependence but it's because I don't use them recreationally, only sometimes to come down or help me sleep.

it took me years of k pin use before my job stress got to me and without them I was in withdrawal, last time I had it I had benzo alchol withdrawal and a concution it was 2 weeks of hell I couldn't decipher dreams from reality took me a month or start to feel normal, the mind and nervous system are fragile tread carefully bluelight friends

That can happen, for sure. I mean, why not? Everyone's built differently, different brain chemistry -- all of that, you know. The same movie plot plays for seasonial flu/illness. I was vaccined like 10 times in my life, I never went to a hospital more than 5 times in my life. 3 because of my OD's and 2 because of my wife birth. So you see the irony? Like any other, we all know people who monthly goes to hospitals check-ins and they come back worst than before. Isn't only for drugs, that's my point. I think if you haven't dance with the Devil by now, you sure will. Withdrawals sucks, friends may leave, you may be lonely and have no one to talk to and so your withdrawal will be much worse. It will catch up, like that poster above said, it will. If you aren't a daily drug user, you may not experience anything. Depends, also your posts pretty much says fuck all. So there goes that, no offense. I tried my best to explain to someone who hasn't explained anything.

Don't get me wrong, heroin and suboxone have kicked my ass into the fetal position of withdrawals. I'm not immune nor perfect drugs have kicked my ass plenty of times. Plenty of OD's.

I overdosed going 70 on the highway and rear ended a state trooper. I did prison time for that. Without the lawyer I had easily would have been way more than the 6 months I ended up spending.

I do believe if my benzo usage continued into the months range I would face the hell I know exists, I'm not denying the facts.

Maybe my prior years of alcohol abuse have altered my GABA receptors, which is definitely a likely factor. Also I'm mostly Irish so my GABA receptors from birth were probably ready for the alcohol it has been given in all the generations before me.

Same with me, but for opioids and GABA-B agonists. Fortunately I've never copped a benzo dependence but it's because I don't use them recreationally, only sometimes to come down or help me sleep.

Interesting, see I left a rehab after taking gabapentin monthly once, and I withdrawaled pretty SEVERELY from just one months supply of 900 mg gaba 3x a day.

That kind of shocked me. We are all somewhat unique while we all are in many ways the same as well.

gabapentin withdrawal sux to i get super depressed if I take them to often safer than benzo but still sux

Seem to remember a thread like this a while back and OP came back a month or so later when returning from rubber-room.
Came down to being saturated and just took longer to start the WD process which ended well as OP lived through it (and hopefully learnt a thing or three) and posted back.
Good luck with that.
Ptah

Seem to remember a thread like this a while back and OP came back a month or so later when returning from rubber-room.
Came down to being saturated and just took longer to start the WD process which ended well as OP lived through it (and hopefully learnt a thing or three) and posted back.
Good luck with that.
Ptah

Maybe that's why my whole body feels like I killed it :unsure:
I chalked it up to the heroin withdrawal,
who knows anymore these days though.

Too many drugs... too many.... can't even figure out the source of the problem anymore.
Time to get sober

Wow, be careful with seizures - if you fall down and hurt yourself badly it could be lethal. I don't read the whole thread now, but are you tapering off anyhow after a binge? And if yes, how?

JJ

Here doctors are not too much tapering off with Diazepam but with Oxazepam and people feel well with it, it doesn't even take as long as a Diazepam-taper .... perhaps you ask your Psychiatrist? If he isn't a total idiot he will try it with you. Wish you all the best!

I’m curious if anyone else has this. I have NEVER experienced what people deem the worst drug to detox.

I have killed gram bags of alprazolam, Etizolam, eaten bags full of Valium.

the only thing I will day is my
Benzo usage never exceeds 30 days in a row but,... at these dosages I should be without question be struggling when stopping.

But I don’t? Any possible explanation and anyone else in the same boat?

Hey,

fucking lucky guy! :D

Could have a lot of reasons, mostly it is the metabolism in your liver. But I don't know, I'm no doctor...

JJ

EDIT: When did you eat the last benzo, and when the last Diazepam? Don't be too happy, because of the long halflife you could have symptoms also 1-2 weeks after the last ingestion, so please take care of you!!

I've never had withdrawals.
I used to (a couple of years ago) be prescribed 50 Valium a month. So for 2 years plus I took maybe 50mg plus per day. The script would last me anywhere from a few days to a week.
Once they were gone, I was fine. I just muddled along waiting for my next pick up day. I didn't suffer through any withdrawals. I was just pissed off that I had to wait 3 weeks for more!

I've never had withdrawals.
I used to (a couple of years ago) be prescribed 50 Valium a month. So for 2 years plus I took maybe 50mg plus per day. The script would last me anywhere from a few days to a week.
Once they were gone, I was fine. I just muddled along waiting for my next pick up day. I didn't suffer through any withdrawals. I was just pissed off that I had to wait 3 weeks for more!st

Hey,

I'm the same kind of person and my psych suspects an anormalism in metabolising stuff in my liver.

JJ

EDIT: But with my holy fucking extra much stash I do not even have to think about running out of benzos ;)

Whoa really?
I read so many bad stories about benzo withdrawals and I've abused them for a long time, been super erratic yet never had a single withdrawal symptom.

Come to think of it, I also stopped taking Lyrica cold turkey after about 6 months on at least a gram a day... no withdrawal symptoms...