• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I'm suddenly getting high off suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

80mg

Bluelighter
Soi...I banged some blues about 2 weeks ago ( I know...theres no rush...no point...its in my head...I dont know what im thinking...please dont start that debate with me)

And I use to be a pretty big heroin addict. Now I been injecting .5-2mg of a sub strip every 5-6 hours. Wtf is up? How am I getting high?

Well, addictions docs and the makers of Suboxone are quite adamant that the naloxone in Suboxone will essentially deter IV abuse. The truth is that buprenorphine binds to opioid receptors so strongly that the naloxone won't exhibit any antagonist activity, even in very large doses. This essentially means that the naloxone won't kill a buprenorphine buzz. Throw in the fact that buprenorphine is quite strong in terms of mg potency, and that's a possible explanation as to why you're getting high off of subs.

Just be really careful messing with buprenorphine as in overdose, it's quite dangerous. Yes, it does have a ceiling effect on respiratory depression, but treating a bupe OD essentially consists of putting the patient on a ventilator and getting them up to ICU to let the bupe clear their system. Even very large amounts of injected Narcan frequently do little to reverse a bupe OD. Also, make sure that you're not combining the IV bupe with any other CNS depressant, as that's when bupe starts to get really risky.

It's a potent opioid, especially at sub 2mg dosing, I don't know what is so surprising about an opioid producing the effects of an opioid, hah.

It's a potent opioid, especially at sub 2mg dosing, I don't know what is so surprising about an opioid producing the effects of an opioid, hah.

What's surprising about it is if you read my post I have a tolerance for other FULL Agonist opiates and I typically bang subs even in doses like this and jsut wasn't sick anymore. Now I'm high.

I figured you would've atleast read what I wrote before commenting.

I am fully aware you are tolerant to opioids 80mg. Even with a decent tolerance, I've found partial agonists, buprenorphine in particular, to still remain effective as long as your not using the buprenorphine regularly in addition to your full-agonist addiction.

I can't imagine what the withdrawals would be like coming off full and partial opioid agonists.

I used to take my subs on a very UNregular basis. If I waited a few days I could get high on them by snorting a bunch. Recently I started snorting them a bunch, and I get REALLY high everytime... like nod out high. That being said the bupe euphoria is not that great. It does hit the spot though. Thing is, I'm getting some 50mcg fentanyl patches in a couple days so I gotta stop the subs so the fent can do its job.

So I think I'm going to have to agree that if you fuck with suboxone to get high on a regular basis, it will eventually bypass the "tamper proof" aspect.

i've heard naloxone is so fast acting it reaches ur brain quicker then the bupe, and will prevent any high, nalxoone is short acting, by the time it wears off the bupe is already in ur receptors thus causing a block for euphoria..in my experience!

bupe is so strong that even a 2mg-4mg dose will totally fuck up a heavy hardcore 10-30bag shooting a day heroin addict, bupe is just that potent...when in withdrawl that is

What?? I'm currently in h withdrawal and am tryin toswitch to subs. It feels terrible, the sub is in no way fucking me up.

Inherownwrite, I kno what ur talkin about I just switched to sub yesterday and it ain't fuckin me up at all. The weird thing is tho when I was two weeks clean from opiates i did 4mg of sub and it fucked me up pretty good. Does neone know if I'm ever gonna feel the opiate feeling from sub again after switching from H?

I've heard from many sources that Bupe/Suboxone tends to only become recreational when you get down to the 1-2mg/day range and then dose 4mgs. It's a bizarre drug.

Hmm, I see. It is a strange ass drug, I don't get how an opiate like bupe can be both agonist and antagonist. Doesn't make ne sense to me

i've heard naloxone is so fast acting it reaches ur brain quicker then the bupe, and will prevent any high, nalxoone is short acting, by the time it wears off the bupe is already in ur receptors thus causing a block for euphoria..in my experience!

bupe is so strong that even a 2mg-4mg dose will totally fuck up a heavy hardcore 10-30bag shooting a day heroin addict, bupe is just that potent...when in withdrawl that is

I don't think that you have a damn clue what you're talking about. Neither of those things are true. Unless your heroin is some super weak shit.

Listen i been on subs for 9 years now iv had a long perid of ups n downs with opioids but i can tell you this i know how to get high off suboxone...but a full strip in your mouth under the tounge before u take a nap ...then do t move you mouth or tounge n close your eyes ....try n fall asleep....rven for 45 min a hour n watch what happens when u wake up ....your mouths gonna really taste like shit but youll very high...good mood energetic even euphoric if done right......works every time for me.....n about the ignorant shit if u stop taking subs for 30- 48 hours youll be able to feel any opioid...n thats the truth ruth

Listen i been on subs for 9 years now iv had a long perid of ups n downs with opioids but i can tell you this i know how to get high off suboxone...but a full strip in your mouth under the tounge before u take a nap ...then do t move you mouth or tounge n close your eyes ....try n fall asleep....rven for 45 min a hour n watch what happens when u wake up ....your mouths gonna really taste like shit but youll very high...good mood energetic even euphoric if done right......works every time for me.....n about the ignorant shit if u stop taking subs for 30- 48 hours youll be able to feel any opioid...n thats the truth ruth

Please don't revive old threads. Post it here http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/740977-Suboxone-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ-v-19/page7?

Status
Not open for further replies.