• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Im Relapsing

BeenThereDoneThat1

Greenlighter
Ok, so I have been searching for an answer to a pretty simple question and everyone says all different things. Heres the situation: I've been on 16mg of suboxone strips per day for about 4-5 months. But now my suboxone isn't giving me any effect like it used to when i first started. i used to take a strip, and 20 minutes later i had energy to run a marathon and felt happy and nothing could ruin my day. now i take it and its just annoying to have to sit quiet for 10 minutes till this nasty thing dissolves and still feel like shit. So I have made the decision that I want to do heroin one day this week, get high, wait till im sick (if ill even get sick off of one day of doing it) and get back on my suboxone. SO. I've asked (HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE YOU CAN DO HEROIN AFTER BEING ON SUBOXONE?) some people say "Dont do it thats a bad idea you will put yourself into an immediate withdrawal stage if theres still suboxone in your system" others say "12 hours after your last sub dose, but you might not get high so its a waste of money" others say "you need to wait 2-3 days" and then i get the "You'll need to wait 7-14 days to do dope again" ..... SO ill ask again... My last dose was only 8mg and that was yesterday at 8:00AM, it is now 2:30 the day after and i havent taken any suboxone (so 30.5 hours without a sub dose) If i wake up tomorrow morning, and go buy a bag and get high (VIA intravenous) What is going to happen? and if its not safe to do so, how long do i need to wait? Also i know some people are going to say " your stupid if your gonna go get high after being clean for so long." I know its stupid and i dont need a lecture. Just because I am (INACTIVE) right now, doesn't mean im not a drug addict, i still have some behaviors of an addict even tho I know right from wrong. It sucks but its reality. So please someone just answer my question so i dont put myself in danger out of stupidity. Thank you!!

It is really a coin toss especially since you are at such a high dose.... It's better to reduce the dose of subs to like 1 mg a day.

Don't start with the same amount you used to use. Start small, figure out your tolerance especially as dope changes quality, and then after that wears off you will probably have a good idea on how much you should use... You should keep narcan around as while I wonder if using bupe or bupe and narcan could reverse an overdose, but I wouldn't count on it.

You also shouldn't use alone or at least leave a note next to you in case anything happens....

I'm not real versed on subs but know some.... First I must say this wont help your recovery what so ever and will hurt it, but problems to your recovery aside, I didn't think there is any problem with using H once while on subs (besides the blocker effects will make it not work well if at all). So I guess you wouldn't have to wait at all, but to get a full effect there will be some specific time you have to wait, all depends on your body and amount your taking. I can't really help you to much to figure out the time.

If your waiting to get full effects from H that's one thing but you don't have to worry about getting sick from doing H to soon when on subs, as far as I know. The problem is going the other way, H to bupe, only when physically addicted to full opiates. The key to problems is if your physically addicted to opiates, and one day should not cause that, and you should and I say should (don't quote me on this) be able to go right back to subs no problem the next day after only one single day of use.. I guess if you did a huge amount in that one day it could effect that but I'm not sure. Just trying to help