• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I'm a returning addict

Heather888

Greenlighter
8)

Well I'm back on the train again. I'm wanting to get involved with other junkies. Anyone want to talk, please let me know.

Thanks

Talk to share experiences, help getting back off, what are you looking for?

Hey, so what happened? Why did you get back on the train? I am sure the relapse occurred and you felt awful... what made you continue? How long had you been clean before? Were you clean clean? Or on ORT? Have you been to a rehab? Did you try AA/NA? How addicted are you right now?

Well, I actually haven't had any yet. It has been a very long time since I last had some. But here are the reasons: 1) I have chronic pain 2) I am finding it next to impossible to get my prescriptions refilled (oxycodone 10 mg, no tylenol) 3) I consider it "therapy" for me. 4) I have a disrupted nervous system that responds well to opioids 5) It makes me more productive, able to think and get things done more effectively.

I don't use it to just lay around on my couch. For me, I need something to get me through a difficult period right now. I will go off of it when I need to. I don't use needles; just sniff it, looking actually to drink it instead.

Like I said, if I could get my prescription refilled without such difficulty, I wouldn't be considering this. I just remembered it worked for me back in the day.

fair enough. i wonder, though... you started off this thread by saying you wanted to get involved with other junkies... so why all the justifications for your use?

For me, I am not trying to get off of it yet. I haven't even had any (don't get me started about that.. in a dry place). But I am looking for people who care about the subject. I have my views on using. I go on and off drugs as needed, or PRN, as they say. Right now, I'm going back on. I call it heroin therapy. I have my own theories about usage. For me, it is in lieu of not having my prescription filled, because everyone is so persnickety about refills. I'm at a point where I am going to the streets to seek what I need prescribed to me.

This is what I hoped to have, just some discussion about the subject. It is helpful just to talk to people since I am in a place where I am unable to get my needs met. This is nice, just to talk to others about what I'm thinking about.

I would say, I'm pretty addicted right now. I have been in Belgium for awhile and have been going to French pharmacies to buy neo-codion. I take about 10 of those at a time, crushing them up and drinking them in water. Though I have not had what I truly want yet, which is heroin, I have quite a tolerance going for synthetic variations.

Those justifications are just so I can let people know, it is not just for pleasure.... it is so that I can move physically and then, get stuff done. I know it is not the best solution, but it will help me get moving.

you had me at persnickety.
sorry to hear you're having a rough time. soooo... you have a physical injury of some sort?

I know how you feel, I am an addict, but I am also a PMP. I have service connected injuries from the military. I take only methadone because I don't trust myself with anything else and subutex unfortunately doesn't do shit for actual pain (for me at least). I was taking 200 mg a day. But I manged to get down to 50 in like a weeks time. I could probably go lower, but I just don't want to feel the pain any more especially considering I JUST moved to VA, have not even started my new job yet, and my lower spine looks like a fucking birds nest, so I feel like maybe it is okay if I take a little freaking methadone to dull the pain.

In fact I have had such a problem finding a pain management doctor here that will write me more than 10 mg of methadone because I am 29 (no matter how bad my MRI looks) that I have been forced to go to a methadone clinic. But I will not complain, because everything else in my life for the first time in a VERY long time is actually going right.

I know how you feel, I am an addict, but I am also a PMP. I have service connected injuries from the military. I take only methadone because I don't trust myself with anything else and subutex unfortunately doesn't do shit for actual pain (for me at least). I was taking 200 mg a day. But I manged to get down to 50 in like a weeks time. I could probably go lower, but I just don't want to feel the pain any more especially considering I JUST moved to VA, have not even started my new job yet, and my lower spine looks like a fucking birds nest, so I feel like maybe it is okay if I take a little freaking methadone to dull the pain.

In fact I have had such a problem finding a pain management doctor here that will write me more than 10 mg of methadone because I am 29 (no matter how bad my MRI looks) that I have been forced to go to a methadone clinic. But I will not complain, because everything else in my life for the first time in a VERY long time is actually going right.

I live in a different part of VA but it seems that a lot of people have a problem getting help with chronic pain.. Much different than Florida. Even a guy I know who had his back BROKEN in the coal mines, yep. Smashed by a fucking boulder and they won't really help him just because he's in his mid 20's.

OP, if you take opiates for chronic pain yet want to have a little fun too then that's fine. But the fun will go down the shitter and then you'll be left thinking DAMN I'm hurting all over! It's kinda like a bandaid.. Doesn't resolve the pain (emotional or physical) but you already know this if you're an addict. Just be absolutely sure you're willing to risk dependence cause its a real bitch. I'm not trying to sound like an asshole.. I just hate to see people get into that stuff especially if they've already beat it once.

From a strictly economical standpoint, dope is the best deal in town compared to buying pills.

That said, I think that street heroin poses a lot of additional risks vs medical grade opiods.

I'd really re-consider going back on dope Heather888. I know the cost effectiveness of it vs other options, but the variance in potency and the fact that it's cut with lord only knows what makes it a bad option, if you can at all afford anything else.

It sounds like you really just need pain management and a little mood lift. Have you thought about trying to find a connection for pharms vs going straight back to dope?