IGF injection times

DomPow

Bluelighter
I'm using IGF Long R3 at times now and even though practical experience is limited, I'd like to know what you think (5alpha please weigh in here).

A lot of people suggest AM and late afternoon pr PM injects. Here's my thing. IGF supposedly had decent site enhancing properties. I'll usually do 20mcg in the AM and 20mcg in the PM. I work out in the PM.

Here's my workout/injection site schedule
Monday Chest workout/Inject chest
Tuesday Back workout/Inject biceps
Wednesday Shoulder workout/Inject triceps
Thursday Leg workout/Inject quads (teardrop to be specific)
Friday Bi and tri workout/Inject bi's
Saturday Off/Inject tri's
Sunday Off/Inject bi's

Since I'm only injecting twice a day Lets take Monday for example. I inject 20mcg in the left pec in the AM, and in the PM I inject the right and go workout. Is my right pec getting more benifit from having the IGF in vivo? Should I split the injects to 10mcg each pec in the AM and 10 each pec in the PM totalling 40mcg? How about taking it all (20mcg each pec) pre workout?

Just looking for opinions here.

The long r3 igf-1 will have an active life of close to 24 hours so I would inject to make the most of that. I would split up the shots in to 4 as you said with your pecs and obviously going IM. I am pretty lean and I can get IM in most places with just a half inch needle. I would injet in the morning to take advantage of its glucose disposal properties during the day, then inject 30-60 min before a workout to take advantage of it site specific effects and its effects on local protein synthesis.

I'm pretty lean as well and it all goes in a 30g 1/2" slin pin.

My question is this. If the active life is close to 24 hours why not just 2 shots instead of 4?

you only need to take 2 shots one in the AM and 1 before bed...it is not gonna change the results by the time at which you take it..it satys active the same amount of time no matter where you inject so one pec isnt gonna have an advantage over the other due to injection time or workout time since injected and so forth...

also long igf has a half life of about 10hrs...and i do mine sub Q only this is where you will get all the decrease in BF(slower absorbtion rate) not IM injection...alot do the IM injections at night post workout though...

Last edited:
The igf-1 is going to peak at much different times though, so that is why more injections would allow for better use of the product. We want it to peak early in the day to take advantage of its glucose disposal properties, then to peak again for its effects on site specific protein synthesis. I am not following your idea on injecting SQ to get SQ fat loss though.

Anyway, I've decided to switch it up. I must fucking like needles :D Doing 40mcg a day I'll do 10mcg per inject. 2 injects morning and 2 injects preworkout. I want to inject both sides of the body.

Workout/injection site schedule (AM/PM)
Monday Chest workout/Inject calves/chest
Tuesday Back workout/Inject chest/biceps
Wednesday Shoulder workout/Inject calves/triceps
Thursday Leg workout/Inject outer quad/inner quad (teardrop to be specific)
Friday Bi and tri workout/Inject chest/bi's
Saturday Off/Inject tri's (AM and PM)
Sunday Off/Inject bi's (AM and PM)

This could very well be overkill or a futile attempt, but in the name of science.... 8o

scope101 said:
you only need to take 2 shots one in the AM and 1 before bed...it is not gonna change the results by the time at which you take it..it satys active the same amount of time no matter where you inject so one pec isnt gonna have an advantage over the other due to injection time or workout time since injected and so forth...

I think you may have partially missed my point.

My point was having the IGF active in the muscle pre and post workout might be a better catalyst for growth as opposed to not having it in there. For example, one morning I inject one pec and 10 hours pass and then the PM inject in the other pec and then I go workout. 1 pec has IGF active in it and the other does not. See my point here?

yeah i see your point but then the next time you go the other one will have it in during workout and the opposite wont just switch them up...

well since IGF is normally only run in 4 week increments for some muscles that'd mean only getting hit twice. I'm gonna stick with my new plan.

Time to go stab my calves

I wouldnt hit 10mcg 4x a day. 10mcg is a small dosage even for LR3IGF-1. Your better going 20mcg 2x day, once when you wakeup, once after dinner.

LR3IGF-1 doesnt have much for localized effects, thats IGF-1 that has localized effects. IM is also better than sub-Q injections, I know this from personal experience.

If your trying to locally grow a muscle, I suggest a combination of PGF2a, PGE1, and rIGF-1. I used that combo with 4 injections a day into one muscle. Used it to grow my calves and forearms, let me tell you, as painful and diarhea-provoking as the combination is, it works like nuthin you've ever seen. I began combining Lidocaine to the injections to kill the pain as it was becoming unbearable as I pushed my dosages to new limits.

Did you get the pge1 from the US erection injectable caverject, or from somewhere else. I have used pgf-2a before and I liked it for site enhancement, espeically for a big pump in a showy muscle like arms or pecs. I never tried it forearms though but good idea. What muscle or muscles in the forearms did you use the mix in.

Sphinx said:
I wouldnt hit 10mcg 4x a day. 10mcg is a small dosage even for LR3IGF-1. Your better going 20mcg 2x day, once when you wakeup, once after dinner.

LR3IGF-1 doesnt have much for localized effects, thats IGF-1 that has localized effects. IM is also better than sub-Q injections, I know this from personal experience.

If your trying to locally grow a muscle, I suggest a combination of PGF2a, PGE1, and rIGF-1. I used that combo with 4 injections a day into one muscle. Used it to grow my calves and forearms, let me tell you, as painful and diarhea-provoking as the combination is, it works like nuthin you've ever seen. I began combining Lidocaine to the injections to kill the pain as it was becoming unbearable as I pushed my dosages to new limits.

I've been thinking about that myself minus the PGE1. Maybe sometime later this summer though.

As far as the 10mgc 4X a day it's really more like 20mch 2X q day. I'm just splitting the 20mchinto 2 shots (2 in the AM and 2 in the PM).

actually sub q is better but hey think what you want...just like HGH sub q is better also IGF is best when done for 50 days i reapeat 50days..that is the absolute best way to run it and get the optimalk results from it...i have take IGF many many times ...use to only run 3mls of it till i was told to do the 50 day cycles like recommended and i will daMN IF THE RESULT WERENT 10X BETTER ALSO YOU WILL SEE PRETTY GOOD RESULT BUT FOR GREAT RESULT YOU SHOULD TAKE ATLEAST 40MCG A DAY...(oops sorry about the caps..) i took 80mcg and result were coming faster than you could imagine...i will dig up Basskileers thread on it for ya it is posted at every major Bodybuilding site ...

Once again. I choose to do my own research and do what makes the most medical sense. I believe the thread on basskillers site was actually warlobo's over @ EF.

Thanks for your input though.

IGF-1 R3

IGF1 stands for insulin like growth factor. It mimics insulin in the human body and also at the same time makes the muscles more sensitive to insulin’s effects. It is a growth factor and is the most potent one in the human body at that. IGF causes muscle cell hyperplasia, which is an actual splitting and forming of new muscle cells. This was thought to only be possible during puberty. IGF is much more potent at this effect than growth hormone is, in fact almost all of the effects you see from growth hormone come from the increased amount of IGF that your liver produces when the GH is destroyed. So it would be very easy to say that IGF is a much more potent and cheaper alternative to GH use, although GH is more effective for fat loss than IGF due to some other effects that it causes such as metabolism increase and the ability to effectively use more insulin, T3, and anabolic steroids.

Another advantage that IGF has over GH is that it has much more of an affinity to attach to muscle cells instead of bone and organ cells. Growth hormone has been know to cause a lot of organ enlargement and bone elongation since it attaches to all types of receptor cells. IGF is much more likely to go where we want it, our muscle cells. IGF-1 attaches to myogenic stem cells which are only located in muscle and connective tissues. These myogenic stem cells are responsible for the production of myoblast cells which in turn are responsible for the buildup and repair of connective tissues (ligaments, tendons, cartilage, and joints to a certain extent).

So from this you can see that IGF-1 is great for increasing the strength of tendons and also for helping to heal existing injuries while at the same time helping to prevent them. IGF-1 is also responsible for increased protein synthesis and amino acid synthesis.

IGF does not have to be used along with anabolic steroids, GH, insulin, or thyroid hormones to be effective. It causes muscle growth on its own. In fact some people prefer to use it during their breaks from steroid cycles since IGF has no effect on natural test production. It could effectively be used along with HCG, clomid, and PGF2a for a hell of an off cycle stack which would allow your body to return to normal and still allow you to grow!! On its own IGF will give an increase of around 2 lbs. of new solid lean muscle tissue every two weeks, and is also is know for its ability to strip off body fat and GREATLY increase vascularity, body fat decreases of 5-8% over a 50 day cycle are not uncommon. But, of course you will be much happier with the results if you use the IGF along with anabolic steroids, testosterone, and insulin.

The use of steroids along with the IGF allow you to quickly mature and strengthen the new muscle tissue that the IGF has formed, and may also speed the process of hyperplasia. If you need any help setting up a great stack to
use along with the IGF just let me know and I can help you out. I speak with lots of top bodybuilders and guru’s so I am very knowledgeable.

The dosage issue for IGF is where the most controversy lies. Dosages used by competitive athletes most commonly range anywhere between 60mcg/day to 100+mcg/day. The trick is finding the dosage that works best for YOU. For most the best results appear when you reach a dosage of 80mcg/day, while some do
receive good results from only 40mcg/day. I personally feel the best results begin to be noticed at a dosage of 100mcg/day. I personally am using 150mcg/day during my current cycle.

Also I should let you know that the form of IGF is the Long R3 analog. It has been chemically altered and has a longer half-life than regular IGF, which only lasts about 10 minutes in the human body once injected. The Long R3 IGF-1 has a half-life of 6-10 hours, so you will only need to inject once or twice per day. The best time to inject is after lifting and in the morning, so it would be best to use half the dosage in the morning and the other half after lifting. This will take maximal advantage of IGF’s insulin
mimicking effects.

Once the long r3 igf-1 attacthes to the igf-1BP3 the life is over 24 hours. The last line of basskillers, or whoevers, says what we have been saying, inject twice a day in the morning and after (although I say before) a workout.