• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

If you got offered the chance to have any career anywhere what would it be? (Your dreamcareer)

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I cant find the homeless section anymore so i just put this here sometimes its nice to be inspired feel free to move it though

For me their is only one true career and that is a game designer i mean proper video games if i got my foot in the right door which i still could im only 22 I think I could make some of the best games in the world that would blow peoples minds... I even have sketches and concept art drawing for fictional character i made up, iconic pick ups, object's mainly to pass the time but yeah if i was a bigshot in somewhere like blizzard who done world of warcraft which is one of the most beautiful and addictive pieces of art and gamey ive ever played I would know I've made it. If you played my games you would come back with a massive sense of artistic enlightenment.

God i post way to much its just cus im a fast reader but yeah im taking a break because i have a headache.

Anyone else into gaming or know someone who works in the industry or just share your dream job and dream away

:) :). :)

I'm in the industry, presently as a retired indie; but when I was young I worked on AAA titles.
If you feel that way then you need build a good portfolio, not just of artwork but also completed projects either in a team or solo.
What skills do you have? Do you know the workflow for your art to get into the game via the engine? What applications can you use and which engines have you worked with?

These are just a few questions you might ask yourself and plan accordingly :)

Im not gonna lie.. I know my way around a computer..but nothing to do with programing or game designing if you dont mind me asking what do you mean when you say 'work flow to get into art via engine' I have no idea what most of those words do if that tells you how much I know about game designing :D but you obviously know what your talking about.

you work on any big sellers? console games?

I see, well if you were really interested in becoming a game artist it would take a lot of school. There's a lot more involved than one might imagine.

Here's a YouTube video on one Blizzard Artist's experience training and working at Blizzard.

Social Worker. I want to work for a harm reduction organization. Or as a methodone counselor.

Scuba instructor or divemaster somewhere tropical.

criminal defense attorney, plan on going to law school when I'm off probation.

Omg do it!!! I loved crim Law! I just finished my first year of law school, but recently decided to defer for a year to get some life stuff settled and return!

I plan on going into international human rights law. My Dream would be to travel the world and help countries and vulnerable communities fight for a better life ☺

Let me know if you need any help or have any questions regarding Law school or LSAT prep!

My dream career was to become a commercial or military pilot, but my eyes prevented me from pursuing that. I spent 2 years flight engineering in Nam in the USAF but not as a pilot. Got to fly into hurricanes, too. It's up there with the things that are most fun to do with your clothes on :)

Navy SEAL. I wanted to be one since I was 8 years old... After I watched 9/11 happen during school, thats what I knew I wanted to be... To protect our country from the "bad guys". I trained for 4 years with former SEALs and other Special Operations guys to get me ready for BUDs. After High School, I joined the Navy and passed the SEAL PST with flying colors and got my SEAL contract. 5 months in I started having seizures and got kicked out... Now im a Firefighter/Paramedic... which kinda happened by accident, seeing how I never had any ambition to ever be one lol My backup job in the Navy (if I didn't make the SEAL Teams) was "Firefighter". So I figured that might be a cool job to have. Still depressed 8 years later... Maybe in another lifetime :/

Lived my dream but lost it all
Finance was my dream as a kid which I achieved and then later loved real estate but again fucked it up(just monetary wise still do both) but with newfound sobriety I hope to build myself back up.

A forensic artist.

Nurse

Therapist

A rep for a major cosmetics company: Urban Decay, Smashbox, Benefit, Too Faced, Lancome, Chanel. I'd be happy to work for any of them.

Social Worker. I want to work for a harm reduction organization. Or as a methodone counselor.
Go for it!! Have you started school? If you have your heart set on it, you will. Saw many BLers from the past, give up their addiction because they had a goal/purpose to drive them and it was for the right reasons - they got to know themselves & succeeded. Not that it's not difficult but EVERYTHING'S difficult anyway, you just got to choose what you're willing to go for and don't back down. Hard work is worth it, when you maturely, know your direction & really want what's right for you.
Wish you the best.❤

Last edited:
Go for it!! Have you started school? If you have your heart set on it, you will. Saw many BLers from the past, give up their addiction because they had a goal/purpose to drive them and it was for the right reasons - they got to know themselves & succeeded. Not that it's not difficult but EVERYTHING'S difficult anyway, you just got to choose what you're willing to go for and don't back down. Hard work is worth it, when you maturely, know your direction & really want what's right for you.
Wish you the best.❤
Thanks. Yeah I have 3 years of college towards a bachelor's in it. I just stopped going 5 years ago when my addiction and depression got bad. I'm in a new state so I'm going to try and transfer credits see if that's possible.

I have such a passion for helping people and I think I bring a unique perspective in that I believe you have to meet people where they are in a completely honest way. Many times I see places adopt policy that they call harm reduction when really it's more of the same "tough love" bs with nicer sounding terminology.

^ That's really cool to hear. Well just remember, it's going to be shit tough, your 'unique perspective' will be beaten black and blue - it never goes how we expect. So keep yourself focused on what you want despite obstacles, be tough & be flexible and most of all don't give up on yourself!! Ever!!

My dream career was to become a commercial or military pilot, but my eyes prevented me from pursuing that. I spent 2 years flight engineering in Nam in the USAF but not as a pilot. ...
Sounds like the next best thing. Am planning on treating myself to a few flying lessons and making it a hobby, post 2021. A colleague of mine is training to be a commercial pilot and I've been entertaining the idea for a while, just ATM it's impossible with time & money tied up in other things.
Flying is enthralling.☺️

i had my dream job, scientific programming, but i lost it cos of crack. i'm scared about whether i'll be able to get back into it.